Master/Teacher

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Job 23: 12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

This post is under testimonies because that is what this is: a testimony of Jesus Christ. It is not my testimony; it is His and I pray it stirs the encouragement of love. Let us begin with the work place and a common. stale attitude, for self. Bickering erupts amongst laborers over who does the majority of the work. "I deserve the better position." "I deserve the cleaner and easier job because I work the hardest "I deserve the better pay." "I deserve the promotion." Everything is geared toward "self advancement". No place is immune: Hospitals, hotels, cotton mills, fast food chains...Churches. There, where many spend a majority of their time in an atmosphere of: rivalry, strife, resentment, quarreling, backbiting, disloyalty, and defeat. As a result faces bear no smiles, only a sense of obligation and struggle to make it through yet another mundane day of service.

The mentality: Do your hours and go home. Next day, do it all over again. Robotic steps for a paycheck. With no acknowledgment or a thank you. I get it. It grows tiresome and striving for a better position with better pay and less hours becomes the only thing that gets us through another day.

What if there is another way? What if what is lacking is a display of "the Master". What would happen if someone began to occupy their time with how to promote others lower than them instead of self? What if the attitude was "give another person the better position." "give another person the cleaner and easier job" "give them the better pay." "Give them the promotion." On Klove, they mentioned someone starting a trend at a fast food drive through by paying for the food of those in car in line behind them. They said; this show of "giving" went on for four hours. Each following car giving also in gratitude to the car behind them.

How do you behave in the work place? Do you complain that you do not get enough? Do you complain about unfairness? Do you promote others? Do you promote those in a weaker position, those beaten down by defeat. Do you give up your seat? Do you long to see someone other than you, bounce out of bed and eager to go to work because, TODAY, someone demonstrated to them that...LOVE is not dead but alive and abounding?

Jesus was the: "Master"
Master means "TEACHER" .
Are you a teacher?
Are you an example of the Master?

Luke 14:11 says "For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

I consider Jesus who did indeed humble himself to the lowest position, as servant. In that position of humility, Jesus was strambled on, taken advantage of, and mocked: but yet I would not consider that weakness. Do you agree with me that Jesus Christ demonstrated profound strength, in weakness? Jesus never lost power; Jesus gave it.

Ad.jpg

If you belong to Christ. You have been given Power. The greatest and highest power: The Holy Ghost. That power is not in raining down fire on everyone. The power of Christ rest in : Meekness. Humility. Self-sacrifice. Love. That is the true power of this world. Scriptures says: "shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?"

Supportive scripture:

Luke 16:15 KJV
[15] And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

1 Corinthians 6:4-5 KJV
[4] If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. [5] I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
(Is there not a man among you that is least esteemed to be judge between his brethren?)

James 2:5-8 KJV
[5] Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? [6] But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? [7] Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called? [8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Who is our neighbor; is NOT only those we choose to love. WHO is your neighbor? How do you display this outside of the comfort of "self advancement". Do you only love those you deem worthy of love?

Luke 14:8-14 KJV
[8] When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; [9] And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. [10] But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. [11] For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. [12] Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee. [13] But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: [14] And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

They are NOT teachers/master or an examples to be followed:
Matthew 23:2-7 KJV
[2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. [4] For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. [5] But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, [6] And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, [7] And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Deuteronomy 32:15 KJV
[15] But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness ; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
abraham-lincoln-power-quotes-nearly-all-men-can-stand-adversity-but-if-you-want-to.jpg
hmm

Reactions: pia and Pisteuo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dog eat dog.jpg

Makes me think of this saying of ruthlessness. And how we are to be different than the world.

Reactions: pia

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lincoln's perspective on determining character in a person does this?

I am sorry, that was probably a REALLY poor choice following Abraham’s Lincolns profound quote. But yes, the other quote entered my mind also. Why? Because Abraham Lincoln made me think of character revealed by power and the greatest teacher/Master that has ever walked among us: the LORD in the flesh, Jesus Christ.

Luke 16:20-21 KJV
[20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, [21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

Mark 7:27-29 27But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs. 28And she answered and said unto him, Yes, LORD: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs. 29And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

There is master/teacher: Jesus Christ.
There is another master/teacher: the world.
Opposite messages of character revealed through power.

The LORD (All Powerful) came to; not be served but to serve.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, i see what you mean. Funny that Lincoln, an "atheist," seems to nonetheless be referring to the 1st system though, huh
I really don't believe he was an atheist. I believe he saw through the facade put up by so many organized churches, which were as bad or worse than the church they left in the Reformation to get away from... This to me depicts a better reason why he would not join any church. None of them showed him any thing really worth joining himself to... With God it was quite another thing... but most of his biographers probably only wrote according to their own sifting of his words through their experiences and beliefs.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't believe he was an atheist. I believe he saw through the facade put up by so many organized churches, which were as bad or worse than the church they left in the Reformation to get away from... This to me depicts a better reason why he would not join any church. None of them showed him any thing really worth joining himself to... With God it was quite another thing... but most of his biographers probably only wrote according to their own sifting of his words through their experiences and beliefs.

In other words you have no reason to believe Lincoln was a Christian, but you would rather believe it.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words you have no reason to believe Lincoln was a Christian, but you would rather believe it.

Stranger
On the contrary, not having known him personally I give him the benefit of a doubt. You could be right and all of the writers about him wrong, for I admit to having a bias in his favor.

In contrast see for example my own feelings with regard to Jane Fonda under "Who's Interpretation is True?" on this forum. I don't want to condemn her for I don't really know her story. The problem that with what I do know, I have also have little interest in really hearing her story.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, not having known him personally I give him the benefit of a doubt. You could be right and all of the writers about him wrong, for I admit to having a bias in his favor.

In contrast see for example my own feelings with regard to Jane Fonda under "Who's Interpretation is True?" on this forum. I don't want to condemn her for I don't really know her story. The problem that with what I do know, I have also have little interest in really hearing her story.

But what is there to make you think Lincoln was a Christian? Just because of the good quote you read? An advice he did not follow by the way.

Stranger

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
ya, i see what you mean. Funny that Lincoln, an "atheist," seems to nonetheless be referring to the 1st system though, huh

for the way of the master teacher via google see [Basics of Biblical Evangelism/Part 2] - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what is there to make you think Lincoln was a Christian? Just because of the good quote you read? An advice he did not follow by the way.

Stranger
I admitted I was biased. Leave it at that. I am not an expert on Lincoln but his observation agrees with my own.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admitted I was biased. Leave it at that. I am not an expert on Lincoln but his observation agrees with my own.

That's fine. But it is very important when you identify someone as Christian but have nothing to prove that they are, other than what you know of them politically. His political observations agree with you? So he must not be an atheist.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine. But it is very important when you identify someone as Christian but have nothing to prove that they are, other than what you know of them politically. His political observations agree with you? So he must not be an atheist.

Stranger
Why is my opinion on him so important? He is gone and his judgment is as I see it, one way or the other, is complete. I am not his judge.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is my opinion on him so important? He is gone and his judgment is as I see it, one way or the other, is complete. I am not his judge.

Because most people believe just like you. Lincoln was the salt of the earth. Sent straight down from heaven to make the US right and rid the country of slavery. This is why he is taken the place as the 'father of the country' instead of the rightful owner George Washington. But ole George had slaves. So, Lincoln must be our representative now.

I am not asking you to be his judge. Just be honest with the facts you know.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because most people believe just like you. Lincoln was the salt of the earth. Sent straight down from heaven to make the US right and rid the country of slavery. This is why he is taken the place as the 'father of the country' instead of the rightful owner George Washington. But ole George had slaves. So, Lincoln must be our representative now.

I am not asking you to be his judge. Just be honest with the facts you know.

Stranger
I am not purposely dishonest on these things. I like many others have been brainwashed on many things as you have been. I know and admit that I am still wrong on many things, but at this point in my course I have not the time nor ability to correct them all. I try each day to put them back in the hands of God where they belong.

You [personal you], my friend, can never become an overcomer alone. You can never improve obtain or improve your vision of othe things of God alone. You [personal you] will waste your life away if you keep trying. Am I getting to personal? I sincerely apologize if I have done so unnecessarily, but you have pushed as if you were either trying to do a quick fix or a quick condemnation on me for my errors. That is really not your job any more than it is mine to point out your errors.

Now let us leave this alone and give God the glory for all the the good that He has done! Praise His name!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not purposely dishonest on these things. I like many others have been brainwashed on many things as you have been. I know and admit that I am still wrong on many things, but at this point in my course I have not the time nor ability to correct them all. I try each day to put them back in the hands of God where they belong.

You [personal you], my friend, can never become an overcomer alone. You can never improve obtain or improve your vision of othe things of God alone. You [personal you] will waste your life away if you keep trying. Am I getting to personal? I sincerely apologize if I have done so unnecessarily, but you have pushed as if you were either trying to do a quick fix or a quick condemnation on me for my errors. That is really not your job any more than it is mine to point out your errors.

Now let us leave this alone and give God the glory for all the the good that He has done! Praise His name!

If you want to present your errors on a forum, then don't be surprised when you are called on them. Why should I give God glory for your error? Does that make me 'spiritual'. If you want something left alone, then don't present it on a forum.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to present your errors on a forum, then don't be surprised when you are called on them. Why should I give God glory for your error? Does that make me 'spiritual'. If you want something left alone, then don't present it on a forum.

Stranger
You need to talk to the Lord my friend and let where you are coming from be revealed to your own heart.

Reactions: Frank Lee