Life 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. - Romans 7:2-4.

So if God is not in the business of changing people, then what is his business? His business is to exchange them! the cross is where the old man was crucified and it is the cross where you get a new man Christ in you. So you have the old man out and the new man in at the cross. Why does humanity need the cross? because the cross is where the exchange was made. You have to go to the cross for salvation and your salvation is the old man is dead there and the new man comes into being, a new creature new creation. We sing a song "I'm a new creation I'm a brand new man, old things have passed away I've been born again."

What is my responsibility to my father now as a new creation? I'm to allow the Holyspirit to teach me, I yield to the leading of the Holyspirit. He will not lead you astray because you have the word of God for your understanding.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? - Romans 6:16.

The Holyspirit reveals the word of God to you and mind renewal begins. That is the simplest way to understand Christianity and scriptures will bear out truth to you. Thank God for the men and women that are saved and dedicated to helping and teaching others as their led. There are so many wonderful teachers of the word of God and we put trust in them as we should. But the time comes in every believers life if you are going on in God it will be the Holyspirit that teaches you.

We feel our great teachers can take us into the deep things of God but they can't. A teacher such as Paul should be able to spur other believers to revelation.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; - Romans 1:11.

Teachers cannot reveal anything to you but they can tell you and it will be the HolySpirit that takes a believer and reveals to them the plan of God. The plan of God revealed will be the greatest of revelations to be revealed to you. The revelation of Christ in you starts an understanding of the plan of God before the foundations of the world.

So what is a Christian? One with Christ in them. What do Christian's do? They yield to the Holyspirit. That is all they can do because we do not know what God has until he reveals it to the believer. We will always have a strong feeling for being led and the revelation that is working in you by the Holyspirit is of the Christ that is in you. That is his primary ministry to believers. Bless you.

Reactions: APAK and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP.
GREAT subject, and on point.

What is my responsibility to my father now as a new creation? I'm to allow the Holyspirit to teach me, I yield to the leading of the Holyspirit. He will not lead you astray because you have the word of God for your understanding.
BINGO, can't say nothing more there

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? - Romans 6:16.
you just gave me a new perspective on this verse, combined with what you said above, for the bible is correct "faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word of God". thanks,, I got to study on that.

We feel our great teachers can take us into the deep things of God but they can't. A teacher such as Paul should be able to spur other believers to revelation.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; - Romans 1:11.
bingo, on point again. well I just got a daily meal.

PICJAG.

Reactions: soul man

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. - Romans 7:2-4.

So if God is not in the business of changing people, then what is his business? His business is to exchange them! the cross is where the old man was crucified and it is the cross where you get a new man Christ in you. So you have the old man out and the new man in at the cross. Why does humanity need the cross? because the cross is where the exchange was made. You have to go to the cross for salvation and your salvation is the old man is dead there and the new man comes into being, a new creature new creation. We sing a song "I'm a new creation I'm a brand new man, old things have passed away I've been born again."

The Holyspirit reveals the word of God to you and mind renewal begins. That is the simplest way to understand Christianity and scriptures will bear out truth to you. Thank God for the men and women that are saved and dedicated to helping and teaching others as their led. There are so many wonderful teachers of the word of God and we put trust in them as we should. But the time comes in every believers life if you are going on in God it will be the Holyspirit that teaches you.

Teachers cannot reveal anything to you but they can tell you and it will be the HolySpirit that takes a believer and reveals to them the plan of God. The plan of God revealed will be the greatest of revelations to be revealed to you. The revelation of Christ in you starts an understanding of the plan of God before the foundations of the world.

So what is a Christian? One with Christ in them. What do Christian's do? They yield to the Holyspirit. That is all they can do because we do not know what God has until he reveals it to the believer. We will always have a strong feeling for being led and the revelation that is working in you by the Holyspirit is of the Christ that is in you. That is his primary ministry to believers. Bless you.

I cannot tell you how many Christians I know have re married after divorce...even though their original spouse is still living. It seems they justify it somehow but, the word is clear on this so, they are no better than adulterers and are considered unrighteous. But, you don't ever hear this teaching. Can one who is the "new man" actually walk in
righteousness if living in sin? I think they are fooling themselves...celibacy isn't bad at all, especially since His grace is so very sufficient.
Good Post soulman.

Reactions: soul man and APAK

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot tell you how many Christians I know have re married after divorce...even though their original spouse is still living. It seems they justify it somehow but, the word is clear on this so, they are no better than adulterers and are considered unrighteous. But, you don't ever hear this teaching. Can one who is the "new man" actually walk in
righteousness if living in sin? I think they are fooling themselves...celibacy isn't bad at all, especially since His grace is so very sufficient.
Good Post soulman.
not saying that you're right or wrong, but if you're DEAD in a marriage, are you bound any longer? and as for the Law, James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." so, have anyone not violated any of the laws?, meaning one have kept all and everyone? no, no one so are we all then adulterers? let's see what God say about this,
James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."
James 4:5 "Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?"
James 4:6 "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
James 4:7 "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."
James 4:9 "Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness."
James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."
James 4:11 "Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge."
James 4:12 "There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?"
James 4:13 "Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:"
James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
James 4:15 "For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."
James 4:16 "But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil."
James 4:17 "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

the whole book is good for reading.

and as I have said about the Law, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

that one word "humble", it's directed straight at "US". for the Spirit of the Law determine my future, not the Law itself. for Roman 7 was written to those who knew the Law, and to those new christian who was suffering unto death, "No law hath power over a man longer than he lives". hence a "NEW LIFE" ... not in the world, but in Christ.

as the apostle states by thge Holy Ghost, Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"
Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

but a reading of the whole book of Romans is a good read.

PICJAG

Reactions: Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bingo, on point again. well I just got a daily meal.

Glad you enjoyed it, that is what it is all about. None have a complete understanding of all our father is and does, but maybe a nugget here and there to help along the way -:)

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. It seems they justify it somehow but, the word is clear on this so, they are no better than adulterers and are considered unrighteous

Thank you dear sister. The law was very clear on the subject and Paul uses it to analogize the new creation. The husband being the old man and the wife is bound by law to her husband with no escape not even physical death could not eliminate the old man. Nature could not be destroyed by law, only the cross, the death of the old man for believers.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not saying that you're right or wrong, but if you're DEAD in a marriage, are you bound any longer? and as for the Law, James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." so, have anyone not violated any of the laws?, meaning one have kept all and everyone? no, no one so are we all then adulterers? let's see what God say about this,
James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."
James 4:5 "Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?"
James 4:6 "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
James 4:7 "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."
James 4:9 "Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness."
James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."
James 4:11 "Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge."
James 4:12 "There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?"
James 4:13 "Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:"
James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
James 4:15 "For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."
James 4:16 "But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil."
James 4:17 "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

the whole book is good for reading.

and as I have said about the Law, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

that one word "humble", it's directed straight at "US". for the Spirit of the Law determine my future, not the Law itself. for Roman 7 was written to those who knew the Law, and to those new christian who was suffering unto death, "No law hath power over a man longer than he lives". hence a "NEW LIFE" ... not in the world, but in Christ.

as the apostle states by thge Holy Ghost, Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"
Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

but a reading of the whole book of Romans is a good read.

PICJAG

Hello 101,
I've been reading the book of Romans! I'm on Ch. 8 right now. You give good scriptures.

God hates divorce..."till death do we part".
What are we to think when reading the below verses?
"Romans 7:2,3
A married woman is bound by law to her husband as long as he lives. This means that if she is married to another man while her first husband is alive, she is guilty of adultery.

"18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." Luke 16:18

As far as divorce is concerned, it is totally against what God ordained originally. Many marry too quickly and when the rubber hits the road, they want out. Or, they cheat...which does give one the right to divorce their spouse, but not to marry again unless the other spouse dies. They made their choice when they married so, ...till death... Anyhow, this is what I see. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply,
God hates divorce..."till death do we part".
What are we to think when reading the below verses?
"Romans 7:2,3
A married woman is bound by law to her husband as long as he lives. This means that if she is married to another man while her first husband is alive, she is guilty of adultery.
yes he hates it, but he allowed it, and for GOOD REASONS. as a matter of fact he used it, listen, Jeremiah 3:8 "And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also." now there is a lot to understand with limited space on these posts I will do my best to make it short as possiable but with some general understanding. so God divorced Israel, under the "LAW, which we're no longer under in christ JESUS, listen, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,"
10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine"

now listen carefull Nancy, "I'm not under the Law itself, but I am subject to the "Spirit" of the Law. now, what do I mean about that. lets go to the marriage chapter of 1 Corinthians 7 and get some understanding. please follow me carefully.

1 Corinthians 7:10 "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:" 11 "But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife".
ok Nancy, who is the apostle speaking to here? is he by the Lord speaking to all married people? no, only unto those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit in him, Christ JESUS. other words Christians who are in him living by the Spirit and not by their flesh. and here's why we say this, for the very next verse bare this out, listen. 1 Corinthians 7:12 "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away." remember this letter is to the Church, (the whole body), at Corinth, but why did he say, "But to the rest speak I". is not the church a whole? see it now?, he was speaking to two types of married people. follow me, those in Christ living by the Spirit have no need to divorce or put away their spouses, because the Spirit is the peace in the home which both husband and wife partake, Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith," 23 "Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." see if both are living by the Spirit, then there is no law to break, peace is in the house, because in the bonds of the Holy Spirit both let LOVE rule in their hearts. so there is no need for any departure, or putting away. but even still all of us are human, the Love of God will overcome all things in a marriage, (hence the departure, but the reconciling). BINGO.

now the rest, those christians who are not living after the Spirit, listen, 1 Corinthians 7:12 "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away." BINGO, the key word here is "please" to dwell with. please here is the Greek word,
G4909 συνευδοκέω suneudokeo (sïn-ev-d̮o-ke'-ō) v.
to think well of in common, i.e. assent to, feel gratified with.
[from G4862 and G2106]
KJV: allow, assent, be pleased, have pleasure
Root(s): G4862, G2106

13 "And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him".

see, it now, if there is no fussing and fighting all the time, there is peace in the home, I don't mean in every thing, all the time, no, but as the definition points out ... "to think well of in common" one might not agree with everything, but at least have some things in "COMMON". see no marriage is perfect, but if one have some things in common, then one can have a happy home by overcoming the thing that might beset you. listen, Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," 14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." WHAT AM I SAYING HERE, "FORGIVENESS", a simple thing is to do, is to say I'm sorry, forgive me. remember it takes two, and forgiveness works both ways. 14 "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy". see, it takes two in a marriage, and there must be some, as the definition states, "feel gratified with". so there must be something that got you two together, so build on that. now this, the next verse, 1 Corinthians 7:15 "But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace." BINGO, there it is, one is not under bondgage... the LAW, see it now. in a Spirit fill marriage there is no need to depart. now listen carefully, back to 1 Corinthians 7:11 to get a better understanding of what and why a divorce comes into play. verse 11, "But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.". why remain unmarried? or be reconciled to her husband? because if they are living in the Spirit, spats happens, but not to the point of divorce, hence the reason why to be reconciled to her husband. the key word is her husband, because she have not got a divorce, (No need to at this point, if in the Lord, living after the Spirit). now some have preached, "well since she departed you are going to have to live unmarried, you and her unless you both are reconcile ", LIE, you only reconcile if you're still married. listen to what was said, "let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband". see she just separated from her HUSBAND only for a while .... FROM HER "HUSBAND", she's still MARRIED, not "Divorced", she haven't file for divorce. now on the other hand if one file for divorce then there in no need to be reconciled to any husband. see it now. one only depart if things can be worked out. separating is a time for cooling down, not down and OUT. so reconciliation is if you're still married.

so if you depart and have no plans to reconcile, then you must divorce, (bill of divorcement), first before you re-marry, else then, and only then are you considered an adulterers or an adulteresses. see one can separate or put away, but if no bill of Divorcement is given you're still married. hence the reason why the apostles said be "reconciled to her HUSBAND", because she is still married.

so the key here is, what kind of marriage are you in. and I don't buy that saying, what God have put together let no man put asunder.... well my question is this, "Did God put you and "it" together, or did you and "it" got together on your on?". sorry to use "it", but that's the best term I can describe some people character and actions in a marriage to the tee. NOTE: if God did put you together, there would be no reason to divorce, for he, is your peace in the home. now on the other hand....... you know where I'm going.

so it's important when reading scripture .... Who is the scripture speaking to. now understand this. what go on in house A, might not work in house B. so there is no set standerd I can give beside hopefully that both parties obey to the Spirit, (as said, even the best have spats... ok), because every person is different. as said what two may agree on in House A, that agreement might not work in house C. so as for advice, I stick with the scriptures only.

my Job is not to hamper people down in rules and regulations without KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDINBG, supportive Scriptures. 1 Corinthians 7:35 "And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction."

if you're distracted to the point where it may cost you to put your salvation into jeopardy, I believe eternal LIFE is more important that a dead marriage. for all sin is forgivable except one.

PICJAG

PS. as the apostle said, not I the Lord, if anyone, man or woman is abused, and or battered in a marriage, get out. now I don't care who don't agree with that, but your life is precious to God for that's why he gave you life, and not for the devil to seal or destroy it. for the scriptures are clear, 1 Corinthians 7:15 "But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace." so there is a "case" not to be under bondgage, and if it's no peace in the home, after these scriptures, it's on you.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...PS. as the apostle said, not I the Lord, if anyone, man or woman is abused, and or battered in a marriage, get out. now I don't care who don't agree with that, but your life is precious to God for that's why he gave you life, and not for the devil to seal or destroy it. for the scriptures are clear, 1 Corinthians 7:15 "But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace." so there is a "case" not to be under bondgage, and if it's no peace in the home, after these scriptures, it's on you.[/QUOTE]

Hi 101...Yes, God allowed divorce but because of the hardness of man's hearts.
"I don't buy that saying, what God have put together let no man put asunder...." <--- Why would you say you do not believe this, as it is scripture?

Of course I would never suggest that a spouse who is being abused should stay with the abuser, Christian or not. But, like you said above, putting away or taking a separation break is not divorcing. But, if a divorce does come of it, being the unbelieving spouse, does not scripture say that as long as the divorced husband or wife (whichever is saved) is not to marry again unless the other dies? I am speaking more to divorce and remarrying. I'm not looking so much at the OT for this but, mostly the NT...which is not under law...
Thank you for your reply :)