MATTHEW 10:6 GO TO THE LOST SHEEP

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus, in his earthly ministry, ministered only to the house of Israel. Jesus, throughout the gospels was fulfilling the law and the prophets. There was a wall of partition between the Jews and Gentiles at this time. Only Israel is the lost sheep. Romans 15:8 Luke 24:44 Ephesians 2:14 Jeremiah 50:6

10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

This gospel of the kingdom was only to be preached to Israel at this time. This is the earthly kingdom promised to Israel. Matthew 3:2 Matthew 4:17

10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

In Matthew 10:9 and 10:10 they were commanded not to take purses or scrip, but in Luke 22:36 below, they were now commanded to do so. We can learn that there are divisions in the word of God that must be discerned. God has differing instructions and dealings with mankind throughout time; we must rightly divide God's word to know them.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Reactions: soul man

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We ALL as sheep have gone astray. The sheep are not exclusively as one kind of people. Jesus is the Shepherd of all His sheep.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We ALL as sheep have gone astray. The sheep are not exclusively as one kind of people. Jesus is the Shepherd of all His sheep.
CORRECT,
John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd".

Matthew 25:31 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Matthew 25:32 "And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Matthew 25:33 "And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Matthew 25:34 "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world".

PICJAG.

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
nonetheless imo there is a point in there, don't give pearls to swine is maybe another way to say it
I think Israel is separated there, but we get a better def of "Israel" later in not all who are born Israel are of Israel

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nonetheless imo there is a point in there, don't give pearls to swine is maybe another way to say it
I think Israel is separated there, but we get a better def of "Israel" later in not all who are born Israel are of Israel
not saying you are right or wrong. years ago, I was taken aback by that term "First", as in Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:17 "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith".
or this scripture,
Romans 2:9 "Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Romans 2:10 "But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
it seems to me that the "JEW" got first choice. but I started to notice something. "to every one that believeth", or "every soul of man" , or "to every man that worketh good".
then everytime it was to the "Jew" First. ......... not to the "JEWS" first, but to the JEW First. then the scriptures which I had read a many of times, GAME CHANGER, Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God".

Who is a Jew or Jews?......

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo in that context they would be "not Greek," iow not logical thinkers, even though many, many "Jews" had slipped into Greek (logical) thought at that point
true, but Romans 2:28 & 29 negate that thinking.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to you perhaps, but imo a diff comparison is being made there? To salvation by works v faith?
that's your opinion, which everyone is entitle to, but Salvation is the goal.

PICJAG

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not saying you are right or wrong. years ago, I was taken aback by that term "First", as in Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:17 "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith".
or this scripture,
Romans 2:9 "Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Romans 2:10 "But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
it seems to me that the "JEW" got first choice. but I started to notice something. "to every one that believeth", or "every soul of man" , or "to every man that worketh good".
then everytime it was to the "Jew" First. ......... not to the "JEWS" first, but to the JEW First. then the scriptures which I had read a many of times, GAME CHANGER, Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God".

Who is a Jew or Jews?......

PICJAG.

I'm not sure what the problem is. In the Old Testament the children of Israel were God's chosen people. This is why they could only eat clean meat which before they existed was only used for sacrifices to God and represented the children of Israel's separation from the rest of the nations (Gentiles), but Noah could eat all living creatures - "everything that moved" - just not the blood. And before Noah, man and animals were all vegetarians.

Leviticus 20:24 But I have said to you, “You shall inherit their land, and I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the Lord your God, who has separated you from the peoples. 25 You shall therefore distinguish between clean animals and unclean, between unclean birds and clean, and you shall not make yourselves abominable by beast or by bird, or by any kind of living thing that creeps on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine.

This is why the gospel went to the children of Israel first. Jesus was a sign to them. Basically a two edges sword.

Luke 2:

“Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against 35 (yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”

Romans 11 shows that because of the majority of the children of Israel (the natural olive branch) did not accept their Messiah, the gospel was opened now to the Gentiles (at which time, the unclean meats were now cleansed (not only as accepting those people, but the meat they represented as well) 1 Timothy 4:4 "For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."

Reactions: mjrhealth

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus, in his earthly ministry, ministered only to the house of Israel.
That should be *primarily*, not *only*. In the Gospel of John, the first group to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ were the despised Samaritans.

And this ministry to the lost sheep of Israel is now purely historic. Just before His ascension, Christ made the whole world His field (as already noted in the parable of the Sower).

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (Acts 1:8)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that passage Paul was speaking about true spiritual Jews vs all the others. But Israel is Israel -- the twelve tribes.
ERROR, Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God".

John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him".

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Old Testament the children of Israel were God's chosen people.
there was many who was chosen of God, and was worshipping God and was not any of the children of Israel .

Romans 11 shows that because of the majority of the children of Israel (the natural olive branch) did not accept their Messiah, the gospel was opened now to the Gentiles (at which time, the unclean meats were now cleansed (not only as accepting those people, but the meat they represented as well) 1 Timothy 4:4 "For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."
yes, they was to come, Isaiah 42:6 "I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isaiah 49:6 "And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
SALVATION DON'T STOP AT ISRAEL.

PICJAG.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CORRECT,
John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd".

Matthew 25:31 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Matthew 25:32 "And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Matthew 25:33 "And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Matthew 25:34 "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world".

PICJAG.
John 10:16 Israel, the nation, is the fold of sheep; Israel was being led by religious leaders that were rejecting their Shepherd, Jesus; Jesus would bring in the other sheep, the little flock, the believing Jewish remnant. Jeremiah 23:1-5

Matthew 25 is about the coming of The Lord Jesus Christ, at which time, he will judge which nations, based on how they blessed Israel in the tribulation, will enter the kingdom.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus would bring in the other sheep, the little flock, the believing Jewish remnant. Jeremiah 23:1-5
the little flock was already in, and the omly one's left, it's called the "small remnant". Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah".

PICJAG

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the little flock was already in, and the omly one's left, it's called the "small remnant". Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah".

PICJAG
Yes, the little flock, is the believing remnant of Israel.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the little flock, is the believing remnant of Israel.
first thanks for the reply, Good, for there are sheep that is not of this "little remnant". John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd".

PICJAG.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, Good, for there are sheep that is not of this "little remnant". John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd".

PICJAG.
the little flock was already in, and the only one's left, it's called the "small remnant". Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah".

Yes, the little flock, is the believing remnant of Israel, there was always a believing remnant, as you conveyed in Isaiah 1:9. See Romans 11:4-5

Now, you said "there are sheep that is not of this "little remnant". Who are these sheep?

I understand the other sheep are the scattered little flock, who will be gathered from all the nations, and brought into the fold, to become one fold. Jesus is speaking of making Israel and Judah one nation. The nation of believing Israel.