Lots of words....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
....keep it coming! :)

That is just a taster! :D

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Sin is such a complex matter that the Hebrew language has eight different words for it, and all eight are found in the Bible.

yes maybe perhaps but which ones are mortal and which venial and how about the unforgiveable one which is also found in the Bible - twinc

B

brakelite

Sin is the transgression of the law...ooops, the law was nailed to the cross, so I guess those who accept Jesus cannot sin right? So when they lie, abuse others, commit adultery, and steal, that isn't sin. ?

Reactions: Dcopymope

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sin is such a complex matter that the Hebrew language has eight different words for it, and all eight are found in the Bible.
Please go ahead and put them up with their meanings.

As to sin being *complex* we know from Scripture that there are just three broad lusts (or desires) within human beings which respond to temptations. But every transgression of the Law is sin, and whatsoever is not of faith is also sin. More importantly, sin must not (and should not) have dominion over any child of God. God commands holiness.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can all be defined by:

1) the sin nature (original nature to be killed out at the cross). When John the Baptist saw Jesus coming to be baptized, he said "Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world." That is exactly what the cross did.

2) sins of the flesh now for the BA. You can take your pick on how the flesh would sin but the fact of the matter is it is the flesh. It is not spirit, it is not nature, you are complete in Christ.
How we express that at times may be far short of Who We Are. But the truth remains you are who you are by a birthing not by what you do. Does lifestyle matter sure it does, we all know that it does, it becomes a love issue at this point.

Reactions: Nancy

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has even more. Buy into his condemnation and everything is a sin. As for our sins we know them!

Isaiah 59:12 KJVS
For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them.

I wish I could explain the conviction God laid upon me at that time. I'm amazed at those who make a simple confession of faith, walk down the church aisle, sign the book and shake the preacher's hand. How nice! How easy.

God reminded me of every rotten thing I'd ever done. Though not customary I suppose it seemed I had to go through a long long process of conviction and repentance before the Lord took me off of the Holy Spirit rack.

Over weeks of weejing and repentance He finally took away the horrible pressure and gave me newfound liberty. I can't even tell you what day or month I was saved. I thought I was flipping out since suddenly I didn't want to do all the things I'd done before. It's still a mystery after forty plus years.

Sin is a mystery and the washing away of those sins an even greater one!

1 Timothy 3:16 KJVS
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Ezekiel 34 tells me that God tiring of waiting upon the churches of men to head out into the hills to gather abandoned sheep, just gets up and goes Himself. Thank God for the hardest conviction.

After God applies His pressure you begin the transformation from lump of coal to diamond.

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is Great, But Transgression of the Law will always be sin. We may have to study it to break it, with the exception of sacrificial laws, but just the same, they are to be written on our Hearts, and we know when, if we have the Spirit to show us.

Reactions: Nancy

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is loving imperfectly