Lunacy from the Left!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's in his book. No point in denial.

Oh, I won't take your word for it. Sorry.

Doesn't matter. I cited the book; if someone doubts it, they can go and see. It's not great literature, but the statement is therein.

But I have been doing some reading on my own, and Morris's ideas about racism are NOT as simple as that one quote you posted.

He later tried to nuance it, but of course it's in a published book, so there's no way to deny it.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? And yet, as you see above, they doctored one of Darwin's statements to make it appear he meant the opposite of what he actually said. Would you like me to show you some more?

They didn't doctor Darwin's statement.

They removed the part that showed he considered eugenics evil. On the other hand, Dr. Tinkel, one of the founders of the ICR, was an enthusiastic eugenicist:

Even more problematic for the claim that “Darwinism” was critical and instrumental in the development of eugenics is the uncomfortable fact that eugenics was also openly embraced by opponents of evolution (the first eugenics sterilization laws in the world were passed in 1907 Indiana, hardly a hotbed of “Darwinists”). The most notable of these anti-evolution eugenics supporters was probably William J. Tinkle, geneticist and prominent Creationist. Tinkle taught at religious LaVerne College and Taylor University, and participated in the activities of the Deluge Society, the first “Creation Science” organization. He then joined forces with the “young lions” of Creationism, Henry Morris, Duane Gish and Walter Lammerts, and with them he was one of the 10 Founding Fathers of the Creation Research Society, which later became the Institute for Creation Research.

Tinkle opposed evolution and Darwinian theory, but was an enthusiastic proponent of eugenics, and published several articles on the subject. In his 1939 textbook “Fundamentals of Zoology” he devotes a section to “The Need of Human Betterment”, where he laments the existence of “defective families” who “give birth to offspring like themselves”, producing “persons of low mentality, paupers and criminals in much greater ratio than the general population”[8, p. 130]. Negative eugenics via institutionalization seems to have been his preferred eugenic solution.
https://pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/05/dr-west-meet-dr.html

Just as you have done with Morris, they didn't quote enough. Your double standards are astounding.

If I showed you two pages around Morris's statement, would that be enough? As you see, your source edited Darwin's statement to remove his objection to eugenics. Do you think if I gave you even more around Morris's statement, that it would somehow erase his argument that blacks are genetically inferior in intellectual and spiritual qualities?

Shall I show you?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to dismiss the rapes, the murders, assaults, the arsons.

You were going to show us either that the police were raping people during the protests or that the protesters were doing so. Did you forget, again?
Or if you can't find any such cases, what makes you think either group was doing it?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, that's funny. You said in a different thread that you're a biologist. I assumed you meant that you have a degree in biology.

Yes. That's true. My undergrad degree is in biology. I also have a degree in systems, mainly working on biological systems. But a lot of competent biologists don't/didn't get degrees in biology. Claude Shannon (of "Shannon information" fame) and Charles Darwin (whose work on cirripedes alone would have made him a prominent biologist) are two salient examples.

However, it's quite possible to get a degree in biology without ever reading anything written by Darwin. I just happen to have read several of his books.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were going to show us either that the police were raping people during the protests or that the protesters were doing so. Did you forget, again?
Or if you can't find any such cases, what makes you think either group was doing it?
You were going to show us either that the police were raping people during the protests or that the protesters were doing so. Did you forget, again? Or if you can't find any such cases, what makes you think either group was doing it?
I think you are getting your conversations mixed up.
I know of no police rapes. But as always I say if someone rapes, murders, assault, destroys property they should go to prison.

Reactions: historyb

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He later tried to nuance it, but of course it's in a published book, so there's no way to deny it.
Even if Morris was a racist (meaning that he looked down on people groups because of the color of their skin), his ideas were based on a misinterpretation of the Bible. Nowhere does the Bible disparage a people group based on the color of their skin. But like I said before, Morris's views about this were more complicated than a short passage conveys. You can call it nuancing, but I read an article by a person who knew him and discussed these views with him. Unfortunately, he didn't explain his ideas fully in the book you mentioned.

What's pathetic is that some evolutionists say that creationists are racist based on what Morris said. They deceptively paint creationism with a broad brush even though one man's views don't represent the movement as a whole, which is based on the biblical account.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if Morris was a racist (meaning that he looked down on people groups because of the color of their skin), his ideas were based on a misinterpretation of the Bible.

So was his creationism. He had a lot of things wrong. In each case, he took a bit of verse, and then added things to it, until it suited him. He didn't think it was skin color that mattered. He thought blacks were genetically deficient in intelligence and spirituality, but he also considered some lighter-skinned people to be "Hamites." He differed mostly from other racists by not attributing inferiority to Jews. His racism was much less malignant than that of Agassiz (the last anti-Darwinian biologist of any standing) who thought that blacks weren't even descended from Adam and Eve. His revulsion against black people in his writings is very disturbing.

What's pathetic is that some evolutionists say that creationists are racist based on what Morris said.

Most aren't racists. But the fact that there was such overt racism among the founders of the creationist movement is disturbing. There were certainly anti-Darwinians who were as opposed to slavery as Darwin was. I mentioned Wilberforce (the same man who was defeated in a debate by Huxley concerning evolution) who opposed the opinions of most of his creationist fellows, and was instrumental in banning slavery from the British Empire. (a ban Darwin publicly celebrated)

Many creationists are dismayed to find out about the views of some of their leaders. Racism is not an essential part of creationism. Like the Darwinists who debunked the Nazi racial theories before Hitler even came to power, most creationists opposed Hitler.

And there is also this; those creationists who did oppose eugenics and racism, did so for religious and ethical reasons. So did Darwin, and many other Darwinians. But Darwinians also exposed the Nazis as unscientific cranks, whose racial ideas had no basis in reality.

And that's the major difference.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter said:

You were going to show us either that the police were raping people during the protests or that the protesters were doing so. Did you forget, again? Or if you can't find any such cases, what makes you think either group was doing it?

I think you are getting your conversations mixed up.
I know of no police rapes. But as always I say if someone rapes, murders, assault, destroys property they should go to prison.

If you don't have any examples where either police or protesters raped anyone in these demonstrations,what is your point?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter said:

If you don't have any examples where either police or protesters raped anyone in these demonstrations,what is your point?
I never said anything about police rape. What sense would that make?
I am talking about the protesters occupying property, about protesters that are destroying property...now our landmarks...protesters assaulting people, protesters raping women, protesters murdering people....murdering police officers. I am talking about your lack of concern for this and even your defense of this to the point that I think you agree and support this and either have done some of this or wish you could.
I am talking about the fact that you have no sense of right and wrong. As they say
"moral compass" you have none.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said anything about police rape. What sense would that make?
I am talking about the protesters occupying property, about protesters that are destroying property

You dropped "rape" from your stuff. Good. Seeing as no one seems to have done any raping in those demonstrations, that was a good move.

White Supremacists Are Following Trump’s Lead And Fueling Minnesota Violence
White Supremacists Are Following Trump’s Lead And Fueling Minnesota Violence

White nationalist group posing as antifa called for violence on Twitter
Other misinformation and misleading claims spread across Twitter on Sunday night and into Monday related to the protests.
White nationalist group posing as antifa called for violence on Twitter

Do you denounce these right-wing group committing vandalism and calling for violence?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am talking about the fact that you have no sense of right and wrong. As they say
"moral compass" you have none.

Maybe you're frustrated because you were called out for things you wrote. Getting verbally abusive only makes it more obvious, what you have done.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you're frustrated because you were called out for things you wrote. Getting verbally abusive only makes it more obvious, what you have done.
Fight and squirm all you want mister bass, but the hook is set and I am reeling you in.
What I have done? I have fought against evil my whole life. People like you. A person that has no sense of right and wrong are capable of nearly anything.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fight and squirm all you want mister bass, but the hook is set and I am reeling you in.

Someone's in a snit. That won't help you, either. Why not just try to do better in the future?

What I have done?

It appears you let your emotions get the best of you common sense.

I have fought against evil my whole life. People like you.

Well, you know how evil barbarians can be...

A person that has no sense of right and wrong are capable of nearly anything.

I think you have some sense of right and wrong, but your temper sometimes overrides it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Someone's in a snit. That won't help you, either. Why not just try to do better in the future?

It appears you let your emotions get the best of you common sense.

Well, you know how evil barbarians can be...

I think you have some sense of right and wrong, but your temper sometimes overrides it.
The most scariest thing about me is that I do not get angry, I have been doing the right thing so long that at this point it is a matter of habit. I have been fighting evil so long that I know the stench of evil, I know the footprints of Satan and the evildoers that march at his command. I stand against you and your kind that would do Satan's will and would turn this world into chaos and anarchy.

People like you that have no sympathy for the victims of this evil. Salivating blood thirsty creatures that feed off the lives of the innocent. 600,000 babies murdered every year....candy to Satan. Rape, pillage, and plunder the very nature of Satan and all that you defend. People like you that defend and support those that terrorize innocent people. Ravishing evil that destroys and murders and rapes.

Yes, what I have done, I have stood with God against the likes of you.

Satan knows that this country is all that stands between him and world domination. You stand to destroy this country and what is stands for.

But angry? No...just convinced.

Reactions: historyb

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, may God bless and keep you, and encourage you in your mission.