Low sodium

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had some health conditions going on and had to see the doctor. I had really bad back pain and felt like I had a cramp in the back muscle. I have cystic fibrosis so my sodium levels run low normally, but when I got the labs back they were super low. I must have had some type of cold or something because I had night sweats for a few nights which dropped my sodium even lower.

Long story short, if you are getting cramps it's not a bad idea to get your sodium checked. It can cause some dangerous troubles and even lead to death. Cramping being a sure sign of low sodium.

I just started ingesting iodized table salt again and I'm returning to normal again. It's important to get some water with the table salt, but not too much water as it can deplete your sodium.

I had already had 2 PowerADE drinks before the test which are rich in electrolytes, so it was a little strange.

Reactions: Stan B and Debp

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had some health conditions going on and had to see the doctor. I had really bad back pain and felt like I had a cramp in the back muscle. I have cystic fibrosis so my sodium levels run low normally, but when I got the labs back they were super low. I must have had some type of cold or something because I had night sweats for a few nights which dropped my sodium even lower.

Long story short, if you are getting cramps it's not a bad idea to get your sodium checked. It can cause some dangerous troubles and even lead to death. Cramping being a sure sign of low sodium.

I just started ingesting iodized table salt again and I'm returning to normal again. It's important to get some water with the table salt, but not too much water as it can deplete your sodium.

I had already had 2 PowerADE drinks before the test which are rich in electrolytes, so it was a little strange.
Sorry about your problem. My wife gets leg cramps and I do occasionally - usually agter I sweat a lot and deplete my minerals. Anyways, I thought it was potassium that she needed. She typically stays away from salt, (which is important too), because of her high blood pressure. I keep telling her she needs salt too. We are supposed to get 1500 mg/day. And because she is low in sodium, she is low in iodine, which our thyroid needs to function normally. Magnesium is important too. So I thought about Gatorade too, but it's got lots of sugar.
>> The perfect drink to replenish electrolytes is pure Coconut water.

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry about your problem. My wife gets leg cramps and I do occasionally - usually agter I sweat a lot and deplete my minerals. Anyways, I thought it was potassium that she needed. She typically stays away from salt, (which is important too), because of her high blood pressure. I keep telling her she needs salt too. We are supposed to get 1500 mg/day. And because she is low in sodium, she is low in iodine, which our thyroid needs to function normally. Magnesium is important too. So I thought about Gatorade too, but it's got lots of sugar.
>> The perfect drink to replenish electrolytes is pure Coconut water.
Sorry to hear about your problems too. I drink PowerADE which has 50% more electrolytes which my body needs, I get the sugar free version as I don't ingest sugar well. Bananas are a good source of potassium. My potassium levels were good for the first time in a long time and I had just recently added bananas to my diet. About 420mg potassium in a banana.