List Of Errors In Oneness Pentecostalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Some or many of you know that Oneness Pentecostalism is a cult.At this link below lists the errors of Oneness Pentacostalism. Look at them. Compare your words to the errors. Are you sounding like them? Did you pick up a catch phrase without realizing it as it influences you in the way they are going? Are you opening yourselves up by broadening the Way in approaching God the Father by climbing up another way instead of through the Son; Jesus Christ and thus suffering a thief to break through as many in the latter days shall fall away from the faith and give heed to seducing spirits and doctrins of devils?Exposing Error: Oneness PentecostalismThere are no invitation to go after the Holy Spirit. The promise is for all those that come to and believe in Jesus, we shall receive the promise.Ephesians 1: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,That is why all invitations points to the Son.John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.There is not another baptism of the Holy Spirit that comes with evidence of tongues. That is preaching another spirit to receive which is not the Holy Spirit, even if they call this other spirit the Holy Spirit.1 Corinthians 1:13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Ephesians 4: 4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.There is no more continual filling of the Spirit for we are filled, sealed, and thus saved so we can be witnesses of what Christ has done as Saviour.Matthew 9:17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.Thus you are not a leaky vessel. Those that seek after another spirit to receive, hunger and thirst for more of that, forgetting the promise of Jesus for coming to and believing in Him.John 6:35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.This is why we can rest in Jesus when we came to Him. There is no.. "oh.. one more thing..." as in moving you away from your rest in Jesus.Hebrews 4: 1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world........ 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.Colossians 2:5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:So what is happening today with all those "move" of the "Spirit of God" in their signs and wonders?1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;How can a believer call for the Holy Spirit to come when He is already in them? This is hypocrisey and allowing another spirit to break through for that is departing from the faith. This thief will break through, cause chaos and confusion in the worship service, stop the edification of the assembly by the Word of God, and broaden the way in approaching God the Father in the worship service by putting the "Spirit" in the spotlight instead of Jesus Christ. Thus to get around this deviation, they would lable the Holy Spirit as the same Person as Jesus Christ, giving the glory to that "spirit" when scriptures says that the inner dwelling Holy Spirit is to testify of the Son and thereby leading us to testify of the Son as we are led by the Spirit of God to glorify the Son and thereby the Father in Heaven, thus worshipping God the Father when we come to worship Him through the Son IN spirit and IN truth and not OUT of the Spirit and APART from the Truth.There is no other way to honour God the Father nor glorify God the Father other than through the Son Whom is the One that the Holy Spirit is leading us to honour and glorify for His name is above every other name.John 5:22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.John 17:1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.John 15:26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.John 16:13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.All the gifts of the Spirit and all the fruits of the Spirit and the words of the Spirit are not His own, but of Jesus Christ's and thus of the Father's.John 14:24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. 25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.As we are His workmanship, Jesus shall finish it.Philippians 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: ....11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.Hebrews 12: 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Philippians 2:9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.So there is no need for the Holy Spirit to be called upon nor felt in the worship place but other spirits would come and steal the spotlight from being on Jesus Christ. To do so is departing from the faith & suffering a thief to break through, and great will be the fall of that house.2 Corinthians 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?Matthew 24:43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.That is why this warning was given as to how bad it will get in the latter days just before His appearing.. that only a few will find the faith as it was done by broadening the Way in approaching God the Father other than through the Son.Matthew 7: 13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?That is why the solution to avoid false prophets and false spirits is to narrow the Way back to the straight gate: Jesus Christ so one can avoid that thief from breaking through.Luke 13: 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. This is what wayward believers will get for not heeding His instructions:Matthew 7:23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.All the signs and wonders and the supposed miracles of deliverance will noy mount up to a hill of beans to Jersus for preaching another spirit to receive, even if you call that other spirit, the Holy Spirit.Matthew 7: 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.Luke 13: 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.Trust Jesus to be Your Guide. After all, He is the Good Shepherd as well as the Saviour.John 10:7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Polar

Apr 10, 2009
I am so pleased you chose to use such a large font.I really don't mind having to scroll...and scroll...and scroll...and scroll just to get through something that would have been so much easier and faster with a smaller font. Volume does not = value.Being preached AT is not as helpful as being talked to.I see you have posted a lot today. You should find time to go outside. There is a whole big beautiful world out there.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
I am so pleased you chose to use such a large font.
Swamp Fox has informed me in Chrisat's love to not use such a large size font.
I really don't mind having to scroll...and scroll...and scroll...and scroll just to get through something that would have been so much easier and faster with a smaller font.
Kind of hints at sarcasm, brother.
Volume does not = value.
Then I shall not be concern about elderly people or anyone else having bad eyesight in reading then, even though this site has offered that size 6.
Being preached AT is not as helpful as being talked to.
Any warning you give by His grace is going to be seen as being preached at. It is written to even rebuke out of season AND only God can cause the increase so eloquency are not points in getting the conviction across. The Holy Spirit in believers does that.
I see you have posted a lot today. You should find time to go outside. There is a whole big beautiful world out there.
Actually, the Lord led me back here in a dream to post. He told me to trust Him and so I did. Still do.

josiahdefender

May 19, 2009
Pariah: Oneness pentacostalism..or Patripatassianism or Sebblianism, or Modalism. These are all variants of this heresy. It might be better to simply bring definition to each, locate their propositions about the godhead and compare themagainst scripture text. All of these errant forms of the godhead eventually destroy the Sonship of Christ, the person of Christ or the Holy Spirit or confuse the persons of the godhead making biblical understanding very difficult. But of course that is the point. You must then go to the "in-the-know" preacher and have him tell you what the bible is saying. The Holy Spirit is then brushed aside and dependance upon man is established. Some other forms of this error are modal monarchianism, or dynamic monarchianism. Usually your run of the mill modalist=oneness pentacostal has only one thing on his mind and that is to attack the trinity with every scripture concoction under the sun. Logic or coherent thought is pretty rare when speaking with Modalists, but in some cases they have repented. The huge copy paste of texts simply will do nothing to answer the specifics of Modalism. To correct the error, the proposition, the "interpretation" of a biblical text that so-called establishes Modalism needs to be noted and then exegeted within its context and within the orthodoxy of the Church. If you are going to deal with oneness pentacostals you need to get away from endless copy paste. Remember they can do that as well, so you can throw scripture after scripture at each other and accomplish nothing. The difficulty is not in scripture but in "what are you saying by that scripture"...you must get them to interpret the text not simply quote it. The devil can quote the bible, but he proves nothing about himself by quoting texts. (So many of you do also on this website). So,,,,, get the modalist to give the text, interpret the text, note exactly what he means by the text and compare what he is saying with what the text is saying...then compare with other texts. Remember the scripture is one message given by one author, the means of 40 men do not change the primary authorship away from the Holy Spirit. This is where sound hermeneutics will help immensely. Or if you just string phrases together and interpret by means of type and shadow you might get deceived into believing the errors of Modalistic heresy. Josiahdefender

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Pariah: Oneness pentacostalism..or Patripatassianism or Sebblianism, or Modalism. These are all variants of this heresy. It might be better to simply bring definition to each, locate their propositions about the godhead and compare themagainst scripture text. All of these errant forms of the godhead eventually destroy the Sonship of Christ, the person of Christ or the Holy Spirit or confuse the persons of the godhead making biblical understanding very difficult. But of course that is the point. You must then go to the "in-the-know" preacher and have him tell you what the bible is saying. The Holy Spirit is then brushed aside and dependance upon man is established. Some other forms of this error are modal monarchianism, or dynamic monarchianism. Usually your run of the mill modalist=oneness pentacostal has only one thing on his mind and that is to attack the trinity with every scripture concoction under the sun. Logic or coherent thought is pretty rare when speaking with Modalists, but in some cases they have repented. The huge copy paste of texts simply will do nothing to answer the specifics of Modalism. To correct the error, the proposition, the "interpretation" of a biblical text that so-called establishes Modalism needs to be noted and then exegeted within its context and within the orthodoxy of the Church. If you are going to deal with oneness pentacostals you need to get away from endless copy paste. Remember they can do that as well, so you can throw scripture after scripture at each other and accomplish nothing. The difficulty is not in scripture but in "what are you saying by that scripture"...you must get them to interpret the text not simply quote it. The devil can quote the bible, but he proves nothing about himself by quoting texts. (So many of you do also on this website). So,,,,, get the modalist to give the text, interpret the text, note exactly what he means by the text and compare what he is saying with what the text is saying...then compare with other texts. Remember the scripture is one message given by one author, the means of 40 men do not change the primary authorship away from the Holy Spirit. This is where sound hermeneutics will help immensely. Or if you just string phrases together and interpret by means of type and shadow you might get deceived into believing the errors of Modalistic heresy. Josiahdefender
I thank you for your advise, but do keep in mind that it is God that causes the increase as it is God that peradventures shall give them knowledge unto repentance that He may recover some from the snare of the devil.Feel free to use that approach in this thread, but do so by faith as well that He will do His work. We just serve Him as He enables us.Again, thanks for sharing that advise and some sound reason that hopefully God may enable the wayward to examine the fruits of their words and labours by determining the Spirit of Truth from the spirit of error.

Polar

Apr 10, 2009
"If you are going to deal with oneness pentacostals you need to get away from endless copy paste."-- Amen.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If we are going to list false teachings, religious doctrines, surely we can not stop at one there's Preterits,Pantheism,Calvinism,SDA,ect ect. we could go on and on .... The fact is there is no shortage of heresy today ....Im not sure singling out certain religions is the best way to go about proving the fact wouldn't it be better to discuss their false doctrines.All I see this doing is causing those for and against a religion arguing about the religion rather than their false teachings ... We see this most often with Catholic vs Protestant never saw it solve anything or convince anyone ... The fact is all denominations are of men God has no denominations in his Word ..He doesnt love or hate anyone more or less because of the Name on his/her church. God judges us all by our hearts and whether we follow his laws his teachings.We do not get points for following any false traditions/teachings of men reguarless of which denomination they arise in. So would it serve him better to stick to the false teachings men follow then single out entire religions?? When the truth is most have right and wrong teachings.

josiahdefender

May 19, 2009
Christina: It really shows your ignorance of Calvinism = reformed faith to put it in the same sentence as pantheism or other false religions. When you make statements like that, it shows you are seriously deficient in knowledge of biblical truth. You cannot tell truth from error.If you want to start a thread on Calvinism, go ahead, it might be good for the rest of the readers to allow you to prove your errors and doctrinal weakness so that the rest of the readers can form the same opinion I have of your knowledge. Josiahdefender

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Christina: It really shows your ignorance of Calvinism = reformed faith to put it in the same sentence as pantheism or other false religions. When you make statements like that, it shows you are seriously deficient in knowledge of biblical truth. You cannot tell truth from error.If you want to start a thread on Calvinism, go ahead, it might be good for the rest of the readers to allow you to prove your errors and doctrinal weakness so that the rest of the readers can form the same opinion I have of your knowledge. Josiahdefender
I figured someone would clearly get angry because someone mentioned their MAN-MADE religion. To be honest, in my honest opinion, you would get even madder since God's Words disprove all kinds of false doctrine. Who created Calvinism? God or men? If say God, show me in the bible where God creates it.With all due respect, I know errors when I see them. And it's not on Christina's posts, but yours. Calvinism are not at all elects... Those who overcome are the elects.Christina is 100% right. God judges on on their heart, and can't get points for following men... we only get rewarded if we follow God and God only.

josiahdefender

May 19, 2009
Jordan: So, the poster decided to deal with oneness pentacostalism, I posted on it and then Christina, knowing I am Calvinist throws a little calvin-bashing comment by including Calvinism with Pantheism. I challenged her to actually create a thread on it since it is such a supposed errant theology. Now, you post, and set up a false dilema..namely that Calvinism is opposed to overcoming, or is opposed to following Christ supremely or that Calvinism is man-made tradition. Well, you have your opinion, but then again allow me to enlighten you about isms..If Christina were to gain a number of followers who appreciated her teaching and were to believe that what she said was perfectly biblical and were to be beleived and adhered to, not because she is of any importance but because she represented the truth of Christ in doctrine and practice, you would claim that those who believed her writings to be Christinites...and what do those Christinites beleive? Why Christianism of course? So tell me Jordan, just what does Christina expect? Does she expect to be rejected by everyone? Does she expect to be unbiblical, unworthy of Jesus Christ, or maybe expects to be totally resisted and rejected by bible believing Christians? Of course not, she expects that those who follow Christ, will follow her teachings because she presumes her teachings reflect something biblical and God honoring. (Im of course putting the best spin on her teachings). Why come here and post 10,000 posts if she expects for no one to be affected and influenced by her postings? She doesnt, she expects to be regarded and trusted as a worthy and credible teacher of doctrine. Well, he doctrine will be weighed and she will be rewarded accordingly. But as I see it, empty statements about Calvinism being man-made religion is utterly a misrepresentation..in fact a gross and negligent statement of ignorance. In what way is she acting differently than Calvin? In reality, she is doing exactly the same. But...the Doctrines Christina teachs and Calvins, might be very different...well, those doctrines can be explored and they can be weighed against scripture and people can make their decisions then. But as for the charge of Calvinism being a man made religion, she has no weight or position in the body of Christ whereby she can dismiss the multitudes who have adhered to the reformed faith and died in love and faith to Jesus Christ. She can only bad-mouth them online where she is not held accountable for her judgments, while her own doctrines are left unchallenged. Josiahdefender

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Dear josiahdefender,Listen, we don't bash a religion... there was WAY too much religion bashing since I joined CB as Christina shows it according to her post. With all due respect, if pointing out false doctrines in hope to correct our Brothers and Sisters in Christ is religion bashing, so be it. I can tell you are somewhat anger when she just said that bashing religion is not the answer. CB's desire is to teach Truth with love and follow no religion. The same goes with Christina and me. Christina doesn't care about her opinions at all, she only cares about the souls of ALL and to teach them God's Words and not of her opinion.With all due respect, one shouldn't get angry because someone listed a religion by example.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
This is why we do not single out religions it goes no whereAnd by the way josiahdefender,there is more than one thread on here about Calvinism being a false doctrine of Hersey as many agree.I wasnt singling you out, but the TULIP doctrine of Calvanism, whom most around here think it is a false doctrine/Heresy. Why is it your fine with finding the falsity in others religions.But when yours is mentioned its somehow personal against you. Calvanism is as false as any others mentioned. Calvin was a just man not God. With his T.U.L.I.P doctrine( http://www.geocities.com/landmarkbiblebaptist/Heresies/calvinism.html )However we can see how the ones who follow these religions feel everyone is attacking them personallyas Josiafender just proved. So let us try not single out relgions but the false teachings within the religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.