Living In Constant Fellowship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Living In Constant Fellowship”
By Zach Wood
1 John 3:23-24 NLT
And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us. Those who obey God’s commandments remain in fellowship with him, and he with them. And we know he lives in us because the Spirit he gave us lives in us.

There are many things we enjoy to be constant in our lives. Most of us want things to be constant with updates on our computers, phones, tablets and other techie gadgets we own. Most of us would like our paychecks to be constant! Who wouldn’t? We want constant days of sunshine and decent temps to get out and enjoy it.

We could go on and on about things we would like to be constant each day. We really want consistency. Why wouldn’t we? Who would want anything that is not consistent, right?

As much as we strive for constant things in our life, how often do we fail to put in the effort to keep a constant fellowship with God? We want to have constant fellowship with family and friends, but so often we don’t put as much effort into having constant fellowship with our Creator Who has given us so much in life.

God asks us to obey His commands and to be in fellowship with Him. He wants us to believe in Him fully and completely dedicate our lives to being in fellowship with Him each day, all day. I hope it would be our desire to fully be in fellowship with Him all day, everyday. We can be, but so often we just aren’t living that way. I know I’m not everyday. I want to be and intentions are such, but so often my efforts reveal otherwise.

As the Apostle John shares, we must love one another. In this way, people will know that we truly do love God and care about reaching out to others. If we are in constant fellowship with Him, He will teach us better and better how to show love to others, even when it’s difficult to do so.

We all have things in our lives that we are constant about and things we are not so constant about. If we strive to keep our fellowship with God constant, our other relationships with people will become even more blessed as we learn to love them more with God’s love.

When we live in constant fellowship with Him, His Spirit guides and directs us each day to help us learn to love better.