Lust is the only source for sinning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Lust entices the person to sin by tempting thoughts, and so lusting for sin is the source for sinning, not the tempting thoughts alone.

Scripture shows that if any person has lust, which Jesus shows is in the heart, then it is one's own lust, not the devil's.

And it certainly isn't from God, neither at creation nor during life on earth.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

This Scripture rejects the lie that man sins, because God made him that way to sin, whether at creation or at youth, and so would indeed be the true tempter for all men to sin.

Lust therefore is each person's own source for sinning in this life, and it is recieved only when the soul is enticed by temptation to choose the evil and not the good.

Having sin within the spirit of a man. therefore, only comes by having lust within the heart, which only comes by being tempted and enticed to sin against God.

All men from the youth have sinned, only because all men have lusted for sin from the heart, and so death has passed upon every soul after birth, that has lusted from their own heart for sinning.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the one man who did not ever lust from the heart and so be enticed by temptation to sin in the flesh.

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Jesus is the only soul on earth, who fought the good fight against all tempting thoughts, and kept His own heart pure from a babe born into the world.

None other male or female kept their hearts pure from lusting from the womb, but all recieved lust for themselves within their hearts at youth, and some never repent of it unto the end.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read the bible and take an honest look at sinning, which includes the ten commandments and the Royal Law (James 2:8-13) of love your neighbor as yourself which demonstrates that the sheep and goats directive is law (Matthew 25:31-46) then it becomes clear that all sin is selfishness.

Committing adultery is selfish and hurts people and families.
Stealing hurts the person that is stolen from.
Bearing false witness can imprison innocent people and hurts them.
Not rendering aid to the less fortunate and needy perpetuates their suffering and hurts them.

If we obey the commandments of God, "all of them", then we are acting in a selfless way and consider the effects of our actions and how they either help or hurt others.

The root of all sin is selfishness.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Lust in the heart is the source of enticement for all tempting thoughts.

Therefore there can be no sin, where there is no lust nor tempting thoughts to be enticed by.

To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Lust is one's own active desire to choose evil and not good, and so there is no lusting in the heart of any soul, until one learns it for themselves on earth, after being born into the world with a pure heart free from lusting to do evil.

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

The soul is alive only with a pure heart without lust, and so all babes are once alive without the law, until the commandment comes not to covet, and lust becomes alive in the heart to bring death to the soul.

The same is true for those born again with pure hearts, if they allow lust to revive once again for sinning against God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read the bible and take an honest look at sinning, which includes the ten commandments and the Royal Law (James 2:8-13) of love your neighbor as yourself which demonstrates that the sheep and goats directive is law (Matthew 25:31-46) then it becomes clear that all sin is selfishness.

Committing adultery is selfish and hurts people and families.
Stealing hurts the person that is stolen from.
Bearing false witness can imprison innocent people and hurts them.
Not rendering aid to the less fortunate and needy perpetuates their suffering and hurts them.

If we obey the commandments of God, "all of them", then we are acting in a selfless way and consider the effects of our actions and how they either help or hurt others.

The root of all sin is selfishness.
If you want to define lusting for sin against God and man, as a narrow definition of selfishness, I would agree.

Selfishness would be coveting, which is lusting:

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Coveting is lusting for anything not given and blessed by God, which is not by faith, whether things spiritual or carnal.

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lust in the heart is the source of enticement for all tempting thoughts.

Therefore there can be no sin, where there is no lust nor tempting thoughts to be enticed by.

To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Lust is one's own active desire to choose evil and not good, and so there is no lusting in the heart of any soul, until one learns it for themselves on earth, after being born into the world with a pure heart free from lusting to do evil.

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

The soul is alive only with a pure heart without lust, and so all babes are once alive without the law, until the commandment comes not to covet, and lust becomes alive in the heart to bring death to the soul.

The same is true for those born again with pure hearts, if they allow lust to revive once again for sinning against God.
Yes lust can lead to selfish actions. Lust is selfish. But can you see the big picture here?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to define lusting for sin against God and man, as a narrow definition of selfishness, I would agree.

Selfishness would be coveting, which is lusting:

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Coveting is lusting for anything not given and blessed by God, which is not by faith, whether things spiritual or carnal.

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Well God is love (1 John 4:8). And he creates a loving Kingdom in heaven for us to be part of. Being a father I am well aware that a father wants his children to be happy, get along well and show love to each other. The two great commandments are love God and love your neighbor (Matthew 22:36-40). Which is why God promotes selfless commands like taking care of the needy and not hurting other people like adultery, murder, stealing and lying.

Lust only covers some of the commandments. But selfishness and being selfless instead encompasses all the commandments.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After thinking about it. Selfishness and lust are probably two sides of the same coin? No need to argue about it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: robert derrick