Love Various Translations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been wanting to praise various translations for some time because I have found not one translation always speaks the most to me. Just wanted to share a couple of verses from a few translations that came alive for me:

VOICE
A. Ephesians 4:29 Don’t let even one rotten word seep out of your mouths. Instead, offer only fresh words that build others up when they need it most. That way your good words will communicate grace to those who hear them.
B. 1 Corinthians 1:17 The mission given to me by the Anointed One is not about baptism, but about preaching good news. The point is not to impress others by spinning an eloquent, intellectual argument; that type of rhetorical showboating would only nullify the cross of the Anointed.

CEV
C. Psalm 82:1 When all of the other gods have come together, the LORD God judges them.
D. Ephesians 5:17 Don’t be stupid. Instead, find out what the Lord wants you to do.

ESV
E. Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
F. Genesis 3:16 Your desire shall be contrary to your husband, but he shall rule over you.”

NLT
G. Genesis 3:16 And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.
H. Mark 7:13 And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition.

COMMENTARY
A. The #1 personally convicting translation verse of the entire Bible for me.
B. Fond of intellectual arguments, this verse focused my attention to where it ought to be as I tend to be pedantic.
C. The #1 verse of 2020, reminding me of man's basic (original) sin, to think of ourselves as gods. Also, verse 6 is what Jesus used to defend himself in calling himself the son of God, for it says we are all sons of the Most High God.
D. The CEV wonderfully simplifies things. You may not recall other translations, but you'll never forget the contemporary wording of wisdom contained, Don’t be stupid.
E. The answer to the most profound question, How to find God? I use this verse more than any other in beginning to bring people to the Anointed One.
F & G. This verse never made sense to me until I read these translations. It explains that the Battle of the Sexes is Judgment from Original Sin and can only be transcended by living in communion with the Anointed One.
H. The perfect response to doctrines people advance that are not explicitly taught in the Bible.

People often lament the proliferation of denominations and translations but I quote the French,
Viva La Difference! Praise God!! What are your experiences with enjoying different translations?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love God, love others, keep it simple, don't be stupid. - message to self. Lol
Using multiple translations, I've found that the Lord has increased my Holy Spirit-given, revelatory understanding of His word and Himself.

Reactions: Wrangler