1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by Mayflower, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:58 AM.

1. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This shook my core yesterday. Can y'all please look at these verses who read the 1611 KJV. I feel like the KJV like all of them has changed...I know I use NASB more these days, but I never remember the Bible reading this way.

But also out of the Bible too. It really shook my core yesterday where I'm questioning a lot of things.

Mandela Effects: The top 300 list December 2018 - Alternate Memories

2. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

3. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure what it means.

I'll stick to feeding on God's Word daily. :)

"ByGrace" likes this.
  4. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

The Lord Jesus said:

"Thy word is truth" (John 17.17).

5. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    None of the changes that she mentioned are anything new...they were not different before. I have been reading my Bible extensively for over 28 years, and it has never changed on me. Now sometimes when I have gotten a new Bible there may be a spelling error but the word itself is not changed.

This woman probably started in a non-kjv Bible and didn't understand that the kjv was a different translation when she started reading in it.

6. Willie T

Willie T Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    When someone trying to school me on "errors" calls the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, REVELATIONS..... right off the bat, well it is time for me to turn off the video. I learned better than to make that novice mistake at about 8 years of age.

"ByGrace", Enoch111 and justbyfaith like this.
  7. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I can know her by her fruit....fruit-loops!!!

Oh, oh, look, the S is missing from alway...

LOL
    WOT

God Bless
    Merry Christmas
    Taken

8. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm a bit freaked out honestly. I want to tally it up to anxiety, but outside the Bible everything seems different and I am seeing changes in the Bible. PLEASE correct me here. This is example one:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    Genesis 3:15 KJV

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
    Romans 16:20 KJV

Genesis 3:15 and Romans 16:20 No, Satan's head will be CRUSHED not bruised. And since when is Christ referred as "IT"

Not just translation either. No. It is changed.

9. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Now I do see other versions with crush, but I don't see how the original KJV doesn't say this.

And by the way isn't it "froot loops" not "fruit loops." (Cereal)

I'm just a bit loopy. Everything seems different since I first was told about this and saw Bernstain instead of Bernstein Bears. I mean I'm seeing a doctor Monday, because if anything I know this anxiety is not of God. KJV/logos/movie lines... A list of over a hundred things that are different. Is my memory really all that bad. But the Bible strikes me the hardest. Because I may like NASB more, but I grew up reading KJV. The church I came to know Christ at read out of KJV. I don't remember a lot of these wordings.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 9:33 PM
  10. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    But this is why I put this under Christian Theology. I want to go back and just double check some of these questionable verses I think are different. I am not a Theologian. But if I really have read the Bible wrong I want to know. But if it is changed, I want to make sure what is written on my heart is correct.

It is not really to talk about the Mandela Effect, because I am seeing things differently and how do you debate that. But I don't know Greek and Hebrew. And I ha e memorized a lot of scripture over the years, but in various versions. If it is bruise the head, where did the KJV get that?

I know this is sounding insane. When my anxiety calms down a couple hundred notches, if I still believe this, it still will be insane...but my entire memory is just a mess and I know that the Enemy attacks me quite a bit. I have a daughter and can't afdord to fall off the deep end. Please keep me in prayer . :(

11. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Why don't you post those verses instead of a link which means nothing? What does the Bible have to do with Mandela? This looks like a Satanic attack on Scripture.

The KJV has remained the same since it was published in 1611, barring changes to spellings, punctuation, and other items which are of no great consequence. I could show you a comparison if you wish. And the KJV was the sole English Bible for over 300 years.

Mayflower likes this.
  12. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Okay. Can we start with Genesis 3:15. Was it always "bruise the head" which means completely different then "crush the head to me.

13. Enoch111

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    וְאֵיבָ֣ה ׀ אָשִׁ֗ית בֵּֽינְךָ֙ וּבֵ֣ין הָֽאִשָּׁ֔ה וּבֵ֥ין זַרְעֲךָ֖ וּבֵ֣ין זַרְעָ֑הּ ה֚וּא יְשׁוּפְךָ֣ רֹ֔אשׁ וְאַתָּ֖ה תְּשׁוּפֶ֥נּוּ עָקֵֽב
    ה֚וּא () can be translated as he, she, or it. We don't know why "it" was selected in 1611, and the Geneva Bible also has "it", but the King James 2000 Bible has that word as "he".

King James 2000 Bible
    And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

And "shall bruise" is correct according to the Hebrew תְּשׁוּפֶ֥נּוּ* (tə-šū-p̄en-nū).

*Strong's Concordance
    shuph: to bruise
    Original Word: שׁוּף
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: shuph
    Phonetic Spelling: (shoof)
    Definition: to bruise

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 9:54 PM
  14. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm going to try and understand the Hebrew/Greek here. I wrote down a list the second time I watched it, because my anxiety has sky rocketed. I started with Deuteronomy 12:20 about eating flesh. Though confusing, I do see in context about animals.

Were "wineskins" always "bottles?"

And what about the ten commandments written on tables? How does that come out of tablets. 15443273733861825680735.jpg

15. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    1544327411208820295588.jpg

16. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Can we just make this more a Bible study on understanding scriptures from the KJV to spare my sanity for now? Because this has blown my mind. All of it. And I need to cling to God right now and just study.

17. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What about "crush" though? Crush and bruise have two different meanings. I was always told KJV was word for word.

18. Enoch111

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Please see my revised post. Bruise is accurate although the spiritual meaning is crush as explained elsewhere.

Mayflower likes this.
  19. Enoch111

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    You are getting all excited about a storm in a teacup. So what you should do is invest in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance (KJV hard copy) and check out its Bible dictionary, supplemented with Thayer's Greek Lexicon.

In the meantime, IGNORE ALL ATTACKS ON THE KJV.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  20. Mayflower

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I can see why it would be easy to misunderstand the KJV if it always has read this way. I have to remember I know what the Word of God means. Maybe the original translation I just don't and I have a horrible memory and seeing everything twisted. I get into so much trouble looking into things.