Life is a joy……

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life is a joy, if one would obey this simple rule, that being, if one would be blessed, do righteousness, if not, don’t….

For submitting oneself onto this truth is the teaching of all scripture, for all the instructions, all the salvation, and all the promises of God are for this one purpose, which is the manifestation, and the doing of righteousness in all things…

When one sees and enters into the practicing of this truth, one’s life itself becomes a joy beyond measure… God Himself becomes one’s portion, His presence is always there, the knowing of Him and His ways becomes the all of everything in life, the manifestation of His love towards all, in all circumstances and situations…

Than one’s own self-will is seen as the joy stopper that it truly is, it becomes the enemy of all good… Death is its only cure, for the faith in one’s death on the cross with Christ becomes one’s very life line into this life of joy, this life of freedom from oneself… This is the newness of life, a life of joy beyond measure, a life in His presence, a life lived under an open Heaven and as one grows, Heaven becomes open the more….

Be blessed all in, the open the more…

A fellow servant of His, Not me

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said. Life is a joy so long as one lives according to his or her highest ideals.

The world is a little confused these days as to what brings happiness... there is much emphasis on happiness that is temporary and vanishes, and little discussion of that true joy that can only come from within.

Everyone's busy trying to change the outer life whereas often what is needed is a change within.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said. Life is a joy so long as one lives according to his or her highest ideals.

The world is a little confused these days as to what brings happiness... there is much emphasis on happiness that is temporary and vanishes, and little discussion of that true joy that can only come from within.

Everyone's busy trying to change the outer life whereas often what is needed is a change within.

Thanks, and as you wrote, so true it is, true joy comes from within, and that, as been tasted, comes through one’s personal relationship with Christ…

May He bless your relationship with Him with a joy unstoppable..

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though this life is physical pain for me, knowing The Lord brings joy. His testing and trials bring the maturity he wants from us. His steadfast love for us is just astounding. Even though this sinful world growing more and more evil we can still have joy. Praise God.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I truly want God's presence all the time, walking in His Ways at all times. And I have faith that I can do this with Jesus' power.

And God sees the hearts desire…

Which as long as the desire is according to righteousness, His heart is pleased to give…

Be so blessed as you pursue Him, Not me

Even though this life is physical pain for me, knowing The Lord brings joy. His testing and trials bring the maturity he wants from us. His steadfast love for us is just astounding. Even though this sinful world growing more and more evil we can still have joy. Praise God.

As your words portray your relationship with Him…. May He bless and increase that relationship to such a degree your face might shine like Moses…

Be blessed in and with Him…

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Mantis and Wynona

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life is a joy, if one would obey this simple rule, that being, if one would be blessed, do righteousness, if not, don’t….

For submitting oneself onto this truth is the teaching of all scripture, for all the instructions, all the salvation, and all the promises of God are for this one purpose, which is the manifestation, and the doing of righteousness in all things…

When one sees and enters into the practicing of this truth, one’s life itself becomes a joy beyond measure… God Himself becomes one’s portion, His presence is always there, the knowing of Him and His ways becomes the all of everything in life, the manifestation of His love towards all, in all circumstances and situations…

Than one’s own self-will is seen as the joy stopper that it truly is, it becomes the enemy of all good… Death is its only cure, for the faith in one’s death on the cross with Christ becomes one’s very life line into this life of joy, this life of freedom from oneself… This is the newness of life, a life of joy beyond measure, a life in His presence, a life lived under an open Heaven and as one grows, Heaven becomes open the more….

Be blessed all in, the open the more…

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Confusing can be this word “Joy” . I’m not assuming confusing for you, or for others. I’m saying sometimes I don’t feel joy at all. Instead I feel worn out, beat down and tired. A few thoughts on “Joy”:

1) Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4

2) And you now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man takes from you. John 16:22

“Your Joy no man takes from you” Reminds me of: Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. John 10:17-18

John 3:29-30 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. [30] He must increase, but I must decrease.

Hebrews 12:2-13 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. [12] Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; [13] And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Reactions: Mantis

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Confusing can be this word “Joy” . I’m not assuming confusing for you, or for others. I’m saying sometimes I don’t feel joy at all. Instead I feel worn out, beat down and tired. A few thoughts on “Joy”:

2) And you now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man takes from you. John 16:22

“Your Joy no man takes from you” Reminds me of: Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. John 10:17-18

John 3:29-30 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. [30] He must increase, but I must decrease.

Hebrews 12:2-13 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. [12] Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; [13] And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
@VictoryinJesus I do love Philippians, and thanks for the reminder of the reference to joy in Hebrews 12... :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi, if you might bless me with the freedom so that I might speak rather boldly for a bit… That being requested…

True joy only comes from one place and that is through one’s personal relationship with Jesus… It does not come through one’s knowledge about Him, but through one knowing Him…

Lack of joy or what might be called chastisement is for a purpose and that purpose is so one’s eyes might be put where they belong, and that is on Christ and not any particular ideas of, with, or about self…. For we all need chastening from time to time, but it is only for a season that we might learn…

Be blessed in the learning, a fellow learner, Not me

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, if you might bless me with the freedom so that I might speak rather boldly for a bit… That being requested…

True joy only comes from one place and that is through one’s personal relationship with Jesus… It does not come through one’s knowledge about Him, but through one knowing Him…

Lack of joy or what might be called chastisement is for a purpose and that purpose is so one’s eyes might be put where they belong, and that is on Christ and not any particular ideas of, with, or about self…. For we all need chastening from time to time, but it is only for a season that we might learn…

Be blessed in the learning, a fellow learner, Not me

Thank you a fellow learner! I think I get confused on what is joy that no man can take from you. This world seems to say joy is thriving and strength and natural abilities to obtain all this world has to offer. I’m sorry for all the quotes but I’m only exploring what He has to say about “your Joy no man can takes from you.”

Philippians 2:15-18 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; [16] Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ (John 8:56-58), that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:17-21) Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. [18] For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

1 Thessalonians 3:7-9 Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our affliction and distress by your faith: [8] For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord. [9] For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God;

Hebrews 10:32-34 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; [33] Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. [34] For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Luke 6:20-28 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. [21] Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. [22] Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. [23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. [24] But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. [25] Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. [26] Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. [27] But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, [28] Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Luke 15:5-7 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. [6] And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

[7] I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you a fellow learner! I think I get confused on what is joy that no man can take from you. This world seems to say joy is thriving and strength and natural abilities to obtain all this world has to offer. I’m sorry for all the quotes but I’m only exploring what He has to say about “your Joy no man can takes from you.”

Philippians 2:15-18 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; [16] Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ (John 8:56-58), that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:17-21) Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. [18] For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

1 Thessalonians 3:7-9 Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our affliction and distress by your faith: [8] For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord. [9] For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God;

Hebrews 10:32-34 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; [33] Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. [34] For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Luke 6:20-28 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. [21] Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. [22] Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. [23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. [24] But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. [25] Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. [26] Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. [27] But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, [28] Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Luke 15:5-7 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. [6] And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

[7] I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Exploring into the truths of joy, I’m not sure if there’s a better exploring that could be done.. So may God bless your exploring and in the experiencing of the truths He reveals..

Be blessed in the Beloved, Not me

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exploring into the truths of joy, I’m not sure if there’s a better exploring that could be done.. So may God bless your exploring and in the experiencing of the truths He reveals..

Be blessed in the Beloved, Not me

Thank you ❤️