• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Are you a person who wants to give your money into the "Lord's work", but you have not been able to find that perfect situation that frees you to do so?

Do you often feel the strong desire to give, but, you also feel strong resistance, at the same time?

Well, there is a spiritual cure for wanting to give, but not being able to find the right way, the right ministry, the right situation, so that you can give and not have that inner negative feeling of..... : "i wonder what they will do with the money".

Here is how you can get past that... forever.

Turn to Jesus and say....."Lord, what is the best and most pure way i can give my money into your work, so that you are most pleased".....

Jesus will tell you.....>"give to the LEAST OF THESE".
He won't even have to think twice, as that is always His beautiful heart.

If you want to give, and feel the best about your giving, and make sure you are pleasing the Lord the most, then He would have you to "Give to the Least of these".

Who is that?
Its the poor.
Its always the Poor.
Who are the poor? = Its "the least of these". That's them.

So, find a way to give your money.... and if possible some of your time into the lives of the Orphans and the people who are living on the street, for example.

Believer......The truly poor make up most of this world's population.
Saint, there are countries where 1 meal every 2 days, is a Luxury.
There are countries where children have never owned a pair of shoes.
There are countries on the Globe that find their people washing in, and drinking from, the same filthy water supply.
Im talking about a dirty stream or something like...

And the beauty of giving to the "least of these", is that you dont have to worry about "what do they believe"......as this is not important.
What is important, is that our Lord told us to "give to the least of these" and when we do this, He says """"we are giving to Him""".

Give, to the "least of These".

And may God bless you in the giving.

<B><

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you a person who wants to give your money into the "Lord's work", but you have not been able to find that perfect situation that frees you to do so?

Do you often feel the strong desire to give, but, you also feel strong resistance, at the same time?

Well, there is a spiritual cure for wanting to give, but not being able to find the right way, the right ministry, the right situation, so that you can give and not have that inner negative feeling of..... : "i wonder what they will do with the money".

Turn to Jesus and say....."Lord, what is the best and most pure way i can give my money into your work, so that you are most pleased".....

If you want to give, and feel the best about your giving, and make sure you are pleasing the Lord the most, then He would have you to "Give to the Least of these".

Who is that?
Its the poor.
Its always the Poor.

So, find a way to give your money.... and if possible some of your time into the lives of the Orphans and the people who are living on the street, for example.

There are countries on the Globe that find their people washing in, and drinking from, the same filthy water supply.

And the beauty of giving to the "least of these", is that you dont have to worry about "what do they believe"......as this is not important.
What is important, is that our Lord told us to "give to the least of these" and when we do this, He says """"we are giving to Him""".

<B><
But, sorry Behold, this has not resolved the problem as to the concern, to whether or not the charity gets appropriated correctly.
You mentioned global situations, as though implying that we should extend our philanthropy across seas, I agree. But, such disparity causes suspicion, at least due to so many unknown variables.
But even to give on a local level, we often wonder of the authenticity of one's poverty, or their responsibility in addressing their health rather than their vices.
I sponsored children with Children International for many years, and now i just give an automatic payment every month to 'Children Believe' (formerly Christian Children's Fund of Canada), to where most needed. And during world crisis, i give to Red Cross, Unicef, World Vision - the renowned organizations.
Either way, I still have reservations about either their competence or their integrity. I heard horror stories about the Red Cross in regard to their tsunami relief efforts, in the Philippines several years ago.

But, what do you do? Us 1st world countries are obligated to give as far as Christian ethics are concerned, and one's heart. If not all our funds are utilized in the most efficient and focused manner, I do believe that many are still getting the sustenance and infrastructure that they need.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, sorry Behold, this has not resolved the problem as to the concern, to whether or not the charity gets appropriated correctly.
You mentioned global situations, as though implying that we should extend our philanthropy across seas, I agree. But, such disparity causes suspicion, at least due to so many unknown variables.
But even to give on a local level, we often wonder of the authenticity of one's poverty, or their responsibility in addressing their health rather than their vices.
I sponsored children with Children International for many years, and now i just give an automatic payment every month to 'Children Believe' (formerly Christian Children's Fund of Canada), to where most needed. And during world crisis, i give to Red Cross, Unicef, World Vision - the renowned organizations.
Either way, I still have reservations about either their competence or their integrity. I heard horror stories about the Red Cross in regard to their tsunami relief efforts, in the Philippines several years ago.

But, what do you do? Us 1st world countries are obligated to give as far as Christian ethics are concerned, and one's heart. If not all our funds are utilized in the most efficient and focused manner, I do believe that many are still getting the sustenance and infrastructure that they need.
I remember reading.. about 'Red Cross'.
---
I seems that many people assume/trust.. those 'well known' organizations,
- Maybe too much..
----
'World Vision'
- I like..its operation/activities
- ..have been observing/involved..over the years.

Reactions: DNB

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is that?
Its the poor.
Its always the Poor.

<B><

We have homeless in the USA. Something that shouldn't exist and yet it does. We have poor, and rich, why is that?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is that?
Its the poor.
Its always the Poor.

<B><

The poor are poor because they make poor decisions. Especially here in America.

They totally ignore such parables as the grasshopper and the ant.

They make the same mistake as Esau.

Should we bless those God has chosen to curse?

However...
There are those who, with a little financial help, can do great good and things.
Buy a man a lawnmower and he begins a landscaping service employing many people.

Or a struggling young couple want a baby...they can't have one but wish to adopt. But they can't afford to... should they be deprived for the sake of the poor?

A bunch of boys in the neighborhood want to play games outside. They do so in the dirt and weeds. What if someone paid for grass to be planted and watered and mowed? A whole baseball field installed.

An innocent man stands accused of a horrible crime. He needs a lawyer but can't afford one. Should his pleas go unheard?

A young man and his wife run an orphanage for children bought/escaped from the sex industry. Should their requests go empty?

There are plenty of places to give other than those who claim to be "poor".

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember reading.. about 'Red Cross'.
---
I seems that many people assume/trust.. those 'well known' organizations,
- Maybe too much..
----
'World Vision'
- I like..its operation/activities
- ..have been observing/involved..over the years.
Good to know, thank you!

Reactions: Pathfinder7