MATTHEW 21:43 A FOOLISH NATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? Genesis 18:18

Israel is the nation; the Gentiles are the nations.

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. Exodus 19:6

Israel was to be a holy nation.

Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. Matthew 21:43

The kingdom would be taken from the nation Israel, and given to the holy nation of Israel that produced fruit.

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Romans 9:6

Only the Israel of God, the holy nation, will inherit the kingdom. Only the holy nation is Israel.

They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation. Deuteronomy 32:21

Israel was to be provoked by a foolish nation which are NOT a people.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. 1 Peter 2:9-10

Peter is talking to the Israel of God, a holy nation, which were not a people, but are now the people of God.

But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. Romans 10:19

The foolish, holy nation of Israel, the remnant.