MaKe It StOp

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evey...single....time...i always do something and my brain makes some oath where if something doesn't go as i predict, i have to abstain from something, or more recently, i get bound to all of my previous oaths. I can barely even resist the temptation to agree to the deal, and i lost almost every time. I pray and pray for God to forgive me and release me from these things made from foolish compulsions, but it happens almost right away no matter how much i want it to stop. When i expressed to my Bible teacher how much i hate this asinine system of oaths, how i have to be constantly being bound to everything i've ever made in my head, how i hate that God makes no leeway for situations like mine and refuses to release me, he essentially accused me of "blaming God for my foolishness". I just want any kind of freedom, to do anything enjoyable or worthwhile, but because i have compulsions i greatly struggle to control, it's ENTRIELY MY FAULT i can't have that!? I'm actually breaking one of the compuslive oaths i made just to make this post, because honestly this is so unfair i'll gladly defy it all. I'd rather sacrilege something sacred than follow it if it's no better than straight up abusive. Yet STILL, this has to keep happening, and i always feel guilt over making these cruel things! I still try and try to repent, to focus on other things and refuse these thoughts, but it never ends....WhYyYyYyY!?!1?

(i just want prayers for me to stop this all...i can't do this anymore)

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like OCD, which my daughter has.
We have things in the house we have to do to appease her --over time she is doing better.

I would get some counseling---everybody has their things they do--don't feel bad.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you to not have OCD and that you might have the Lord's peace in your life.

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like OCD, which my daughter has.
We have things in the house we have to do to appease her --over time she is doing better.

I would get some counseling---everybody has their things they do--don't feel bad.

I have a friend that has something very similar to OP and they call it OCD.
Many that have 'physical' OCD (washing hands, counting things) cure it by making it internal and it turns into making oaths etc...