Lydia Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

40 And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of Lydia: and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed. - Acts 16:14,40.

We have talked about keeping an open heart in your walk with God. Why should I do that? Why should I open my heart to the things of God - when most of us are taught in Sunday school not to be to free in your thinking because the devil may slip in and deceive a person. My experience has been alot of people are already decieved into thinking it is them that lives and God helps them to do that, the right way - including myself. A man is always right in his own heart. Remember that - man is always right. As a man thinketh; so is he.

That is where deception starts, in the mind. It will be a life long journey out of self knowledge into Christ knowledge (the mind of Christ) so it is not necessary to make that anymore complicated than that part of life will be anyway. Can you understand that. It is a journey out of the old - into the new understanding of what it is God has done - that is soulish because thinking has to do with mind. Man work's all through life (the world is our father's school house) to do that - to see what it is the Lord has done by creation and now, threw the cross. For a particular reason of; getting me to see in my minds eye. That is the eyes of the understanding and exsists in mind. Keep in mind - you are complete in spirit. The c & s gang is a automatic thing in life and you will never conquer the c & s gang, but you can view the world in it's proper perspective and have understanding of the world. That is revelation. Revelation is the way we know things. It is the knower that is in man and the HolySpirit will be your teacher of that very thing as you learn and grow. Growth is; the understanding that Christ is that Spirit - where the twain have become one.

The HolySpirit is what is known in scripture as "the one to go along side." The paraclete (the HolySpirit) - that means He is there to do what He does, as the scripture teach who He is. Threw the mind of man as a teacher - he is described in scripture as the one that goes along side you. He will always be 'action' in a verse. Christ is always the one that just 'is' in a verse and scripture.

This is how you can rightly divide the word of Truth. At least one way, and very important to understand who the verse is talking about and describing. So you know what the full context of a verse or passage, even a word. Cannot stress that enough because you cannot properly get the word of God fixed in you. Not without - rightly dividing the word of truth. Bless you.

Reactions: Invisibilis

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great bible study thread, soul man.

Day by day I crucify my old self to resurrect the new self in Christ. It is an act of faith, and Jesus Christ showed us how to do so in such a dramatic way. It had to be so, so we would 'know' the unconditional cost of everything (old self) for Everything (new self).

For me, the word 'unconditional' cannot be grasped by the conditional mind. It is different as much as 'knowing' is to knowledge, and faith is to doubt.

The Word of God, or Truth, is unconditional, and pierces the depths of deception this world is made of. Unconditionality of Truth separates the chaff/husks from the wheat, the body from the soul, the old self from the inner being _ new self.

Unconditionality opens the heart (no more veils) for Spirit of Truth to move from the inner to the outer, from Truth to a new consciousness of the new self. This Truth is illuminating. God's children are light-bearers. They are innocent, unconditional, and fearless in the dark. Only light-bearers can truly go into dark places.

When Paul left prison, he went where the other open-hearted light-bearers were in the dark world they walked through.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great bible study thread, soul man.

Day by day I crucify my old self to resurrect the new self in Christ. It is an act of faith, and Jesus Christ showed us how to do so in such a dramatic way. It had to be so, so we would 'know' the unconditional cost of everything (old self) for Everything (new self).

For me, the word 'unconditional' cannot be grasped by the conditional mind. It is different as much as 'knowing' is to knowledge, and faith is to doubt.

The Word of God, or Truth, is unconditional, and pierces the depths of deception this world is made of. Unconditionality of Truth separates the chaff/husks from the wheat, the body from the soul, the old self from the inner being _ new self.

Unconditionality opens the heart (no more veils) for Spirit of Truth to move from the inner to the outer, from Truth to a new consciousness of the new self. This Truth is illuminating. God's children are light-bearers. They are innocent, unconditional, and fearless in the dark. Only light-bearers can truly go into dark places.

When Paul left prison, he went where the other open-hearted light-bearers were in the dark world they walked through.

Thank you glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting, I enjoyed what you had to say. And lots of truth in your comment in my understanding. Yes that old conditional mind - we get that from ' the knowledge of good and evil. So it goes along way because we have lived with it so long. The root of the law comes from that knowledge and is tuff to tame in the renewing process. Complete in spirit and being renewed in the mind where you get good understanding in the process. Thanks again.

Reactions: Invisibilis