LOVE ONE ANOTHER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The scripture talks about loving one another in so many ways. In Acts, it tells us that they were so influential because they loved one another. One can look through the New Testament and find examples of their love and their love for God and instructions on how to love one another so I would like to challenge you to find love in action in the New Testament and see if you/your church is an example of this and if not how you can find ways to follow through on any example of love.

Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The scripture talks about loving one another in so many ways. In Acts, it tells us that they were so influential because they loved one another. One can look through the New Testament and find examples of their love and their love for God and instructions on how to love one another so I would like to challenge you to find love in action in the New Testament and see if you/your church is an example of this and if not how you can find ways to follow through on any example of love.
Fear opposes love.

Fear creates issues and agendas. Fear avoids total responsibility and therefore creates conditions, and blame if those conditions are not met.
Scripture teaches unconditional love, truth, and faith. That trinity is obvious, doubtless, and fearless. It has no issues or agendas. We don't have to seek love to get it, for it IS our True unconditional nature, untainted with fear (our innocence). We have to believe we are okay regardless. This is being awake to who we really are. We are not here for self, but for the One who sent us. We have a body, but we are not the body. We have to remember this to allow ourself to become free from the bondage of 'self' as a body, and not as a spirit. Our purpose is to be a spiritual light of unconditional love _ to be a witness that God has NOT denied us, but we denied God by being conditional.

Lyset

Nov 15, 2022
Vladivostok
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Hello, everyone!
I have a question concerning love and hate towards others.
First, I live in a university dormitory. Second, there I have two roommates. And third, I have one of the boys.
He is a brute; doesn't wash his clothing that he puts on in dorm, thus it stinks a lot. His manner of speech is rustic, outlaw-like. He doesn't wash his hands at all; come late at night, turns on the desk lamp light and, then having fell asleep, doesn't turn it off. He's got a tattoo on his hand. Drinks alcohol (sometimes too much) and smokes cigarettes.
I can't help but hating him. So, what do I do to avoid the sin? How can I change myself? Considering that he is impossible to change.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello, everyone!
First, I live in a university dormitory. Second, there I have two roommates. And third, I have one of the boys.
He is a brute; doesn't wash his clothing that he puts on in dorm, thus it stinks a lot. His manner of speech is rustic, outlaw-like. He doesn't wash his hands at all; come late at night, turns on the desk lamp light and, then having fell asleep, doesn't turn it off. He's got a tattoo on his hand. Drinks alcohol (sometimes too much) and smokes cigarettes.
I can't help but hating him. So, what do I do to avoid the sin? How can I change myself? Considering that he is impossible to change.
Hi @Lyset Instead of focusing on your roommate (you are male as well as he is, right?), why not focus on the fact that the Lord Jesus was obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross (Philippians 2). If we focus on Him and on what He endured at the Cross in order to redeem sinners, we can see beyond our current annoyances and circumstances, by God's grace.

Reactions: amigo de christo

france$

Nov 13, 2022
Tarpeena
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Lyset
You must possess great love indeed, to be given this challenge. Read Romans [all of it] you'll find it helpful.
I am of slavic origin and I know you possess great determination. Please focus on Jesus who said "before they did it
to you they did it to me".
Another tip I learned when something bothered me was to say"thank you", when you experience something you don't
like. It sounds strange, I know, to be thankful for something you don't like but you'll see changes.

What is happening to you is temptation to feel hate. Please use that slavic determination and still feel love. Repeat to yourself"it doesn't
upset me because Jesus is with me and He gives me peace." Then focus only on Jesus and not the mess or the smell.
It might take a bit of practice but that's how I dealt with a similar problem.

h

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that Jesus Christ and his apostles and disciples during the first century taught love and expressed it among themselves. Jesus said at John 13:35 that those who had love among themselves and expressed that love were the ones who were his true disciples or followers. I really don't see that kind of love among those who are said to be the mainstream churches today.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, everyone!
Remember his end if he does not come to Jesus. He will be forever lost. Even now, lost, life meaningless, only spinning out the meaningless days until the day of his death, then judgment. Your kindness and love may be the only Gospel he sees.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, everyone!
What did he say when you told him to wash his clothes . Does he even know you have these issues with him .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, everyone!
Why don't you just change roommates???

Lyset

Nov 15, 2022
Vladivostok
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
What did he say when you told him to wash his clothes . Does he even know you have these issues with him .
I'm shy to tell him to do so. If I do, he, I'm sure, will just look at me with despise. Well, he doesn't seem to be concerned about suck things as washing and cleaning. Though, he began doing that, and even cleaned the room. Who knows, maybe the Lord saw my trouble.

NL.009

Dec 1, 2022
Babylon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am putting my life on the line by what I write on this forum. There is hardly any website that is not crawled by their google intel gatherers and infiltrated by their federal agents posing as regular users. Nobody forces me to do this. You could say that is an example of love.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Love your neighbor as yourself”.
Not…
Love your neighbor as a neighbor.

Therein lies the Truth.