Luke 21:20-22 Are We Close, Jerusalem Encompassed By Armies?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND by the way, 'Jesus saying 'this generation' Luke 21:32, he is referring to the current evil age down here on the earth, this creation, before it is remade into New Heavens and a New Earth. This means the old creation, not the NEW Creation in Christ. Do not think of generation like some 40 yr time period of men, it is more like genesis which means
"the origin or mode of formation of something:"
You have fallen for the mistranslation that Scofield's study Bible invented out of thin air for the Greek term "genea". This word "genea" typically speaks of all those living at a certain point of time - in other words, contemporaries.

Jesus spoke of "this generation of the wicked" out of whom He had cast devils (Matt. 12:43-45). During its "first state" of Christ's earthly ministry among them, that "wicked generation" had devils cast out of them on multiple occasions by Christ and the disciples. But in their "last state", those unclean spirits would return in sevenfold numbers more wicked than those which had been cast out earlier when Christ was among them.

This entire Matthew 12 passage about "this generation" (genea) showed that Christ was addressing those ethnic Israelite men and women and their families living at that particular period of time in the first century. The Queen of Sheba would rise up in the judgment against that particular "generation" (genea) because a greater than Solomon was there speaking to them in the person of Christ. Likewise, the men of Nineveh would rise up in the judgment against that particular "generation" (genea) because a greater than Jonah was then presently speaking to that generation in the person of Christ Jesus.

Those ethnic Israelite adults and their children of that single first-century generation would experience all the predicted disasters of the Olivet Discourse, which is why Christ on the way to the cross told the weeping women not to weep for him, but for themselves and their children for what was going to come upon them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I look at all the prophecies concerning the last days from both Old and New Testaments - I see almost all of them being fulfilled now except the days of Noah, and the revealing of the man of sin the Antichrist the son of perdition, which will issue in the mark of the beast.

It is written that the gospel must be preached to All Nations as a witness then the end will come. What they call uncontacted tribes, and they say it's a hundred or so, have actually been contacted they just refuse to intertwine with the outside world. Have any missionaries gone there and they refuse them and in doing so refuse the Gospel of the Lord.

Jesus also said when we see these things happening the end is not yet but it is the beginning of sorrow. What is going on with Israel now may be a prelude to what is to come. As of yet Jerusalem is not surrounded with acts of War / enemies yes. So all we can do is watch and pray.
Well stated, I agree 100%

The literal human man the bad guy must come and be revealed to the world with the false prophet, and "All" the unsaved world will worship (The Man Of Sin/The Beast) they will be "Deceived" into taking the mark and worship the image not forced as many falsely teach, as the (False Prophet) will call fire from heaven before the world and (The Beast)

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

(The False Prophet's Deception, Fire From Heaven)

Revelation 13:11-14KJV
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hello

The day of the Lord's judgement of the heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth will occur in around 20 years' time with the judged heavenly hosts and the judged kings of the earth being imprisoned in the abyss/Bottomless Pit for a period of 1,000 years, i.e., for a season, and then they will be released for a little while period after their imprisonment for 1,000 years.

It is during this little while period in our distant future, just over 1,000 years from now that Satan will gather an army and march all over the earth and then to finally encircle Jerusalem before God deals with the gathered heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth and their armies and we will see Ezekiel 38-39 play out before us where the birds of the air will be invited to a great feat of human flesh.

The present events unfolding are all a part of Jacob's troubles.

Shalom

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hello

The day of the Lord's judgement of the heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth will occur in around 20 years' time with the judged heavenly hosts and the judged kings of the earth being imprisoned in the abyss/Bottomless Pit for a period of 1,000 years, i.e., for a season, and then they will be released for a little while period after their imprisonment for 1,000 years.

It is during this little while period in our distant future, just over 1,000 years from now that Satan will gather an army and march all over the earth and then to finally encircle Jerusalem before God deals with the gathered heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth and their armies and we will see Ezekiel 38-39 play out before us where the birds of the air will be invited to a great feat of human flesh.

The present events unfolding are all a part of Jacob's troubles.

Shalom
I Disagree with the aesops fable prediction, you now are date setting with a 20 year prediction

You have mortal men being imprisoned in a spiritual prison for 1,000 years, the they are brought back to a mortal battle on earth?

Fairy Tales!

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I Disagree with the aesops fable prediction, you now are date setting with a 20 year prediction

You have mortal men being imprisoned in a spiritual prison for 1,000 years, then they are brought back to a mortal battle on earth?

Fairy Tales!

You can disagree all you want.

As for date setting, I provided a around 20 years indication of when the heavenly hosts and the king of the earth would be judged and gathered together and imprisoned for 1,000 years. The expression of "around 20 years," has embedded within this expression an acceptance that the judgement of the Heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth could be judged between 15 and 25 years from now or it could mean 19 to 21 years from now. The around 20 years is not a prediction of the actual time in which Isaiah 24:21-22 will occur, the expression only indicate when it might happen nd that was why I had used the word "around" to indicate this possible year in which this will occur.

As for the "aesops????" fable prediction, I have no idea what the "aesops" acronym means, so your message is lost on me.

Now if you are saying that my expressed Biblical understanding is "fairy tales, then are you also saying that the scriptures on which I base my post on, are also nothing but fairy tales.

As for your embellishment of what I had posted stated, I would ask you to justify your addition of meanings to my post.

Goodbye