Living with a ‘ new son ‘……

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well my youngest came to faith two weeks ago….and it is just so amazing watching the Holy Spirit work in his life, but it’s kind of weird as well.
As i have mentioned here he was an atheist and we would often debate, sometimes agree, but definitely not on the same page with many things. We just agreed to differ most of the time. I have often tried to explain what it feels like to ‘ just believe ‘ , how it is just something you know to be true but cannot really define it in words sometimes. The other day he was endeavouring to explain that to his older sister. I just looked at him and smiled and said ‘ you get it now ‘ it’s not easy to explain is it!
Every night I get home from work and he talks about what scripture he is reading, this is just such a new experience for me. I have never lived with another Christian. I cannot believe the way the Lord has turned my sons beliefs around.
He has begun to tell his close friends online ,one of them is a Christian and his dad is a pastor of a church in Dyer, In the US , so we tune in and watch his service on a Sunday afternoon.
It’s a real joy to see God at work in my family after so many years of waiting ………..
Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my youngest came to faith two weeks ago….and it is just so amazing watching the Holy Spirit work in his life, but it’s kind of weird as well.
As i have mentioned here he was an atheist and we would often debate, sometimes agree, but definitely not on the same page with many things. We just agreed to differ most of the time. I have often tried to explain what it feels like to ‘ just believe ‘ , how it is just something you know to be true but cannot really define it in words sometimes. The other day he was endeavouring to explain that to his older sister. I just looked at him and smiled and said ‘ you get it now ‘ it’s not easy to explain is it!
Every night I get home from work and he talks about what scripture he is reading, this is just such a new experience for me. I have never lived with another Christian. I cannot believe the way the Lord has turned my sons beliefs around.
He has begun to tell his close friends online ,one of them is a Christian and his dad is a pastor of a church in Dyer, In the US , so we tune in and watch his service on a Sunday afternoon.
It’s a real joy to see God at work in my family after so many years of waiting ………..
Rita

Still pinching myself over Dan!!!!!! How wonderful is our God?!!
xx

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

Give God the glory again and again and again!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
It took me 27 years to come to God and desire him and his ways. Glad to hear your son is holding onto Christ.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P
Rita
How many years did you pray for him? I have been praying for years and years for my family to be saved. I have found that God takes his time answering my prayer lol. But he does!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
P

How many years did you pray for him? I have been praying for years and years for my family to be saved. I have found that God takes his time answering my prayer lol. But he does!
I have been praying for my children for 36 years, I came to faith when my oldest was three years old. Daniel is my youngest at the age of 27 xx
Rita x

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

Rita...wonderful news!!!
Thanks for sharing the marvelous works of God in a willing man.

God Bless,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
How wonderful, Rita!

I'm sure you can keep praying that he will "grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3.18).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been praying for my children for 36 years, I came to faith when my oldest was three years old. Daniel is my youngest at the age of 27 xx
Rita x
Same here Rita, I pray for my children but still hold on to the dream I had in which I heard God say that he has made separate arrangements for my family.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Same here Rita, I pray for my children but still hold on to the dream I had in which I heard God say that he has made separate arrangements for my family.
The Lord laid things on my heart many years ago about Daniel, his words to encourage me ‘ focus on the victory ‘ ..he knew I was in for a bumpy ride as a mum xx