Mark 1:1-10 Verse by Verse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello My name is Matthew Gallagher; This is my introduction to Mark and going over Mark 1:1-10. This is my very first try and attempt at by worshiping God in spirit and in truth that you will see some benefit in spending just about 20 minutes here with me today, for a great message about the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you so much, and may God give the increase to you and your faith and your individual relationship with him now today.

Deut 10:17 ; “For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality, nor take a bribe.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello My name is Matthew Gallagher; This is my introduction to Mark and going over Mark 1:1-10. This is my very first try and attempt at by worshiping God in spirit and in truth that you will see some benefit in spending just about 20 minutes here with me today, for a great message about the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you so much, and may God give the increase to you and your faith and your individual relationship with him now today.

Deut 10:17 ; “For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality, nor take a bribe.

Hi Matt, in your quest to worship God with spirit and truth, may I ask if you think the verse you posted (Deut 10:17) was altered during translation? If so, do you see any danger in that?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I applaud you rspirit and heart at wanting to do this.

But commenting on a commentary of the book of Mark? what is your purpose?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I applaud you rspirit and heart at wanting to do this.

But commenting on a commentary of the book of Mark? what is your purpose?
Do not people comment on the comments of people on this forum every day?
How does that differ from commenting on what a man or men have written in a commentary? What is the purpose of any discussion about what is written in the Bible? What do I see? What do you see? Does what God sees differ on any point?

Reactions: Azim and Nancy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not people comment on the comments of people on this forum every day?
How does that differ from commenting on what a man or men have written in a commentary? What is the purpose of any discussion about what is written in the Bible? What do I see? What do you see? Does what God sees differ on any point?

Yes that is called people having a discussion/debate. But this appears to be his attempt to hold a bible study and I am just curious as to why comment on a commentary of the verses. Stop being so mystical. It is a simple question posed to the OP.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To help and encourage faith and truth to others. In looking at scripture and it’s context.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is called people having a discussion/debate. But this appears to be his attempt to hold a bible study and I am just curious as to why comment on a commentary of the verses. Stop being so mystical. It is a simple question posed to the OP.
Mystical? What do you mean by that?

I thought I was pointing out that while his approach might be different ultimately it seems not so different from what a lot of other people on this forum are doing.

Well we will have to wait for @MatthewG own response, but I believe that people are led to do things here as anywhere. The question perhaps to ask or answer in our own minds or our hearts, is who is leading? Who is leading him to present these things and who is leading us to consider these things?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use the book bibleoverview to establish who is the author, and some background information on the book of Mark then move forward on commenting verse by verse going scripture by scripture and help build a case a long the way of what is being said.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To help and encourage faith and truth to others. In looking at scripture and it’s context.

then talk about the scripture itself. and what the Lord has shown you on the matter of His Grace and Truth.

if we wanted to watch youtube video's, we'll go there.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is some information about the holy spirit, if anyone is interested.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG
You gave out some good information , but you made a couple of negative faith statements with no basis for them. You may believe them but does Jesus or Paul or any of the anointed writers of scripture teach them?

"...According to your faith be it unto you....". Faith that we cannot?

"No faith in miracles nor in speaking in tongues today...All of that is in the past, all done" and so forth!

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Is God in us working or not? If He is why would we limit Him by saying it cannot be done now?

In another place you say, "None of that makes sense to me"! Must it make sense to you for it to be of and/or from God? Do you know all of God's ways? I certainly do not!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" Isaiah 55:8-9

Reactions: Azim

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without scriptures can you just tell me what it is you are telling me, @amadeus just be straight forward.

You gave out some good information , but you made a couple of negative faith statements with no basis for them.

What are the negative faith statements I had made with no basis for them?

That would help me a lot, if you explain them please.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without scriptures can you just tell me what it is you are telling me, @amadeus just be straight forward.

You gave out some good information , but you made a couple of negative faith statements with no basis for them.

What are the negative faith statements I had made with no basis for them?

That would help me a lot, if you explain them please.
No miracles and no tongues today! You said it near the beginning of your video.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep that is what I believe. I was thinking about making an open statement of my beliefs as an intro video; so people will understand my view point. I believe we live in a day of fulfillment. That everything that the Lord Jesus Christ said, came and did; was done. And He already returned and got the first church bride of believers back then in their day and during their generation. I believe it would be extremely difficult to replica the church back then in today’s modern time with such a vast variety of different beliefs and the first church was the one whom had to keep themselves pure holy and unblemished. I believe that Jesus Christ had victory over Satan and his demons but that doesn’t mean darkness still exist today especially in a person who is spiritually dead and not alive to the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ who makes us spiritually alive by and through faith on Him and learning the promises of God in this life we all freely have access to God by and through the Lord Jesus Christ with no jurisdiction of man having authority over you and any others persons relationship with God which is individual and believe that the ultimate goal for us as Christians is to live for God and love.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep that is what I believe. I was thinking about making an open statement of my beliefs as an intro video; so people will understand my view point. I believe we live in a day of fulfillment. That everything that the Lord Jesus Christ said, came and did; was done. And He already returned and got the first church bride of believers back then in their day and during their generation. I believe it would be extremely difficult to replica the church back then in today’s modern time with such a vast variety of different beliefs and the first church was the one whom had to keep themselves pure holy and unblemished. I believe that Jesus Christ had victory over Satan and his demons but that doesn’t mean darkness still exist today especially in a person who is spiritually dead and not alive to the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ who makes us spiritually alive by and through faith on Him and learning the promises of God in this life we all freely have access to God by and through the Lord Jesus Christ with no jurisdiction of man having authority over you and any others persons relationship with God which is individual and believe that the ultimate goal for us as Christians is to live and love.

Oh my!
Well that is it then for the Body of Christ and five-fold ministry and the quickening of the Holy Spirit.
Difficult to replicate? What is too hard for God?

"For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?" Matt 9:5

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God desires for us to seek him, and to learn and understand Him. He wants us to grow and learn. As for us people we make things difficult but I believe there was a group of first church believers who were under extreme persecution that will never be replicated again. Though some say history repeats itself but I don’t believe it will happen ever again like they went through.

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.