Mark 16:9-20

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no denying that lately my faith seems fragile. Last night as I was speaking with my husband about my struggles he mentioned how David would mark a wall for all the times God would speak to him or lift him up when David fell on his face. I wasn’t familiar with those passages. Immediately I went to search for this of David because there was comfort in the thought that I’m not the only one who struggles and needs reminding. I never did find the passage concerning David, but by putting in a collection of words including ‘Mark’...the fragility of my faith deeped.

According to some articles that came up in google search (Mark 16:9-20) is not in the original text: “...And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. [19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. [20] And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them , and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”

Apparently there are at least four alternate endings to Mark and the most favoured long version being added by scholars later. Man favoured this new ending so much it caught on quickly and is the one most use today. (According to other sources)This was disturbing when I’m already struggling. There are scholars here, that know far more than I ever could about the original manuscript. Another verse said to be added later Is Luke 9:55-56 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [56] For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them . And they went to another village.

Two very important(critical) passages we debate over constantly...? Does anyone have understanding of the original script and how these fit? Are they there?

D

Dave L

There is no denying that lately my faith seems fragile. Last night as I was speaking with my husband about my struggles he mentioned how David would mark a wall for all the times God would speak to him or lift him up when David fell on his face. I wasn’t familiar with those passages. Immediately I went to search for this of David because there was comfort in the thought that I’m not the only one who struggles and needs reminding. I never did find the passage concerning David, but by putting in a collection of words including ‘Mark’...the fragility of my faith deeped.

According to some articles that came up in google search (Mark 16:9-20) is not in the original text: “...And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. [19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. [20] And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them , and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”

Apparently there are at least four alternate endings to Mark and the most favoured long version being added by scholars later. Man favoured this new ending so much it caught on quickly and is the one most use today. (According to other sources)This was disturbing when I’m already struggling. There are scholars here, that know far more than I ever could about the original manuscript. Another verse said to be added later Is Luke 9:55-56 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [56] For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them . And they went to another village.

Two very important passages...? Does anyone have understanding of the original script and how these fit?
This happens several times in various passages. But if the passage harmonizes with the rest of scripture it probably belongs. How can translators say it doesn't exist because they don't have it in their possession?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This happens several times in various passages. But if the passage harmonizes with the rest of scripture it probably belongs. How can translators say it doesn't exist because they don't have it in their possession?

I don’t know...that is why I’m asking.

D

Dave L

I don’t know...that is why I’m asking.
I always go by how the passage in question harmonizes with the rest of scripture. Also, in one case I found ancient writings referring to a passage the "pros" said is not in the original.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always go by how the passage in question harmonizes with the rest of scripture. Also, in one case I found ancient writings referring to a passage the "pros" said is not in the original.

That is why it was so disturbing for me. They do harmonize and the Spirit has spoken quite often on those passages...

D

Dave L

That is why it was so disturbing for me. They do harmonize and the Spirit has spoken quite often on those passages...
I go by the KJV mostly, which is the most complete. And supplement it with the rest using them as commentaries.

D

Dave L

I believe God controls all right down to the movement of every atom. So I assume he wanted the KJV to be our bible or he would not have provided it. The other translations help understand the old English phraseology, so I use them too. But if it is in the KJV, I believe God intended it to be.

Reactions: Acolyte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Two very important(critical) passages we debate over constantly...? Does anyone have understanding of the original script and how these fit? Are they there?
i remem doing a similar study, seems like i recall pretty much all of the concepts have a witness somewhere else in Scripture, but fwiw imo this is generally being read way too literally, from a logical pov, etc. But briefly, is a passage that bugs you mirrored in any other Scripture? Could the passage be more ambiguous than whatever tranny you're reading be letting on? have you Lexed It iow? And also when seeking commentary, you might find some that comments dialectically, iow you'll invariably find some "for" and some "against," pretty much all of the Big Boys, the most deceived iow, but if you search enough you'll also find some "we don't know, but ________." if that makes any sense. Pay the most attn to the last imo

my sense there is that a gratuitous passage was scribed in, despite the fact that the central concepts can be witnessed, sort of, in other passages.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does anyone have understanding of the original script and how these fit? Are they there?
Yes. I have read and studied The Last Twelve Verses of Mark by Dean John William Burgon, and you should do the same. The Bible for Today provides reprints of this book, as noted below:

"This present book is filled with dynamite in its impact! Dean John William Burgon has amassed overwhelming evidence from manuscripts, lectionaries, ancient versions, and church fathers proving the genuineness of the last twelve verses of Mark!

In the 350 pages of this book, Dean Burgon has proved that Mark 16:9-20 (the last twelve verses of Mark), is a genuine part of Mark's Gospel about which we should have no doubts whatsoever! A thorough grasp of Burgon's methodology of textual criticism such as is exhibited in these pages will convince the honest reader to reject the false conclusions regarding these twelve verses (and other verses as well) which have been accepted by the NASV, the NIV, the RSV, the NRSV, the NEB, TEV, CEV, and the other modern versions!

If indeed, as Dean Burgon shows clearly, "B" (Vaticanus) and "Aleph" (Sinaiticus) are in serious error here, they can not be trusted elsewhere either! The manuscripts, the lectionaries, the ancient versions, and the quotations from the church fathers all unite to show that Mark 16:9-20 was in Mark's Gospel from the very beginning!

The text of this Burgon Reprint is based on a complete photographic reproduction of Burgon's 1871 Last Twelve Verses of Mark. The reprint publisher has post-scripted Burgon's work with a Thirty-four paged summary--"Dean John William Burgon's Vindication of the Last Twelve Verses of Mark" written by D. A. Waite, Th.D, Ph.D. # 1139)"

[ To order any of our DBS publications Please Click Here ]

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Mark 16:9-20 is genuine Scripture and must be accept as such. The so-called alternative endings are bogus.

Indeed Codex Sinaiticus -- upon which modern critics rely heavily in order to corrupt the Bible -- has a blank space which corresponds exactly to the space required for those twelve verses.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I choose simply not to allow myself to be robbed of what the Holy Spirit would like to say to me in verses and words that are taken out of modern, watered-down translations.

I consider that the holy scriptures are a source of spiritual wealth and blessing.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I've never heard of David 'marking a wall' - it isn't in the Bible, that's for sure. But it may be a Jewish tradition.

The history of the Bible manuscripts is quite fascinating and worth looking up. What it boils down to is: we don't have the originals, only copies. It is possible for copiers to make mistakes - either leaving things out or putting extra things in. Also, manuscripts can get damaged. It's quite possible that the original ending of Mark's gospel got torn off, so that was why other endings (probably similar, but not identical) got added to it at a very early stage. We're pretty certain that Mark himself didn't write ch 16 v9-20 - but that doesn't mean that it isn't true! The same applies to another familiar passage (John 8:1-11) - it isn't in the oldest manuscripts of John's gospel, and John probably didn't write it, but that doesn't mean that it isn't true!

There are lots of places (especially in the Gospels) where phrases and sentences that were originally only in one gospel got added to the same story when it appears in another gospel. These additions are found in later manuscripts but not earlier ones, and modern Bible translations usually leave them out (or put them in footnotes). Other verses (e.g. Luke 9:55-56; John 5:4; I John 5:7) are also later additions, probably as explanations. They don't change anything that we believe.

I appreciate that it can be a bit unsettling to discover that the Bible text isn't as 'fixed' as you might think. Scholars are currently confident that the text of modern Bible versions is as close to the original as it's possible to get; but there's always the possibility that a new discovery of an even older manuscript may cause a few small details to be changed. However, be assured that nothing has ever been discovered that makes a difference to what Christians believe.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is, the actual original manuscripts are lost to us. So there is no telling as to what is closer to the originals; only conjecture.

So, in my own reading, I will hold as inspired the things that are considered to be "extra" by those who decided to take out certain portions. The worst that can happen to me is that the plagues in the book of Revelation will be added to me.

But if I remove portions of scripture in my mind, the consequences are more deadly.

Rev 22:19, And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I have read and studied The Last Twelve Verses of Mark by Dean John William Burgon, and you should do the same. The Bible for Today provides reprints of this book, as noted below:

"This present book is filled with dynamite in its impact! Dean John William Burgon has amassed overwhelming evidence from manuscripts, lectionaries, ancient versions, and church fathers proving the genuineness of the last twelve verses of Mark!

In the 350 pages of this book, Dean Burgon has proved that Mark 16:9-20 (the last twelve verses of Mark), is a genuine part of Mark's Gospel about which we should have no doubts whatsoever! A thorough grasp of Burgon's methodology of textual criticism such as is exhibited in these pages will convince the honest reader to reject the false conclusions regarding these twelve verses (and other verses as well) which have been accepted by the NASV, the NIV, the RSV, the NRSV, the NEB, TEV, CEV, and the other modern versions!

If indeed, as Dean Burgon shows clearly, "B" (Vaticanus) and "Aleph" (Sinaiticus) are in serious error here, they can not be trusted elsewhere either! The manuscripts, the lectionaries, the ancient versions, and the quotations from the church fathers all unite to show that Mark 16:9-20 was in Mark's Gospel from the very beginning!

The text of this Burgon Reprint is based on a complete photographic reproduction of Burgon's 1871 Last Twelve Verses of Mark. The reprint publisher has post-scripted Burgon's work with a Thirty-four paged summary--"Dean John William Burgon's Vindication of the Last Twelve Verses of Mark" written by D. A. Waite, Th.D, Ph.D. # 1139)"

[ To order any of our DBS publications Please Click Here ]

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Mark 16:9-20 is genuine Scripture and must be accept as such. The so-called alternative endings are bogus.

Indeed Codex Sinaiticus -- upon which modern critics rely heavily in order to corrupt the Bible -- has a blank space which corresponds exactly to the space required for those twelve verses.

Thank you. I will look it up.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is rather lengthy...I copied and pasted the content rather than provide the link....It explains a lot about Mark 16:19-20
The Mark 16:9-20 Debate
spacer.png

Home > The Mark 16:9-20 Debate

Believe it or not, some Bible scholars believe that Mark 16:9-20 is not supposed to be a part of our Bibles! They say it was added... I say God wanted it there... and it can be easily proven. This is a work of Satan to take apart God's Word, and cause doubt and confusion. Let's leave behind the confusion and doubt and realize how sleezy and pathetic their weak argument really is!

How did they come up with this?
Their big argument is based upon the fact that there are three really old Greek manuscripts (Sinaiticus, Vaticanus & Alexandrian) that are highly respected in the eyes of many merely for their age and two of them (Sinaiticus & Vaticanus) don't include verses 9 through 20 in Mark 16. Sinaiticus doesn't include verses 9 through 20 at all, while Vaticanus doesn't include them either, but Vaticanus leaves space for them at the end of Mark for it (where it was omitted!). The Alexandrian on the other hand, does include all these verses. Some people assume that since two of these respected manuscripts omit verses 9 through 20, that it must have been lost and somebody made up these verses. A very weak argument to say the least.

Satan has tried to question and cast doubt upon the validation of God's Word from the very beginning (Genesis 3:1), and this is just another prime example of the enemy's tactics at work today.

What they don't want you to know
While there are a small handful of Greek manuscripts that omit these verses, there are thousands of other Greek manuscripts that include them! Furthermore, both of these primary Greek manuscripts used in their argument have been through heavy modification by gnostics (cult members) to tamper with scripture to make it support their teaching. These manuscripts have left out massive amounts of scripture! Each of these two corrupt manuscripts have thousands of omissions in the 4 gospels alone! Not to mention, the Vaticanus has left out dozens of entire chapters in the Bible!

Basing any kind of argument on such corrupt manuscripts makes a very weak argument indeed!

It makes it easy to believe that they were removed from those manuscripts, when there were so many other omissions as well. It also makes it hard to argue that they were added to other manuscripts, when that argument is based upon such corrupt texts that is known for it's omissions.

Satan has been trying to challenge God's word from day one! What makes us think he's not trying to do the same thing today?

Proof you can't ignore
Here's the straw that broke the camels back in my opinion. Before 200AD, none of our three oldest manuscripts existed. Before any of these manuscripts were written, there were several very well known individuals in the early church, who have quoted many Bible verses that were cut out of of the Sinaiticus and Vaticanus in their writings. There's ample proof alone from these writings that the ending of Mark was indeed in place in the original manuscripts. One good example is where Irenaeus of Lyons, who knew the apostle John personally, around 100AD wrote, "But Mark in the end of his gospel says, 'And the Lord Jesus, after that He had spoken to them, was received up into heaven, and sat at the right hand of God.'" Without further to say, I believe this is hard proof that the ending verses of Mark were indeed a part of the Bible long before those 2 ancient manuscripts were even written!

Backing found elsewhere in scripture
For readability sake, I quoted the Mark verses in bold, and below I explain how I feel those statements were backed up elsewhere in scripture.

Verse 9) Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

John 20:1-13 tells us that Mary Magdalene was the first one that Jesus appeared to after rising from the dead.

Verse 10) And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.

John 20:18 tells us that she went and told the rest of the disciples.

Verse 11) And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

Luke 24:11 tells us that the rest of disciples didn't believe her when she told them that the Lord has risen.

Verse 12) After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

Luke 24:13-15 tells us that two of them were walking along talking, when suddenly Jesus appeared to them.

Verse 13) And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.

Luke 24:35-38 tells us how the rest of them didn't really believe that Jesus appeared to the two.

Verse 14) Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Luke 24:35-41 tells us how He appeared to the 11 of them, and got onto them for their unbelief.

Verse 15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matthew 18:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."

Verse 16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

John 3:18 tells us that he who believes will not be condemned, but he who doesn't believe will be condemned. Acts 2:38 tells us to repent and be baptized for the remission of our sins. Notice that this verse in Mark doesn't say that if you aren't baptized, you won't be saved. It simply puts baptism along side believing, both of which are preached elsewhere in scripture. I believe the believing part is what makes a person saved, and the baptism part is preached elsewhere in scripture as a recommendation for new converts.

Romans 10:9-10 also teaches something 'beyond belief' for salvation: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." I believe this is where the sinner's prayer comes in, because it gives the person that opportunity to confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus.

Many other verses in the early church preach and practice water baptism. Water baptism (baptism unto repentance) is preached in Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16 and Acts 10:48, and it was practiced in the early church in Acts 19:5, Acts 18:8, Acts 16:15, Acts 16:33, Acts 9:18, Acts 8:38, Acts 8:12-13 and Acts 2:41.

Verse 17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Believers casting out devils is backed up by John 14:12, when Jesus said that those who believe will do the works He did (and casting out devils was a big part of what He did). I believe Jude 1:20 helps back up the part on tongues when it tells believers to be building themselves up by praying in the Holy Ghost. Praying in the Spirit and tongues is clearly linked in 1 Corinthians 14:14-15.

Verse 18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The first part, about taking up serpents, etc. is either referring to spiritual protection, or physical protection... or maybe both!

Physical protection can be backed up with Acts 28:3-6, when Paul got bitten by a deadly viper, and it did not harm him at all.

Spiritual protection could be backed up with Luke 10:19, where Jesus told His disciples that they will tread on serpents and scorpions and nothing by any means will harm them.

Healing the sick is one of the works that Jesus did, and said that we would do the works He did and greater in John 14:12.

Verse 19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

He ascended into heaven after speaking to them also took place in Luke 24:51. Acts 2:33 tells us that Jesus went and sat at the right hand of God.

Verse 20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Hebrews 2:4 speaks of God confirming the Word with signs and wonders.

Conclusion
It blows me away how God has had His hands on the Bible, and has provided us with the KJV that we have today! Despite what the gnostics tried to do, God had plenty of other manuscripts that didn't come off of the Sinaiticus and Vaticanus available, so that the Word of God would be preserved and bypass the tampering that was done to some of our oldest scrolls!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have faith, VictoryinJesus, God will not have anyone be ignorant of the truth of His Word...that is why He gave us the Holy Spirit.....
1 John 2:27
Study Bible
Continue in Him
…26I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His TRUE and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught. 28And now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears, we may be confident and unashamed before Him at His coming.
Cross References
Proverbs 28:5
Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD comprehend fully.

Jeremiah 31:34
No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more."

Matthew 13:11
He replied, "The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.

John 6:45
It is written in the Prophets: 'And they will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from Him comes to Me--

John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever--

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

1 Corinthians 2:12
We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.

2 Corinthians 1:21
Now it is God who establishes both us and you in Christ. He anointed us,

1 Thessalonians 4:9
Now about brotherly love, you do not need anyone to write to you, because you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another.

Hebrews 8:11
No longer will each one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest.

1 John 2:20
You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

His Word assures us that He is the one teaching and guiding us into the knowledge of His Truth.....I always pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open my understanding to the scriptures before I ever begin reading them.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Perhaps, what King David did was that he journalised his journey with God. How do we know this? By the Psalms that are attributed to King David. Poems and songs written by King David to remind himself of the times that God had been with him through his struggles.

If we can go back and read our life's journey in a journal of some description, then we will remind ourselves of the times that God was there for us.

Our journals become a point of reflection about God and of His being with us at all times, even when we feel low in the spirit as David wrote, even when I am in the shadow of the second death, you are with me and you lift me up.

I am not suggesting that you need to have a journal, but we all need to reflect on our life and the times that we felt the closeness of God. I know it helps me to lift my spirit up as I recognise all of the times that God was there fore me when I was not really there for God. Our reflection on our journey will lift us up and carry us into the heavenly places as we reflect on all of the Good Time with God Praising Him for what He has already done for us and all of the promises that He has made to us.

Shalom

PS: - Now with respect to your Question. Be patient and wait for God to reveal to you what He wants you to know about Himself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It doesn't matter.

The words are spirit, and whether it is written one way or another, it means the same to those who receive it spiritually.

It is a mistake/snare to go the way of the lawyers and Pharisees who's god is not the Spirit, but is idol words on parchment given to confound men without faith.

The branches are many, as are the tongues, but the root and the vine are One.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, what King David did was that he journalised his journey with God. How do we know this? By the Psalms that are attributed to King David. Poems and songs written by King David to remind himself of the times that God had been with him through his struggles.

If we can go back and read our life's journey in a journal of some description, then we will remind ourselves of the times that God was there for us.

Our journals become a point of reflection about God and of His being with us at all times, even when we feel low in the spirit as David wrote, even when I am in the shadow of the second death, you are with me and you lift me up.

I am not suggesting that you need to have a journal, but we all need to reflect on our life and the times that we felt the closeness of God. I know it helps me to lift my spirit up as I recognise all of the times that God was there fore me when I was not really there for God. Our reflection on our journey will lift us up and carry us into the heavenly places as we reflect on all of the Good Time with God Praising Him for what He has already done for us and all of the promises that He has made to us.

Shalom

PS: - Now with respect to your Question. Be patient and wait for God to reveal to you what He wants you to know about Himself.
Hebrew: ספר
Transliteration: sâphar
Pronunciation: saw-far'
Definition: A primitive root; properly to scorewith a mark as a tally or {record} that {is} (by implication) to {inscribe} and also to enumerate; intensively to {recount} that {is} celebrate: - {commune} (ac-) {count} {declare} {number} + {penknife} {reckon} {scribe} shew {forth} {speak} {talk} tell ({out}) writer. The word declare in the Hebrew is used many times it can have several meanings. I wish I’d kept a journal over the years or even marked his victories on a wall, to have an account. This would be a wonderful way to restore faith at those trying times

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrew: ספר
Transliteration: sâphar
Pronunciation: saw-far'
Definition: A primitive root; properly to scorewith a mark as a tally or {record} that {is} (by implication) to {inscribe} and also to enumerate; intensively to {recount} that {is} celebrate: - {commune} (ac-) {count} {declare} {number} + {penknife} {reckon} {scribe} shew {forth} {speak} {talk} tell ({out}) writer. The word declare in the Hebrew is used many times it can have several meanings. I wish I’d kept a journal over the years or even marked his victories on a wall, to have an account. This would be a wonderful way to restore faith at those trying times
What is the strong number root word for this Hebrew word?