Malachi and Elijah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Malachi 4:1-6 This prophecy deals with what will happen to the people of Judah; the Jews and Israel; the Christians, in the last days. Read and carefully consider his Words:

For lo, the sun comes, glowing like a furnace and all the audacious sinners and all the perpetrators of wickedness will be like stubble. And the Day that comes shall burn them up... But the sun [Son] of mercy shall rise with healing in its wings for you who fear My Name...
Soon to happen, God will use the sun; the wicked will be judged by fire and all the faithful believers will be protected by Jesus. Isaiah 30:26-30, Psalms 50:1-6

It will be the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster. Revelation 6:12-17

Keep in remembrance the teaching of Moses, My servant, and the laws and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel.
The prophet tells them in the name of God; ‘Remember forever the Commandments of Moses, My servant: in every time and situation.

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome Day of the Lord, that he may return the heart of the fathers through the children, and the heart of the children through their fathers — lest I come and smite the earth with utter destruction.
This means that to prevent a situation in which God will have to come and destroy the earth, He will send Elijah the prophet to arouse the people to repentance. Once they choose to obey, they will merit to be counted among those who fear My Name and their names will be Written in the Book of Life. Malachi 3:16-17

The above prophecy “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet ... that he may return the heart of the fathers…” means that Elijah’s role to provide spiritual assistance to people living in This World, will take on immense proportions before the great and terible Day of God, and he will awaken the heart of the people to repentance.

Indeed, what other convincing explanation is there for the wonderful commitment to the faith in these days, in which many youths and young adults are tenaciously swimming against the stream of hedonism and lusts which are part of our modern culture.

Elijah will return the heart of fathers; to the Almighty, through the children, by the children. They will show their parents by their joy and love; the right way to live.

Throughout Jewish and Christian history, the parents responsibility was to educate their children to observe Torah, the Bible and its Commandments. To say that a time will come when the children will teach their parents to repent, seems absurd.

But now, we see many parents becoming religious by the example of their children. “He will return the heart of fathers to the Almighty through the children.”

There is very little time left now, for people to repent and have their names Written in the Book of Life. The forthcoming great and terrible Day of the Lord’s fiery wrath, prophesied over 100 times in the Bible, is near and coming fast. Zephaniah 1:14-18

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ecclesiasticus 48:1-10 There arose Elijah, a prophet like fire, whose Word blazed like a torch. By the Word of the Lord, he shut up the sky and three times he called down fire from heaven. By the Word of the Most High, you raised a corpse from the dead. You sent kings and famous men to destruction, how glorious you were, Elijah, in your miracles! You were taken up to heaven in a chariot by a fiery whirlwind. Scripture records that you are to come at the appointed time, to allay the Divine wrath before it destroys us all, to reconcile father and son and to restore the tribes of Jacob. Reference: REB Apocrypha

1 Kings 18:37-38 Answer me, Lord, and let this people know that You are God in Israel and that is You who have brought them back to their allegiance. Then fire from heaven fell, consuming the whole offering, the wood, the stones, the earth and the water in the trench.

Malachi 4:5-6 Look, I will send you the prophet Elijah before the great and terrible Day of the Lord comes. He will reconcile parents to their children, so as to avoid My curse on the Land.

Luke 1:17 John will go before Him as a forerunner, possessed by the power and spirit of Elijah, to reconcile father to child, to convert the rebellious to the ways of the righteous and to prepare a people that shall be fit for the Lord.

Ref: REB Abridged

Now, as the great and terrible Day of the Lord approaches, we can soon expect that someone, somewhere will rise up in the spirit and power of Elijah. It may be that the man himself will appear, as he never died and it is probable that he is one of the two witnesses who preach in Jerusalem during the time of the Anti Christ.

Elijah was the prophet who called down fire from heaven, maybe he will do so again when the Islamic nations and entities commence their attack on Israel.

It will be Elijah who will reconcile families, this mainly refers to the great reconciliation and rejoining of the House of Judah and the House of Israel. Ezekiel 37:15-28

This will lift the Divine curse off the Land and enable the restored tribes of Jacob, the Israelites and now as we know; every faithful Christian believer. They will go to their heritage and be the people fit to welcome Jesus at His Return.

All the holy Land, promised so long ago to the Patriarchs, will be cleared and cleansed by the forthcoming Day of the Lord’s judgement/punishment by fire from God’s storehouse, Deuteronomy 32:34-35, the sun.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above prophecy “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet ... that he may return the heart of the fathers…” means that Elijah’s role to provide spiritual assistance to people living in This World, will take on immense proportions before the great and terible Day of God, and he will awaken the heart of the people to repentance.
Luke 1:17 John will go before Him as a forerunner, possessed by the power and spirit of Elijah, to reconcile father to child, to convert the rebellious to the ways of the righteous and to prepare a people that shall be fit for the Lord.

this has already happen, John and the Lord Jesus is this refering to as the TWO WITNESS.

PICJAG.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Christian Israelites:

Pauls Message to the Northern Ten Tribes of the House of Israel:
Ephesians 2:11-18
"Do not forget, that there was a time when you who were pagans physically; called the Uncircumcised. That is: all non-Jews, but specifically the rejected House of the Northern 10 Tribes of Israel, scattered in exile amongst the nations where they have lost their Israelite identity.

Do not forget that you had no Redeemer and were excluded from membership of Israel, Cut off from the Covenant by God and exiled amongst the pagan nations. So, something had to happen to enable you to become members of Israel again.
Aliens with no part in the Covenants with their Promises. You were immersed in this world without hope and without God, No longer part of the Covenant. So, you had to be reconciled, brought back into the Covenant with God.
But now in Jesus; you that used to be so far apart from us,
[Paul, speaking as a Jew.] have been brought very close by the Blood of Jesus. You have been bought at a very high price. Revelation 5:9-10

For He is the Peace (Reconciliation) between us (The House of Judah and the House of Israel) and has made the two into One (all the faithful Christian People of God) and has broken down the barrier which used to keep them apart, actually destroying by His own Person the hostility (rebellion) caused by the rules and decrees of the (Jewish Levitical) Law. This rebellion by 10 tribe Israel and pagans against the Law was the barrier that kept them apart from Jews. This does not imply that Jesus did away with the Law itself, rather; He removed the rebellion against the Law from the hearts of the receiving Israelites, as confirmed in Jeremiah 31:31-33 and Ezekiel 11:17-21, placing His Spirit in them, thereby instilling a love for obedience to the Law on their hearts and minds.

This was to create One Single New Man (Born again believers) in Himself out of the two of them and by restoring Peace, through the Cross, to unite them both in a Single Body and reconcile them with God. In His own person He killed the hostility (against the Law - not the Law itself.) Through Him, all peoples have in the One Spirit the Way to come to the Father. So, you (Christian believers)
are no longer aliens or foreigners, you are citizens like all the Tzadikim (righteous Jews) and part of God's Household (Christian people from every tribe, race, nation and language.)

This Mystery that has now been revealed ... was unknown to men in past generations. It means that pagans (specifically the degenerated and scattered 10 tribes of Israel,) now share the same inheritance. They all can be part of the SAME BODY (of faithful Christians) and the same Promise. (as had been made to the ancient 12 tribes of Israel.) has been made to them (the Gentiles and lost Israelites) in Jesus, through the Good News of His atoning sacrifice. (that He, did sacrifice His Life in order to redeem them back into the Covenant relationship, with all its Divine Blessings)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But John the Baptist, didn't do what is prophesied for Elijah, he just Baptized Jesus and that's about all.
Obviously Malachi 4:5-6 is a prophecy yet to happen.
GINOLJC, is the ordinance of Baptism still in the earth today?, and Elijah work, vis, John's Baptism is still in effect today as the witness to the Lord's Death by which we enter into the kingdom?. is not water baptism for all the families of the entire world? are we all not baptized into ONE body? be we Jew or Gentile, male or female? do we not all have the same one Father?

is not salvation for all Nations? John 4:42, and 1 John 4:14. so the work of Elijah contuine to this day as well as the work and Witness of the Lord Jesus. for are not these promises for the world? answer, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." QUESTION, is the Lord still call all people today?... Yes then the promise is still in effect, for "WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED". whosoeve is not limited to a particular tribe or nation. for we all enter the same house.

PICJAG.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
GINOLJC, is the ordinance of Baptism still in the earth today?, and Elijah work, vis, John's Baptism is still in effect today as the witness to the Lord's Death by which we enter into the kingdom?. is not water baptism for all the families of the entire world? are we all not baptized into ONE body? be we Jew or Gentile, male or female? do we not all have the same one Father?

is not salvation for all Nations? John 4:42, and 1 John 4:14. so the work of Elijah contuine to this day as well as the work and Witness of the Lord Jesus. for are not these promises for the world? answer, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." QUESTION, is the Lord still call all people today?... Yes then the promise is still in effect, for "WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED". whosoeve is not limited to a particular tribe or nation. for we all enter the same house.

PICJAG.
I agree with all you say, but you have missed the secret of God in the continuing story of His originally chosen people.
They are the 2 Houses of Judah and Israel. Judah we know today as the Jewish State of Israel and the House of Israel remains scattered among the nations, identified now by the Christian peoples. Galatians 3:26-29 & 6:14-16, Revelation 5:9-10

Many prophesies tell of their eventual rejoining and settling into all of the holy Land; Ezekiel 37, Jeremiah 50:4-5, + , as all the faithful people of God, being His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27 and His Light to the nations; Isaiah 49:3-8, Matthew 5:14-16

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with all you say, but you have missed the secret of God in the continuing story of His originally chosen people.
They are the 2 Houses of Judah and Israel. Judah we know today as the Jewish State of Israel and the House of Israel remains scattered among the nations, identified now by the Christian peoples. Galatians 3:26-29 & 6:14-16, Revelation 5:9-10

Many prophesies tell of their eventual rejoining and settling into all of the holy Land; Ezekiel 37, Jeremiah 50:4-5, + , as all the faithful people of God, being His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27 and His Light to the nations; Isaiah 49:3-8, Matthew 5:14-16

So, what you are saying is that, even the "Christians" have to repent of their sins of idolatrous worship to be redeemed in our near future?

I am not so sure that that is true.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So, what you are saying is that, even the "Christians" have to repent of their sins of idolatrous worship to be redeemed in our near future?

I am not so sure that that is true.
Well I am. Because we all have some failings, none is righteous, no not one.
I would think that Jesus will say to quite a few 'Christians' - I never knew you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I am. Because we all have some failings, none is righteous, no not one.
I would think that Jesus will say to quite a few 'Christians' - I never knew you.

But I only asked if we have to repent of just one particular specific sin, not a splattering of many different types of sin as you have responded.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But I only asked if we have to repent of just one particular specific sin, not a splattering of many different types of sin as you have responded.
The sin that many need to repent of right now, is the belief in false teachings.
People have chosen to believe in fables, as Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4, in unbiblical theories and incredible escapist ideas.

This lack of proper study and understanding of what the Prophets actually wrote; for our information, leaves them in the dark, complacent and clueless about the truth of God's Plans for the future.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sin that many need to repent of right now, is the belief in false teachings.
People have chosen to believe in fables, as Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4, in unbiblical theories and incredible escapist ideas.

This lack of proper study and understanding of what the Prophets actually wrote; for our information, leaves them in the dark, complacent and clueless about the truth of God's Plans for the future.

Seem to me that you fit this category wonderfully well, with your beliefs in the false teachings department.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GINOLJC, TO ALL.
first, thanks for the reply, second, not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. the covenant is only with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. and both are one in christ. supportive scripture, Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:". these are the only two houses. and as to where the Holy Land is where God is, the whole earth, for it is made new.

PICJAG

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Matthew 17:10-13?

10 And the disciples asked him, “Then why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?” 11 He answered, “Elijah does come, and he will restore all things. 12 But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.​

Reactions: 101G

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seem to me that you fit this category wonderfully well, with your beliefs in the false teachings department.
Since false teachers, false gospels, and false teachings are prevalent here and throughout the world,
and sin,
do you somehow believe we should only repent of one sin !?
Or should we repent of all sin ?
(I hope at least you believe we should repent of all sin)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since false teachers, false gospels, and false teachings are prevalent here and throughout the world,
and sin,
do you somehow believe we should only repent of one sin !?
Or should we repent of all sin ?
(I hope at least you believe we should repent of all sin)
Mixing the church in with physical Jacob, is not a misleading sin. It is a misunderstanding. It is denying that things will happen that directly changes God's Word that leads to rebellion. If we can even post here after the 6th seal, it would be interesting to see who is posting and who is not. But how would we even know the why no one can post? There could be dozens of different reasons.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Matthew 17:10-13?

10 And the disciples asked him, “Then why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?” 11 He answered, “Elijah does come, and he will restore all things. 12 But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.​

Correct, Elijah has already come.

his/John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus WITNESS is in the EARTH today. the Gospel, and water Baptism.

PICJAG.

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, Elijah has already come.

his/John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus WITNESS is in the EARTH today. the Gospel, and water Baptism.

PICJAG.
Water baptism is part of the Gospel. Isn't the Old Testament (and those who make good use of it to preach the Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 13:52)) a better candidate for being the 2nd witness?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism is part of the Gospel. Isn't the Old Testament (and those who make good use of it to preach the Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 13:52)) a better candidate for being the 2nd witness?
the OLD TESTAMENT is the NEW TESTAMENT, "hidden", and the NEW TESTAMENT is the OLD TESTAMENT, "Revealed".

PICJAG.