Living To Please God Is Getting Harder

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Living To Please God Is Getting Harder”
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV
So whether you eat for drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

I almost titled this devo “Living To Please God”, but after thinking more about it, I decided to add “Is Getting Harder” because that’s really how it feels these days in the world we live in. We all want to live to please God, but it seems, day after day, that’s becoming more and more difficult to carry out with all the temptations and pressure we face in our culture.

I really, really do desire more than anything to please God….most of the time. I know that sounds odd I added “most of the time”. But to be completely honest, I often find myself fighting the desires of my flesh as Paul described that he often did. I know I need to please God and I want to with all my heart, but when I am faced with daily temptations of worldly things, my desires go astray and I tend to desire what I’m tempted by. I fight temptations every single day and I ask God for strength to get me through so that I can continue to faithfully follow Him.

I want to live a Godly life for my marriage, my relationship with my kids, and my relationship with others in my extended family, work and church. This verse is powerful stating that whatever I am doing, I need to do it to the glory of God and strive to please Him no matter what I am doing. I need to be sure I’m in places that won’t lead me astray and not looking at or listening to things that will pull me away from where He wants me.

It is becoming harder and harder each day to fight temptations with all the corrupt things happening in our world each day. It absolutely sickens me when I hear of the corrupt way of life of some people. I’m not saying I’m perfect in any way at all, but just stating that it makes my stomach churn at all the ways people are living to please themselves. I want to stray away from that. I don’t want to fall into temptation that will lead me away from a solid relationship with my wife and with my kids.

Friends, living to please God is getting much harder as we continue to follow Him. He is calling us to be faithful and we must stay strong so we don’t stray. I hope and pray that we all can stay strong in His Word and through prayer to build our faith. His Word will continue to be a lamp for us to shine the way we need to go and help us stay off the path that leads to corrupt living.

Living to please God is getting harder, but God gives us strength each day to carry on.

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So whether you eat for drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

I almost titled this devo “Living To Please God”, but after thinking more about it, I decided to add “Is Getting Harder” because that’s really how it feels these days in the world we live in. We all want to live to please God, but it seems, day after day, that’s becoming more and more difficult to carry out with all the temptations and pressure we face in our culture.

I really, really do desire more than anything to please God….most of the time. I know that sounds odd I added “most of the time”. But to be completely honest, I often find myself fighting the desires of my flesh as Paul described that he often did. I know I need to please God and I want to with all my heart, but when I am faced with daily temptations of worldly things, my desires go astray and I tend to desire what I’m tempted by. I fight temptations every single day and I ask God for strength to get me through so that I can continue to faithfully follow Him.

I want to live a Godly life for my marriage, my relationship with my kids, and my relationship with others in my extended family, work and church. This verse is powerful stating that whatever I am doing, I need to do it to the glory of God and strive to please Him no matter what I am doing. I need to be sure I’m in places that won’t lead me astray and not looking at or listening to things that will pull me away from where He wants me.

It is becoming harder and harder each day to fight temptations with all the corrupt things happening in our world each day. It absolutely sickens me when I hear of the corrupt way of life of some people. I’m not saying I’m perfect in any way at all, but just stating that it makes my stomach churn at all the ways people are living to please themselves. I want to stray away from that. I don’t want to fall into temptation that will lead me away from a solid relationship with my wife and with my kids.

Friends, living to please God is getting much harder as we continue to follow Him. He is calling us to be faithful and we must stay strong so we don’t stray. I hope and pray that we all can stay strong in His Word and through prayer to build our faith. His Word will continue to be a lamp for us to shine the way we need to go and help us stay off the path that leads to corrupt living.

Living to please God is getting harder, but God gives us strength each day to carry on.
Would you kindly find 10 scriptures about pleasing God and post it here?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have a reason for asking you to do this.

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me encourage you....why did God consider David a man after His own heart? It is because David was always seeking Him even after he had sinned and married Bethsheba.
Psalm 51 is a prayer from David repenting and seeking God's forgiveness.
There are many hidden truths in this chapter and the thing David sought for God to do in him was to create in him a clean heart and renew a right spirit within him.
God looks at the inward man, his heart, people judge the outer man.
The heart that is pure is what pleases Him the most. Read David's prayer and learn the truth behind what pleases God.

Psalms 51 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.) Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
² Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
³ For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
⁴ Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
⁵ Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
⁶ Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
⁷ Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
⁸ Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
⁹ Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
¹⁰ Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
¹¹ Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
¹² Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
¹³ Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
¹⁴ Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
¹⁵ O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
¹⁶ For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
¹⁷ The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
¹⁸ Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
¹⁹ Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me encourage you....why did God consider David a man after His own heart? It is because David was always seeking Him even after he had sinned and married Bethsheba.
Psalm 51 is a prayer from David repenting and seeking God's forgiveness.
There are many hidden truths in this chapter and the thing David sought for God to do in him was to create in him a clean heart and renew a right spirit within him.
God looks at the inward man, his heart, people judge the outer man.
The heart that is pure is what pleases Him the most. Read David's prayer and learn the truth behind what pleases God.

Psalms 51 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.) Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
² Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
³ For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
⁴ Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
⁵ Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
⁶ Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
⁷ Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
⁸ Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
⁹ Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
¹⁰ Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
¹¹ Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
¹² Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
¹³ Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
¹⁴ Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
¹⁵ O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
¹⁶ For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
¹⁷ The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
¹⁸ Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
¹⁹ Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.
That is one of my most read/prayed Psalm, isn't it so fully packed with humility and pureness of heart! And of course, remorseful!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is one of my most read/prayed Psalm, isn't it so fully packed with humility and pureness of heart! And of course, remorseful!
Yes indeed....but that is what God looks for in us...humility and pureness of heart. A person cannot know God and then sin and have no remorse after. That is called conviction....because the Holy Spirit in us is pure and convicts our heart when we allow the lists of our flesh to yield to temptations.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold"

"But he who endures to the end, shall be saved"

I think you are close to the point @hldude33 when you say "I please God most of the time" - partially right, most of the time is moral. Therefore being moral for the expectation in Heaven, is greatly righteous. You seem, not to realise that your righteousness is great? Imagine being received into Heaven and you are asked "where is your faith?" and you say "I pleased God, again and again and again" would you not be worthy of great reward?

Reactions: Nancy