Making Christianity Work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens along the way in this thing of ours called Christianity something will happen to you in your hunger. You discover your husband, the believer wife discovers their husband and it will ever revolutionize their love relationship with the Christ in them. They will nolonger feel they can be separated from their husband as always thought and taught in religion. No relationship with your husband life in religion, only a notion of; if I believe right and get everything fixed right, I'll be right. The biggest deception the devil has on a believer is being caught by religion.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, - Colossians 2:8-18

You want to see how your Christianity work's, here it is written in plain black and white english. You want to know how your religion work's, here it is written in plain black and white english. For some odd reason we cannot read our Bible like it is written, we will always put a little twist to fit my meaning, my doctrine, my understanding, regardless of what scripture says, amazing at what man can do.

Look at the politics of the day and you will see what man is capable of. Anything can be twisted enough to look like a truth, and you can always get a few that will follow your lead so don't be so quick to jump on a band wagon. An old minister told me one time as I was getting started; I will not do radio anymore. I asked why? "He said that just because you feel so strongly about a position or understanding does not make it right. What you understand in scripture needs ironed out for years sometimes to get what the Holyspirit is saying to you."

I wish I could have listened but my rebel self in the world was carried over into my salvation. After a year or so I was on the radio, what a flop it was when I look back on what I knew at the time, the words the man spoke to me that day have stayed with me now for over 35 years. If I can't study a subject and know something about it by the Spirit I'm not interested in it. It's a waste of time. I like to listen to the radio personalities, most are wonderful to listen to, and then their are some that have no idea what they are talking about. The words I received that day would go along way for some.

Christianity works first of all by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, making Christianity work comes by what you know, your knowledge. For instance; if you are trying to make Christianity work by the old knowledge of good and evil, it simply will not work. For Christianity to work your mind will have to be renewed by seeing Christ in you. You get a new knowledge with time. It does take time to get the old out and new in, but you are not going anywhere so you have time. Read your bible like it is written, listen to the Holyspirit, that may mean shut out everything else for awhile, he will lead you into an understanding only he can teach. Always remember, no man can teach you Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Pearl

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet in trying to make 'christianity ' work we all are in danger of making a religion.
Christianity doesn't work. Who really believes in a crucified man dead two thanks and years?

Only those who have encountered that same Jesus. Christianity doesn't work, unless it is driven by God.

We all need to be hot wired into the Spirit.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What happens along the way in this thing of ours called Christianity something will happen to you in your hunger. You discover your husband, the believer wife discovers their husband and it will ever revolutionize their love relationship with the Christ in them. They will nolonger feel they can be separated from their husband as always thought and taught in religion. No relationship with your husband life in religion, only a notion of; if I believe right and get everything fixed right, I'll be right. The biggest deception the devil has on a believer is being caught by religion.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, - Colossians 2:8-18

You want to see how your Christianity work's, here it is written in plain black and white english. You want to know how your religion work's, here it is written in plain black and white english. For some odd reason we cannot read our Bible like it is written, we will always put a little twist to fit my meaning, my doctrine, my understanding, regardless of what scripture says, amazing at what man can do.

Look at the politics of the day and you will see what man is capable of. Anything can be twisted enough to look like a truth, and you can always get a few that will follow your lead so don't be so quick to jump on a band wagon. An old minister told me one time as I was getting started; I will not do radio anymore. I asked why? "He said that just because you feel so strongly about a position or understanding does not make it right. What you understand in scripture needs ironed out for years sometimes to get what the Holyspirit is saying to you."

I wish I could have listened but my rebel self in the world was carried over into my salvation. After a year or so I was on the radio, what a flop it was when I look back on what I knew at the time, the words the man spoke to me that day have stayed with me now for over 35 years. If I can't study a subject and know something about it by the Spirit I'm not interested in it. It's a waste of time. I like to listen to the radio personalities, most are wonderful to listen to, and then their are some that have no idea what they are talking about. The words I received that day would go along way for some.

Christianity works first of all by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, making Christianity work comes by what you know, your knowledge. For instance; if you are trying to make Christianity work by the old knowledge of good and evil, it simply will not work. For Christianity to work your mind will have to be renewed by seeing Christ in you. You get a new knowledge with time. It does take time to get the old out and new in, but you are not going anywhere so you have time. Read your bible like it is written, listen to the Holyspirit, that may mean shut out everything else for awhile, he will lead you into an understanding only he can teach. Always remember, no man can teach you Christ.
Robot Check

Have you read this book soulman? Some people were talking about in on here a few weeks ago.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what Robot check means. The book is called Pagan Christianity and if you click on the link it takes you to it on Amazon.
Lol I see, I saw robot check and thought that was the book :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol I see, I saw robot check and thought that was the book :)
I bought it because I had seen it mentioned on here but can't remember who by or even in which thread, and started it this morning.

Reactions: soul man