Living Knowledge Of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, - Philippians 3:8.

Paul's now declaration of who he was by a Birthing should be the mantra if you will of Christianity. Everything that happened to Paul the moment he believed was now what makes every believer who they are, they can understand the same thing as Paul did . They do not become who they are in time, no they became who they are "the moment" they believed. Just because I don't know something doesn't mean it didn't happen or is happening or it is going to happen. No sir it happened at a very specific time, place, whatever you want to call it it happened the moment you believed. That is what the Lord knows and what he sees. He does not see me trying to become a good Christian boy now I have believed. That is religion, religion takes you and "now because you have joined us we can teach you about what we believe." And it starts, you are on the Merry go round of life that never stops. You cannot see anything on a merry go round, everything passes by you. Your understanding is just locked up until an appointed time. Stuck and the only deliverance is by the Godhead bodily, most do not escape religion they have to be brought out. Be it by a falling out or being thrown out or something has to happen to escape it's clutches.

Different cultures can bring that on, I have lived in other parts of my country. What you notice is that people want to believe or they don't know what to believe. They can make a montage of things to choose from, but funny thing is they have so many choices they never pick one. So in a way that is good I suppose, but in my opinion they never become a believer of any sorts and Christianity to them is another add-on to their reputaux of choices. But what I saw was they never could make a choice. But they have a variety of things to choose from and waiting for one choice to stand out to them. What is the scripture "ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of truth."

So what happens is they like any other stay in the schoolhouse of God (the world). The schoolhouse in certain instances can be extreme but the process is the same. In other words the schoolhouse works the same for everyone on the planet. All we ever see is the process most of the time, all we see in our own lives is the process most of the time. Have you ever woke up one day and said "wow I'm really growing in truth and understanding and knowledge and love for my father and others and I'm in the schoolhouse and it's working." Nah not really we will work the more of a pity party of what is going on in life.

Why is that? Because that is what the schoolhouse does, it will get your undivided attention, throw you for a loop if you will, and you will not care what is happening all you know is something bad is happening and it is not a pleasure. It may be a tax situation, to a flat tire on your car, to a bad hair day or you may feel you are in a deep well with no escape. We know what goes on in the world and it gets tough at times but the schoolhouse keeps working its understanding for believers.

In certain arenas there is that thing culture does which we call "catch on" where if one gets it some others will definitely follow suit. Hollywood is a good example; the Scientology movement around them. I think it is dieing out some now but for a time it was the go to for Hollywood, remarkable. There is something about thinking you own the world and you can make up your own type of god or god's. But just like anyone else they have their problems in the world. Trouble is good, no one wants to stay in ignorance and problems in the world is a cure for ignorance.

Remember the scripture that says "let the ignorant stay ignorant still,'' that is serious business because we have plenty of trouble in this world and you should know something by now. Ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge, it means there is something you don't know. As long as you live you will have ignorance because there is a lot of things we don't know, but on the other hand there is things we can know and it has been written. What is written you can know, when you don't know what is written that is when ignorance takes a different look.

My answer for those that feel they need to do more is; do more. Keep on doing it until you can't do it anymore. If you need to do more (on a personal level to be anything) then you should do it and leave everybody else alone. You feel you need to do a certain thing a certain amount of times then you should be doing more. I always put more on them, just my way of handling doers. They are not ready and are going to do it anyway so don't waste the time. If a person is not ready to rest and accept a witness of Jesus Christ as savior then they need more time to learn that is exactly what they need.

It is kind of the same way in Christianity if a believer feels they need the law in their life then you put more law on them. Such as say the Sabbath or something like that. If you feel you need to keep the Sabbath and not work to be obedient. Then you shouldn't cook or clean or anything on the Sabbath. My grandparents when they were young their parents would cook all day Saturday because no work on Sunday. So when they went to church (long days) they could come home and the meal was prepared. I would ask them "who did the dishes." Now some of that was convenience but I was told they did it because they could not work on Sunday. I have a simple thought on that "head trip" mind games is what it is. It may be real to you but is it written.

So Paul gives the answer in our text! The new life is who we are, we don't pretend to be new, we are new creations and need a different knowledge than I was born with, of the new creation. He calls it a revelation! The old mind is what keeps every person in the schoolhouse, saint and sinner alike, it is no respector of persons.

Galatians 1:11-12, 15-16.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another Good topic, sm.

1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

we have a choice, and we have hope, as you know, my motto is, "where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant". so where is the Knowledge?
James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

James 1:7 "For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."

James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

James 1:9 "Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:"

James 1:10 "But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away."

James 1:11 "For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways."

James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

other words, imo, our brother James is saying..... "surrender", give up, for, Proverbs 9:10 states, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

many christians really don't "FEAR" God, I'll say it again, "many christian really don't fear God". they are so concern about getting save, and missing hell, when hell is still in there path. they don't relized that GETTING save is not just getting one's name on the church roll, and declearing the Lord Jesus. but salvation is a PATH, and it's NARROW. and only God can put you on that Narrow path, (and NOT YOU), and many falsely believe that they are on the Narrow path, but are still on the BROAD ROAD, that has hell as the next STOP. how do I know this? we can witness it right here on this board. just look at the different beliefs, and many walking after men, and their creeds, instead of God, and his Holy Word. having their OWN BRAND on religion. 1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;"
1 Timothy 4:2 "Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

and believe everything what man say instead of what God say.

SM, sorry for the long post, it was not intention, I had one scripture, but that one scripture turned into a full post, so again I apologize.

so to make it short, that one scripture is as said,
1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another Good topic, sm.

we have a choice, and we have hope, as you know, my motto is, "where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant". so where is the Knowledge?
James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

James 1:7 "For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord."

James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

James 1:9 "Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:"

James 1:10 "But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away."

James 1:11 "For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways."

James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

other words, imo, our brother James is saying..... "surrender", give up, for, Proverbs 9:10 states, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."

many christians really don't "FEAR" God, I'll say it again, "many christian really don't fear God". they are so concern about getting save, and missing hell, when hell is still in there path. they don't relized that GETTING save is not just getting one's name on the church roll, and declearing the Lord Jesus. but salvation is a PATH, and it's NARROW. and only God can put you on that Narrow path, (and NOT YOU), and many falsely believe that they are on the Narrow path, but are still on the BROAD ROAD, that has hell as the next STOP. how do I know this? we can witness it right here on this board. just look at the different beliefs, and many walking after men, and their creeds, instead of God, and his Holy Word. having their OWN BRAND on religion. 1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;"
1 Timothy 4:2 "Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

and believe everything what man say instead of what God say.

SM, sorry for the long post, it was not intention, I had one scripture, but that one scripture turned into a full post, so again I apologize.

so to make it short, that one scripture is as said,

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Nice post thanks. I'm thinking about the scripture that says "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." We have to have a reverence for the things of God to put it in simple terms. They that can operate in life another way can live based on Knowledge without the wisdom of God. Jsing. Being a big dummy is part of what brought me to the Lord, my dumb mistakes that I would make over and over like I didn't have a brain. To settle down and trust the Lord now still has it's time with wisdom or knowledge or whatever to try (I want to use a word for lack of a better word) to have a feeling for what the Lord may be doing and my brain needs all the help it can get because I know my brain. itms. If that makes sense.

Love James such great scriptures, and his brother was Jesus haha how can you not love James.

You used that scripture by the way :)

Reactions: 101G and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Nice post thanks. I'm thinking about the scripture that says "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." We have to have a reverence for the things of God to put it in simple terms. They that can operate in life another way can live based on Knowledge without the wisdom of God. Jsing. Being a big dummy is part of what brought me to the Lord, my dumb mistakes that I would make over and over like I didn't have a brain. To settle down and trust the Lord now still has it's time with wisdom or knowledge or whatever to try (I want to use a word for lack of a better word) to have a feeling for what the Lord may be doing and my brain needs all the help it can get because I know my brain. itms. If that makes sense.

Love James such great scriptures, and his brother was Jesus haha how can you not love James.

You used that scripture by the way :)
@soul man I love that Psalm! :)

111 Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

2 The works of the Lord are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.

3 His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

4 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the Lord is gracious and full of compassion.

5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.

6 He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Reactions: soul man