MATTHEW 25:30 THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The Lord Jesus Christ is describing the kingdom of heaven. The promised Davidic kingdom on earth promised to the Israel of God, the little flock. Revelation 5:10 Luke 12:32

It is only the righteous Jew that will enter the kingdom of heaven. It is only the profitable Jew who will enter. The unprofitable Jew will not enter the kingdom, but will be cast into outer darkness: outer darkness is not hell.

The outer darkness is often mistaken for hell. Outer darkness is described as weeping; in the verse below hell is described as wailing.

Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The Lord Jesus Christ is describing the kingdom of heaven. The promised Davidic kingdom on earth promised to the Israel of God, the little flock. Revelation 5:10 Luke 12:32

It is only the righteous Jew that will enter the kingdom of heaven. It is only the profitable Jew who will enter. The unprofitable Jew will not enter the kingdom, but will be cast into outer darkness: outer darkness is not hell.

The outer darkness is often mistaken for hell. Outer darkness is described as weeping; in the verse below hell is described as wailing.

Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:24 KJV
[24] Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

Tecarta BibleDo you see Jesus as a hard man, reaping where he hasn’t sown?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 25:24 KJV
[24] Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

Tecarta BibleDo yo see Jesus as a hard man, reaping where he hasn’t sown?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s also interesting in this parable that all the servants say Lord, but Jesus refers to him as their lord. LORD LORD!??

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is only the profitable Jew who will enter. The unprofitable Jew will not enter the kingdom, but will be cast into outer darkness: outer darkness is not hell.

You said “it is only the profitable Jew who will enter.” —there is only one profitable Jew ...Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: [29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You said the only profitable Jew who will enter. —there is only one profitable Jew
Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: [29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Good verse there; in our local church we are looking at Galatians and time and again Paul warns them not to slip back into ceremony and law-keeping.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And what other good news gospel do you have!!! :D

Reactions: Marymog

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You said “it is only the profitable Jew who will enter.” —there is only one profitable Jew ...Romans 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: [29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

AMEN...very well said. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the OP was by Doug...

Yes, I know...but what are we supposed to be discussing?
It just seemed like a stand-alone statement to me...not an OP discussion.

So, tell me. :)

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe their “lord” referenced is the flesh. In other references they say Lord Lord! He says I never knew you. This word knew is the same used as when Adam knew his wife
Thanks for the response.

Anyway, the theme of some threads is readily obvious; the theme of certain others sometimes seems to take time to emerge.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just can’t see Jesus as a hard man

I have always believed that if a person is harsh and had themselves, they judge others harsh and hard...I "think" the man was judging God!!!
( as many seem to do today!!! )
I believe that is why God answered him as he did...in the mans same perception of Him.

The one verse that always sticks with me is.
"With the same measure you measure ( others) it will be measured to you .."

Matt 7:2 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I think that is the heart of that verse about God being a hard master...

This angry hell-fire destroying God that so many talk about , is not the God that I know or see. I think those people stand on dangerous ground.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't see that the Tecarta commentary is particularly accurate, unless it was just designed as a point for discussion.

Well, as Doug in the OP did not direct this thread toward any real discussion...I guess we that that are here are free to discuss almost anything!! :D

Reactions: Nancy