lost a friend

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi, I lost a friend yesterday, my heart has been hurting yesterday and today and I don't know how to heal. I asked God but I still have heart pain and ache, please pray for me. I always meet people who don't care about me as much as I care about them or something is wrong. Thank you so extraordinarily. I do have one really good friend though. The thing that bothers me about the friend I lost is that I think I feel he's soft-hearted but doesn't like me and that hurts me. I really want to move forward.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
hi, I lost a friend yesterday, my heart has been hurting yesterday and today and I don't know how to heal. I asked God but I still have heart pain and ache, please pray for me. I always meet people who don't care about me as much as I care about them or something is wrong. Thank you so extraordinarily. I do have one really good friend though. The thing that bothers me about the friend I lost is that I think I feel he's soft-hearted but doesn't like me and that hurts me. I really want to move forward.
"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms:" (Deuteronomy 33.27)

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are many reasons friendships break down tl_p. I also have experienced this stuff and I ask my self, what was my role in the breakdown? If after much soul searching I can honestly say to myself, the issue is not mine, there is not a great deal I can do and the responsibility rests with the other person. Reconciliation requires two. You can have the best intentions yet if the other doesn't want it's not going to happen, but if I realise my contribution was a key contributing factor to the breakdown I can go and apologise if that is needed or attempt to clear the matter up.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Having health problems can interfere with friendships. You need a girlfriend to talk to and there doesn't seem to be as many around here as there once was. I guess you'll do what I do...cry out to God.
Lord, I ask that You meet The Lord's Pearl in her need. I ask that you help her to forgive from her heart because that's what you ask us to do. Please help her to focus on You and to know that You are pleased with her and love her and accept her. I pray that You'd heal her hurt of being looked down on.
I ask that You'd help her to pray for her ex-friend. And that You'd give her Your love for him. I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Praying that God help you to lean even more heavily on Him. The pain of our loss when people die does not simply go away, but God can ease them making life tolerable. We may think it would better if no one died or if God would immediately remove all of the pain for us, but God always knows what is best for us. Jesus, as a man of flesh, did not want to suffer and die. He did not want pain, but he also knew that God's Way was the best way. Ask Him to help you to understand what you need to understand and make the pain tolerable until He removes it all...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am praying for you, I have lost 2 in the past 2 weeks so I know what you are going through.
God Bless

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Understanding our pain and how we are responding to that pain can sometimes make it very difficult for us to move on when someone close to us dies.

Yes we can be fearful of where that person was when they died, however, it is God's prerogative to judge that person's position with respect to their relationship with Him, when they died, as it is not ours to judge others and where they are at.

May the Lord give you the confidence and faith that you have put all of your "ducks" into the right order of importance with respect to your own life and that your confidence is firmly placed in the Lord. God will take personal care of you while ever your relationship with Him is in right order as He draws you further into His Loving embrace.

Give thanks for the life of your friend and hand them over to God for His righteous judgement.

Give thanks that God is the only God in your life and that He is able to meet all of your needs.

Shalom

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021
Blaine
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh my. * hugs * I am praying for you.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So sorry. Praying for your comfort.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for the prayers; however the topic is not about friendship loss as in death of a friend but as in breakdown of a friendship though that part was nice info, amadeus, it's a bit weird this friendship breakdown, confusing. I meet people who are confusing in ways I never thought I'd be hurt in. :(
There are many reasons friendships break down tl_p. I also have experienced this stuff and I ask my self, what was my role in the breakdown? If after much soul searching I can honestly say to myself, the issue is not mine, there is not a great deal I can do and the responsibility rests with the other person. Reconciliation requires two. You can have the best intentions yet if the other doesn't want it's not going to happen, but if I realise my contribution was a key contributing factor to the breakdown I can go and apologise if that is needed or attempt to clear the matter up.
Thanks for the wonderful way you wrote this quietthinker, it helps a bit. it was just a wonderfully written post. I hope the heart pain and ache will completely go away, thank you all. I think if the other person doesn't like or care about me then why should I care about them, it's taken for granted and no matter how trivial I think the matter is, it's not trivial to the other person and I should respect that too. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am praying for you, I have lost 2 in the past 2 weeks so I know what you are going through.
God Bless
@Heart2Soul Two bereavements? so sorry...

isaiah-51-12-kjv.jpg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let Israel say,
“His steadfast love endures for ever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron say,
4 Let those who fear the Lord say,

5 Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me free.
6 With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can man do to me?
7 The Lord is on my side to help me;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to put confidence in princes.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Let Israel say,
3 Let the house of Aaron say,
4 Let those who fear the Lord say,

5 Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me free.
6 With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can man do to me?
7 The Lord is on my side to help me;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to put confidence in princes.
@MatthewG Great words; this is a Psalm, right?