looking for good links related to study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @The Learner,

This program is useful. There are many free commentaries and some free bibles, including a KJV with strongs concordance, and other dictionaries that are free to download too.

Also

And

There is also of course study bibles a person can buy.

A useful study bible I would recommend is…

Any version; the Large print is superior though; and you may find cheaper on eBay possibly, the Kirk Bride original editions are good as far as the print but I have the one from the link as they don’t sell Kirk bride anymore.

Peace be to you.

Reactions: The Learner

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey learner I also had a thought again about something useful as a study tool,

It’s called Vines Complete Expository Of Old and New Testament Words

You can probably find a cheap copy on eBay that is where I got mine from; there are a few other dictionary options on the E-sword as well. And probably other physical dictionary’s on the web.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey learner I also had a thought again about something useful as a study tool,

It’s called Vines Complete Expository Of Old and New Testament Words

You can probably find a cheap copy on eBay that is where I got mine from; there are a few other dictionary options on the E-sword as well. And probably other physical dictionary’s on the web.
From a perfectly legal download site

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way pdfdrive works, they get permission from publishers. If you see something too new. email the publisher giving them the link asking for permission. You can download it before contacting the publisher. Vine's has been on the site for a long time. And, in the past I contacted the publishers for many books.

• Wow

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Learner
I owe you an apology for my harsh judgement on your moniker when first you came in. Please forgive me.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go to the BibleSoft website and download their FREE software 'One Touch' which has many Bible versions, lexicons, commentaries, and many other Bible study tools.

But I recommend a KJV Bible with a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance as a minimum. The Companion Bible, a KJV study Bible put together by the 19th century British scholar E.W. Bullinger, is one of the best KJV study Bibles on the market. It is at a scholar's level. And The Old Testament has Hebrew Massorah notes in the margin that no other study Bible has. Just by following one of the Bible Chapters it could take a week or more because of all the margin references to other Bible witnesses on the topic, including archaeological and historical info, and the definitions given in the margin notes. Most of the Christian bookstores that are more interested in selling Christian novels won't have a copy of The Companion Bible on display. You will have to order one dealing with those kind of stores.