Love of God and warning against false doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is inspired by a little pamphlet I got years ago. The pamphlet is titled "Father's Love Letter."
'An intimate message from God to you.'

Of course, we know there are several characteristics of God but, this does center on the "love" that He has for His children. To love Him is to obey Him, and the Gospel of Christ is meant to be lived...

He knows everything about us, He is familiar with all our ways and even the hairs of our heads are numbered. We were made in His image, in Him we live and move and have our being!
Psalm 139:1, 139:3
Genesis1:27
Acts 17:28

We are His offspring!!!

We are not a mistake.
Psalm 139:16,16

Hi is not distant and angry every time we fall short, but the complete expression and essence of love. And, repentance is key to move near Him.
John 8:41-44

He desires, as any good father would, to pour out His love on us.
1 John 3:1

He offers us way more than an earthly father ever could.
Matt. 7:11

He our provider and meets our needs, above and beyond even!!!
Matt. 6:31-33

His plans are filled with hope.
Jeremiah 32:40

When we delight in Him, He gives us the desires of our heart.
Psalm 37:4

He comforts us through our troubles.
2 Cor. 1:3-4

He carries us close to His heart.
Isaiah 40:11

He loves as He loves Jesus!
John 17:23

He gave up everything He loved to gain our love.
Romans 8:31,32

The question is...are you His obedient child, or a disobedient child? Not all will be treated the same as He also has anger, wrath, jealousy, righteousness, and He does not change. He will NEVER "wink" at sin. First place to run to if you do sin, is to Him!

So, if we stick with His pure Gospel and do not ignore the many warnings about falling away, and getting weary in well doing, we are doing well.

But...if we do not?

Luke 6:46
“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?”

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Just one of MANY warnings of false prophets. Don't turn away from the simple Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Many will, and it will be The "falling away" spoken of in 2 Thess. 2:3

I pray as others I know are also, that my brothers and sisters who might be weak in the faith, will learn the Word...heed it. That they will have eyes to see and ears to hear what The Spirit is saying to us. Satan is the most subtle of creatures and knows our ways. He will trip you up in your weakest area so, sew up that foothold, do NOT let him in. Understand what God say's in His word...it really is not difficult. Pray He gives understanding, faith and much strength in Him. Read the NT and look up the many "warning" verses online.
It is and has been happening for quite some time now.

Be vigilant, be gentle as doves and wise as serpents sayeth The Word!!!

This is long enough but, just wanted to share for any who might be interested, and might like to reply. Sorry if it is not controversial as some seem to like most, lol...it's okay. It's on my heart to share this.

Be blessed and be obedient to Him, as it is the pathway to all things good.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But...if we do not?

Your post reminds me of this . . .

Isaiah 30:15 KJV
For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Much love!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is inspired by a little pamphlet I got years ago. The pamphlet is titled "Father's Love Letter."
'An intimate message from God to you.'

Of course, we know there are several characteristics of God but, this does center on the "love" that He has for His children. To love Him is to obey Him, and the Gospel of Christ is meant to be lived...

He knows everything about us, He is familiar with all our ways and even the hairs of our heads are numbered. We were made in His image, in Him we live and move and have our being!
Psalm 139:1, 139:3
Genesis1:27

We are His offspring!!!

We are not a mistake.
Psalm 139:16,16

Hi is not distant and angry every time we fall short, but the complete expression and essence of love. And, repentance is key to move near Him.
John 8:41-44

He desires, as any good father would, to pour out His love on us.
1 John 3:1

He offers us way more than an earthly father ever could.
Matt. 7:11

He our provider and meets our needs, above and beyond even!!!
Matt. 6:31-33

His plans are filled with hope.
Jeremiah 32:40

When we delight in Him, He gives us the desires of our heart.
Psalm 37:4

He comforts us through our troubles.
2 Cor. 1:3-4

He carries us close to His heart.
Isaiah 40:11

He loves as He loves Jesus!
John 17:23

He gave up everything He loved to gain our love.
Romans 8:31,32

The question is...are you His obedient child, or a disobedient child? Not all will be treated the same as He also has anger, wrath, jealousy, righteousness, and He does not change. He will NEVER "wink" at sin. First place to run to if you do sin, is to Him!

So, if we stick with His pure Gospel and do not ignore the many warnings about falling away, and getting weary in well doing, we are doing well.

But...if we do not?

Luke 6:46
“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?”

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Just one of MANY warnings of false prophets. Don't turn away from the simple Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Many will, and it will be The "falling away" spoken of in 2 Thess. 2:3

I pray as others I know are also, that my brothers and sisters who might be weak in the faith, will learn the Word...heed it. That they will have eyes to see and ears to hear what The Spirit is saying to us. Satan is the most subtle of creatures and knows our ways. He will trip you up in your weakest area so, sew up that foothold, do NOT let him in. Understand what God say's in His word...it really is not difficult. Pray He gives understanding, faith and much strength in Him. Read the NT and look up the many "warning" verses online.
It is and has been happening for quite some time now.

Be vigilant, be gentle as doves and wise as serpents sayeth The Word!!!

This is long enough but, just wanted to share for any who might be interested, and might like to reply. Sorry if it is not controversial as some seem to like most, lol...it's okay. It's on my heart to share this.

Be blessed and be obedient to Him, as it is the pathway to all things good.

I'll have to read this again tonight. I've read this before though. Beautiful

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Much love!
What a great text from Isaiah! :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Yes bro! We must return to our 'FIRST LOVE"! Quietness, rest, confidence equals "faith" to me :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll have to read this again tonight. I've read this before though. Beautiful

It is May! I usually toss these things out after a short while but, for some reason I kept this one and just recently re-discovered it.
There is much more to the pamphlet but...we get the gist ;)

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Good ref.s there! :)

Thanks @farouk ,
We do need a balance between His Love and ever kindness and His anger , wrath as well as the rest of His awesome and perfect character! :)

He say's that He will do such and such, and also what we can expect if we obey...Amen!

Reactions: farouk