Lucifer, God's beloved son...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” — Revelation 20:10 (KJV)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” — Matthew 25:41 (KJV)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lucifer, God's beloved son, a bible fanfic | FanFiction ...What if Lucifer can repent? I entertain this idea in the story above. Hope you enjoy my story.
Why would a Christian start calling the devil "God's beloved son"? Who needs this kind of fiction when the devil is going about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would a Christian start calling the devil "God's beloved son"? Who needs this kind of fiction when the devil is going about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour?
I do think it's dangerous to create sympathy for the source of so much evil in the world.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do think it's dangerous to create sympathy for the source of so much evil in the world.
Correct. Christians are in A FIERCE SPIRITUAL BATTLE where the eternal destiny of human souls is at stake, along with the spiritual conflict which Christians themselves face. The last thing Christians need is spiritual nonsense about the Devil. Satan is definitely not playing games.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly ...and there is only one begotten Son of God.

“No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.” — John 1:18 (KJV)

John 3 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ¹⁷ For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. ¹⁸ He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 4 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁹ In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. ¹⁰ Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Matthew 3 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: ¹⁷ And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, ² And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. ³ And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. ⁴ Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. ⁵ While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought about this a long time ago. I don't see it as a repentence issue though.
Jesus was born fully God and fully Man. That is to say: Spirit and Flesh.
Every person needs to battle the flesh while walking in the spirit.
I see the temptations in the wilderness as such a battle.
Jesus was hungry, the "devil" tempted him to make himself some bread. Jesus countered with the word of God and overcame.
Same with throwing himself off a cliff, testing who he was, countered with the word of God.
Then all the riches and ruler of the kingdoms, pride, and Jesus overcame by rebuking the devil.

Sometimes I believe that devil is in our own heads leading us into temptation, while praying to God to keep us from temptation.
Jesus beat the devil by overcoming the flesh, or the beast, human nature.
I don't believe the human flesh and all its sinful tendencies are able to come to repentence.
It is this flesh nature, or the devil, or whatever you want to call it, that gets cast into the lake of fire.
ashes to ashes and dust to dust..

just my thoughts
HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting idea, but the Bible makes it clear what will happen to the devil. He will not repent.
But, the question no one asked here is, Who is the devil? Remember that Jesus rebuked Peter calling him Satan!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what of the source of so much evil which is the human heart? Each of us had to repent. Each of us was deeply immersed in sin. Each of us was evil. Each of us was very selfish.

Are we not thankful to God, who provided a better Way for us... and perhaps thankful also to some people who expressed sympathy for us and prayed that we might encounter a way out of our place of misery and evil?

"And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders," Mark 7:20-21

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what the source of so much evil which is the human heart? Each of us had to repent. Each of us was deeply immersed in sin. Each of us was evil. Each of us was very selfish.

Are we not thankful to God, who provided a better Way for us... and perhaps thankful also to some people who expressed sympathy for us and prayed that we might encounter a way out of our place of misery and evil?

"And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders," Mark 7:20-21
That made me think of Jesus casting out devils..
Evil thoughts, hatefulness, spite, wrath.. nasty ugly..
Never does say exactly what one of these devils looks like does it?
Is Jesus talking to the devil, or the heart thats in the man??

Then there is the lunatick son, always casting himself into the water and into the fire,
Even this I don't take literal, this guy is trying to do the right thing but keeps getting himself in trouble, and it's driving him crazy!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't devils.
I just think we give them too much publicity and give them roles in movies.
Jesus said we would tread on serpents. Cast out devils.
And I say..
That's what friends are for. :)
And HUGS
:D

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That made me think of Jesus casting out devils..
Evil thoughts, hatefulness, spite, wrath.. nasty ugly..
Never does say exactly what one of these devils looks like does it?
Is Jesus talking to the devil, or the heart thats in the man??

Then there is the lunatick son, always casting himself into the water and into the fire,
Even this I don't take literal, this guy is trying to do the right thing but keeps getting himself in trouble, and it's driving him crazy!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't devils.
I just think we give them too much publicity and give them roles in movies.
Jesus said we would tread on serpents. Cast out devils.
And I say..
That's what friends are for. :)
And HUGS
:D
Probably all of us knew how to describe a devil before we were old enough to read and certainly before we ever read about devils in the Bible. Don't we all know he's a red fellow with horns and a tail and that he carries a pitchfork? Are there any female devils?

Without looking in the mirror can we describe the appearance of a real devil or demon?

Reactions: Ziggy