Liberality:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 8:2-4 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. [3] For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; [4] Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

Such a bold passage where easily every line could be bolded as important. the abundance of their joy and deep poverty; how do those two go together? Important also is the abounded unto the riches of their liberality. Not the riches as the world gives but riches of their Liberality. Note 2 Corinthians 6:10 ... as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

But there is even more treasure in 2 Corinthians 8 where Paul said “I bare record” “beyond their power they were willing of themselves” . Beyond their power ...Paul bares record this can only be of God as a witness “beyond their power” in submission to the power of God (willing of themselves).

”abounded unto the riches of their liberality.” whom the Son makes free is free indeed. 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Liberality: Liberty. Romans 8:20-23 has always stood out. As one is either empty made subject to vanity and under the bondage of corruption or delivered from the bondage of corruption INTO the glorious LIBERTY of the children of God. This glorious Liberality of where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty which the whole creation groans to be delivered in hope.

From Romans 8:20-23 one is either under the bondage of corruption or delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the Sons of God. 2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

Remember Paul’s “I bare record, yea, and beyond their power” abounded unto the riches of their Liberality but also notice the final verse with James: 2 Corinthians 8:2-4 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. [3] For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; [4] Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

1 Corinthians 4:19-20 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. [20] For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. (For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power...)

James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus