Lev.19:28 says TATTOOS are a No No

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
Did you know that Liv.19:28 states that TATOOS are contrary to the will of God and thereby a sin? I didn't, until I read it in the NKJV, MSG. and GW translations of the bible. Amazing how many of the 613 laws God gave to Moses to write down and pass on to the people that I don't know. Maybe that is why my user name is Bigdummy.....Ray

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was so cute - you're a big dummy.I'm easily confused.But, yes, on other forums tattoos are discussed alot.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
It amazes me out of the 600+ laws in Leviticus, that the one that always sticks out is the Tattoos. It's hilarious to me to see someone preaching against tattoos. I always wonder. How can someone be so against this one particular thing while feeling okay about not following the rest of them. While wearing a polycotton blend shirt on their way to eat a porkchop dinner, with a clean shaved face and cropped hair, they'll preach against tattoos and call it sin. It makes me think of taking part of communion. "I'll just have the wine. Thanks!"

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
[quote name='WhiteKnuckle;75019]It amazes me out of the 600+ laws in Leviticus' date=' that the one that always sticks out is the Tattoos. It's hilarious to me to see someone preaching against tattoos. I always wonder. How can someone be so against this one particular thing while feeling okay about not following the rest of them. While wearing a polycotton blend shirt on their way to eat a porkchop dinner, with a clean shaved face and cropped hair, they'll preach against tattoos and call it sin. It makes me think of taking part of communion. "I'll just have the wine. Thanks!"[/QUOTE']Who is preaching against tattoos? bd asked a question.

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
[quote name='WhiteKnuckle;75019]It amazes me out of the 600+ laws in Leviticus' date=' that the one that always sticks out is the Tattoos. It's hilarious to me to see someone preaching against tattoos. I always wonder. How can someone be so against this one particular thing while feeling okay about not following the rest of them. While wearing a polycotton blend shirt on their way to eat a porkchop dinner, with a clean shaved face and cropped hair, they'll preach against tattoos and call it sin. It makes me think of taking part of communion. "I'll just have the wine. Thanks!"[/QUOTE'] You missed my point WK I personally don't care if you or anyone else has tatoos from his/her toes to his nose. The only reason I posted what I did was that I never realized there was such a restriction written in the bible,I'm not talking about an unforgivable sin as I only know of one that is, I just mentioned it for people like myself who may think there is not much that has been written in the bible we haven't heard at one time or another, If you happen to be one that was familuar with that (unusual) No No fine, I applaud your bible knowledge, but I bet there were more that didn't know it (like myself) than did. but I am glad you found it hilarious as we all need a laugh from time to time.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
bigdummy;75025]You missed my point WK I personally don said:
I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood me too. I wasn't meaning anything against anything you said, or nothin like that. I was just making a comment about my thoughts. Sorry for the misunderstanding. There's tons in the bible that I don't know, even the stuff that I do know, I still don't know completely.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes forgotten in the muck is what the tatoos spoken about here were actually for. Anyone care to hazard a guess or submit an answer on that one? (And no, I don't have a tattoo and don't desire one.)

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
The focus on tattoo's has also been enhanced by some prophecy theories related to the Mark of the Beast.Some people speculate that the mark of the beast it might be a tattoo. So they will preach against ever receiving a tattoo. I decided long ago, even before i was a Christian never to have a tattoo. My thinking was if my normal physical appearance is not good enough for someone then that was their problem. My thinking today is similar. God gave me my skin and it is good enough as it is now thank you. All Praise The Ancient Of Days