Mary had a son

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” 27 Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.

Now this is the disciple that followed Jesus to the cross. I often wonder if this is Jesus spelling out the mother of the church. Or simply the mother of the disciple that Jesus loved?

I believe in a heavenly mother and see her as Mary. The Catholics also believe this.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” 27 Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.

Now this is the disciple that followed Jesus to the cross. I often wonder if this is Jesus spelling out the mother of the church. Or simply the mother of the disciple that Jesus loved?

I believe in a heavenly mother and see her as Mary. The Catholics also believe this.
It appears as Joseph wasn't there to take care of his wife by that time for whatever reason. More than likely Mary was a widow.

When Jesus raised the widows only son in Nain, is similar in that regards.