LIFE CAN BE HARD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Life can be hard.
Life can be really hard, even as a follower of Jesus, it can be too much to handle on our own.
On my own, I just do not have what it takes.
I am fickle. I wander. I often doubt. I make mistakes. I fall short.
And that’s ok! I am not designed to be self-sufficient.

Our security, our peace and our all sufficiency can only be found in one place--it can only be found in the Lord. In Him, you and I have been given everything we need to confidently face whatever today brings.

He has given us the Holy Spirit--our Helper. We have been given God the Father, where we find our identity, and we have been given Jesus Christ, who saves and sets us free by His blood! None of these absolute miracles could ever be earned or gained in our own strength.
In His mercy, the Lord looks on us with loving kindness and compassion and offers to meet our every need, if we only acknowledge our need for Him.

Holy Spirit, You are welcome to move in every part of my life. I acknowledge my need for You. I give You permission to have Your way in my finances, my dreams, my home and in the deepest parts of my heart and mind. Come like a flood into every corner of me, even the places I've kept hidden. You are my confidence. You are my source. Forgive me for looking to so many other sources for my confidence and security. I look to You and You alone. Amen.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
John 14:26

This was sent to me by a friend yesterday. It is his pastors message from last Sunday. He has given permission for it to be shared.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Difficulties often arise because Jesus deliberately allowed them that we may look to him for help. We are not designed it created to be independent beings. As you said Pearl, self sufficiency is a curse.
"Without Me ye can do nothing". This is especially so in these last days. There is coming a massive crisis through society and no nation or individual will be unaffected. All earthly supports will be cut off. None are currently adequately prepared for the coming tribulation. We need faith... And praise God... He is willing to supply all our needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus. We simply need to make ourselves available. God bless everyone as we learn to trust Him more each day till the end.

Reactions: Pearl

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Life can be hard.
Life can be really hard, even as a follower of Jesus, it can be too much to handle on our own.
On my own, I just do not have what it takes.
I am fickle. I wander. I often doubt. I make mistakes. I fall short.
And that’s ok! I am not designed to be self-sufficient.

Our security, our peace and our all sufficiency can only be found in one place--it can only be found in the Lord. In Him, you and I have been given everything we need to confidently face whatever today brings.

He has given us the Holy Spirit--our Helper. We have been given God the Father, where we find our identity, and we have been given Jesus Christ, who saves and sets us free by His blood! None of these absolute miracles could ever be earned or gained in our own strength.
In His mercy, the Lord looks on us with loving kindness and compassion and offers to meet our every need, if we only acknowledge our need for Him.

Holy Spirit, You are welcome to move in every part of my life. I acknowledge my need for You. I give You permission to have Your way in my finances, my dreams, my home and in the deepest parts of my heart and mind. Come like a flood into every corner of me, even the places I've kept hidden. You are my confidence. You are my source. Forgive me for looking to so many other sources for my confidence and security. I look to You and You alone. Amen.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
John 14:26

This was sent to me by a friend yesterday. It is his pastors message from last Sunday. He has given permission for it to be shared.

That was lovely @Pearl please give him my love and thank him for reminding me of who we serve and not to rely on our own strength. I love this story about Elisha and his servant -
2 Kings 6
5 When the servant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was all around the city. And the servant said, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?” 16 He said, “Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 Then Elisha prayed and said, “O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.” So the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.