Mark of the Beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History must correspond to Revelation! Here is the truth regarding the mark of the beast.

Is the World about to End? - Part 8 - Mark of the Beast

Is the World about to End? - Part 9 - Mark of the Beast

The Mark of the Beast Fulfilled

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@truth333

Well I will maybe read this thread...but sadly I am put right off with you statement "Here is the truth regarding the Mark of the beast."

Now... If I had a $ for every time I have heard this in my 56 years in Christianity.

Good luck on this thread...I will keep my eye on it..and see what "other Truth" is posted here. :)

Bless you!

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I will maybe read this thread...but sadly I am put right off with you statement "Here is the truth regarding the Mark of the beast."

It seems that you are implying that there is no absolute truth but only relative truth, that of everyone walking around in their own ideas, believing in themselves. That is the definition of confusion. Imagine if all detectives in the world, ignored the evidence and just concluded based upon their own ideas, based upon nothing.

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never attaining to the knowledge of the truth."

Human history must correspond with Revelation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems that you are implying that there is no absolute truth but only relative truth, that of everyone walking around in their own ideas, believing in themselves. < snip> .

YES!
So I am guessing you chose your avatar because you believe that YOU, have all your beliefs correct and right! :rolleyes:

Do you realize how many of “you” are around Christian sites, that are convinced that they have everything locked down and “correct”...

Have at it!

Reactions: Richard_oti

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I am guessing you chose your avatar because you believe that YOU, have all your beliefs correct and right!

You make conclusions referring to an avatar? Really? You said YES!, which means you prefer confusion.

Imagine if 9 baseball players, on a baseball field, played the game of baseball, according to their own ideas, instead of following the rules of the game of baseball? It would be a farce and mass confusion.

Instead of unity in the one game of baseball, you would have 9 men playing 9 different games of baseball on one field. This is why there are well over 35000 denominations of protesters.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

It seems that you are implying that there is no absolute truth but only relative truth, that of everyone walking around in their own ideas, believing in themselves. That is the definition of confusion. Imagine if all detectives in the world, ignored the evidence and just concluded based upon their own ideas, based upon nothing.

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never attaining to the knowledge of the truth."

Human history must correspond with Revelation.

You can believe in absolute truth and agree with the statement about ' history must correspond with revelations ' and still have reactions to people stating , here is the truth....... The issue lays with interpretation and claiming that ' this truth, this person interpretation ' must be the correct one. If you look into the list of threads and read many of the debates on here you will discover many who claim the absolute truth with regards to end times, and equally claim that what they post is the correct interpretation of our times in relation to revelations ect.
So, in that context , I totally get what ByGrace has said.
I totally believe that History must , and will, correspond to Revelation, and I equally believe that there are many things happening now that could line up- but even in my short Christian life of 37years I have heard many different interpretations linked to events and people in revelations, and of course someone is going to get it right one day, but, for me, I often find myself wondering why there is just so much obsession with trying to work it all out. The book of revelations is a book of hope for me, it's the end of the story, it's there to relay to me that God is in control and He wins.
Please do not get me wrong, i do delve into the book, for some reason I am always drawn to the seven churches and how God sees them - that has always been a wake up call to me. God sees so much more than we do in what we do collectively ....... Sorry I am wondering off topic.
Butterfly

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You make conclusions referring to an avatar? Really? You said YES!, which means you prefer confusion.

Imagine if 9 baseball players, on a baseball field, played the game of baseball, according to their own ideas, instead of following the rules of the game of baseball? It would be a farce and mass confusion.

Instead of unity in the one game of baseball, you would have 9 men playing 9 different games of baseball on one field. This is why there are well over 35000 denominations of protesters.

Well, when I heard that the Beast is of human form, in that the beast is an empire made up of a number of nations around the Mediterranean Sea I switched off, knowing that after one minute of listening to the video the rest of the video would not bring any enlightenment. Oh well, perhaps time will show the error in this series of videos.

Reactions: Helen

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but, for me, I often find myself wondering why there is just so much obsession with trying to work it all out.

There is a reason for this, God says to watch and not sleep as the worldlings do. Man must behave according to God's commandments and avoid the occasions of sin [temptations] and also to always watch for the signs. And the reason why many people are focused on the Apocalypse is because the signs are overwhelming.

Matthew 26:41 Watch ye, and pray that ye enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh weak.

Matthew 24:42-44 Watch ye therefore, because ye know not what hour your Lord will come. But know this ye, that if the goodman of the house knew at what hour the thief would come, he would certainly watch, and would not suffer his house to be broken open. Wherefore be you also ready, because at what hour you know not the Son of man will come.

Is the World about to End? (2nd Edition)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark of the Beast, hear all of these before. thumbs down.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can believe in absolute truth and agree with the statement about ' history must correspond with revelations ' and still have reactions to people stating , here is the truth....... The issue lays with interpretation and claiming that ' this truth, this person interpretation ' must be the correct one. If you look into the list of threads and read many of the debates on here you will discover many who claim the absolute truth with regards to end times, and equally claim that what they post is the correct interpretation of our times in relation to revelations ect.
So, in that context , I totally get what ByGrace has said.
I totally believe that History must , and will, correspond to Revelation, and I equally believe that there are many things happening now that could line up- but even in my short Christian life of 37years I have heard many different interpretations linked to events and people in revelations, and of course someone is going to get it right one day, but, for me, I often find myself wondering why there is just so much obsession with trying to work it all out. The book of revelations is a book of hope for me, it's the end of the story, it's there to relay to me that God is in control and He wins.
Please do not get me wrong, i do delve into the book, for some reason I am always drawn to the seven churches and how God sees them - that has always been a wake up call to me. God sees so much more than we do in what we do collectively ....... Sorry I am wondering off topic.
Butterfly

The fact will always remain the same. Those who reject the truth, they will use excuses like misinterpretation, taken out of context etc because the truth cannot be refuted. Men, when given the truth, they, who prefer walking in their own footsteps, they don't like having their consciences disturbed. And so, for the sake of preservation of a false conscience, the only thing to do, is attack the truth with misinterpretation, taken out of context etc.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It doesn't matter what you think. This is for those who may be looking for the truth, regarding biblical history.

As I said before ...now that is where it all hangs doesn't it?.
You state that what you post is 'the truth.'

At best we can say is that what we believe is indeed the truth.
You don't have any more assurance that what you have chosen to believe..yes, chosen to believe..is any more closer to the truth than the next man who has also looked into the subject.

It is much safer to say..." I believe that this is the truth."

Just saying.

B

Butterfly

There is a reason for this, God says to watch and not sleep as the worldlings do. Man must behave according to God's commandments and avoid the occasions of sin [temptations] and also to always watch for the signs. And the reason why many people are focused on the Apocalypse is because the signs are overwhelming.

Matthew 26:41 Watch ye, and pray that ye enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh weak.

Matthew 24:42-44 Watch ye therefore, because ye know not what hour your Lord will come. But know this ye, that if the goodman of the house knew at what hour the thief would come, he would certainly watch, and would not suffer his house to be broken open. Wherefore be you also ready, because at what hour you know not the Son of man will come.

Is the World about to End? (2nd Edition)
The verses you have quoted, well in context they were given to the disciples 2,000 years ago- they were as relevant to them as they are to us, but we know that they did not as yet have the revelations we have. The command to 'watch ' is relevant throughout our Christians lives, just as it was for the disciples, we should be on our guard always because the time is unknown.
Jesus also relays that we ' should not be surprised ' by events in the world unfolding, not because we should not be aware, but because we should not be afraid - fear opens the door to many things. The book of revelations enables us not to be surprised.
As I said in my post, I do read revelations, but I am more focused on the bigger picture than
trying to work out who is who ect. I am not going to apologise for taking that approach.
Butterfly

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said before ...now that is where it all hangs doesn't it?.
You state that what you post is 'the truth.'

At best we can say is that what we believe is indeed the truth.
You don't have any more assurance that what you have chosen to believe..yes, chosen to believe..is any more closer to the truth than the next man who has also looked into the subject.

It is much safer to say..." I believe that this is the truth."

Just saying.
Mrs. Confusion, suffers from relativism. I bet you actually believe that 1 + 1 could be 3.

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The verses you have quoted, well in context they were given to the disciples 2,000 years ago- they were as relevant to them as they are to us, but we know that they did not as yet have the revelations we have."

Butterfly, what revelations do we have that the disciples did not have because Revelation ended with the death of the last Apostle, St. John of the Apocalypse.

"Jesus also relays that we ' should not be surprised ' by events in the world unfolding, not because we should not be aware, but because we should not be afraid - fear opens the door to many things."

You say that Jesus says that we should not be afraid?

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation."

Psalms 110:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. A good understanding to all that do it: his praise continueth for ever and ever.

B

Butterfly

The fact will always remain the same. Those who reject the truth, they will use excuses like misinterpretation, taken out of context etc because the truth cannot be refuted. Men, when given the truth, they, who prefer walking in their own footsteps, they don't like having their consciences disturbed. And so, for the sake of preservation of a false conscience, the only thing to do, is attack the truth with misinterpretation, taken out of context etc.
You are well within your rights to judge my words as an excuse - and to claim that I am rejecting truth , but it does not mean that your assessment of me, or anyone else here, is right. If I was claiming that the book of revelations was a load of rubbish that could not be believed, well that would be rejecting truth. However that is not what I am saying, you have not grasped what I have conveyed.
The aspect of your post about conscience, you do realise that anyone can fall into that trap, I am actually very open about being challenged by a disturbed conscience .............
I have watched a few of the videos you have posted, they are interesting, but I have seen many videos, heard many sermons about ' the beast ' and ' the mark of the beast ' ect and they all have different interpretations of ' who ' the beast is ect. In the first video it mentions the pope - and his name in Greek making up the number 666( mark of the beast ) and it mentions the euro being the prophecy about buying and selling. I have heard many times about the EU being relevant, from different speakers over the years......
The speaker does use the word ' could be ' - which is not a definate - this is the point I was raising, this speaker could be right about all that he conveys, it's certainly plausible, but in our own context of time we cannot be completely sure until there is further unfolding that falls in line...... and that is where I keep an open mind. This speaker is offering up his interpretation of things within the times we live and weighing them up with revelations - you cannot be 100% sure that he is the one that has got it right , not yet. Not when their are countless other interpretations about who the beast is ect
Butterfly

B

Butterfly

You say that Jesus says that we should not be afraid?

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation."

Psalms 110:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. A good understanding to all that do it: his praise continueth for ever and ever.
This is a different kind of fear, being afraid is not the same as having a respectful fear of the Lord.
The fear I am talking about is looking at world events unfolding and being thrown by it all, to the point of being afraid.
Butterfly

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are well within your rights to judge my words as an excuse - and to claim that I am rejecting truth , but it does not mean that your assessment of me, or anyone else here, is right. If I was claiming that the book of revelations was a load of rubbish that could not be believed, well that would be rejecting truth. However that is not what I am saying, you have not grasped what I have conveyed.
The aspect of your post about conscience, you do realise that anyone can fall into that trap, I am actually very open about being challenged by a disturbed conscience .............
I have watched a few of the videos you have posted, they are interesting, but I have seen many videos, heard many sermons about ' the beast ' and ' the mark of the beast ' ect and they all have different interpretations of ' who ' the beast is ect. In the first video it mentions the pope - and his name in Greek making up the number 666( mark of the beast ) and it mentions the euro being the prophecy about buying and selling. I have heard many times about the EU being relevant, from different speakers over the years......
The speaker does use the word ' could be ' - which is not a definate - this is the point I was raising, this speaker could be right about all that he conveys, it's certainly plausible, but in our own context of time we cannot be completely sure until there is further unfolding that falls in line...... and that is where I keep an open mind. This speaker is offering up his interpretation of things within the times we live and weighing them up with revelations - you cannot be 100% sure that he is the one that has got it right , not yet. Not when their are countless other interpretations about who the beast is ect
Butterfly

After reading you comments, you seem to be in a spiritual fog. You are not able to discern anything. You can't arrive at the truth.

I recommend that you continue researching www.vaticancatholic.com
Refuting Protestantism - YouTube

truth333

Dec 22, 2017
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a different kind of fear, being afraid is not the same as having a respectful fear of the Lord.
The fear I am talking about is looking at world events unfolding and being thrown by it all, to the point of being afraid.
Butterfly

The only reason why worldlings are afraid of world events is because they realize that they are not prepared to meet God, to be judged. And this is why I cited "work out your salvation in fear and trembling". No man should be presumptuous about their salvation. Even the angels will tremble in the sight of the judge, Jesus Christ.

B

Butterfly

After reading you comments, you seem to be in a spiritual fog. You are not able to discern anything. You can't arrive at the truth.

I recommend that you cont
Lol - believe what ever you want x
Butterfly