MATTHEW 3:7 WRATH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

The wrath to come are the events of the great tribulation and the day of the Lord, in which, Israel will be turned from ungodliness, refined and purified, and will turn to the Lord.

Matthew 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

In the tribulation, apostate, unbelieving Israel, will be seperated from the believing Israel of God.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

The church, the body of Christ, has been delivered from the coming wrath of God.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The church, the body of Christ, has been delivered from the coming wrath of God.
Every generation needs to respond to this challenge, Just because our parrents are Christian or our Grandfather was a preacher etc does notmake us a Christian.

Yes the 'church' the body of believing Christians are saved, those who live yesterday, today or will live tomorrow and who have not responded will not be saved.
"the axe is laid unto the root of the trees:" it will be.

Reactions: Acolyte

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every generation needs to respond to this challenge, Just because our parrents are Christian or our Grandfather was a preacher etc does notmake us a Christian.

Surely it works the other way also. I mean, those raised without Christ in their family can be Christian. Or am I just fooling myself. Bad tree, bad fruit? :(

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Surely it works the other way also. I mean, those raised without Christ in their family can be Christian. Or am I just fooling myself. Bad tree, bad fruit? :(

Every generation needs to respond to the gospel.
Just because one lives in a barn does make one a horse, so living in a Christian family doesn;t make one a Christian.
The axe is a warning that judgement is coming.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
People can indeed be converted from an unbelieving background. Everyone needs to be truly converted, whatever the background...

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess I should lighten up on my family. My mom is a believer. Grace is confusing at times, as some use it to do whatever, although hers wasn't as much doing sinful things as not leading us to the light.
Thank our Father in heaven, we are in the same book.. just not the same page.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Guess I should lighten up on my family. My mom is a believer. Grace is confusing at times, as some use it to do whatever, although hers wasn't as much doing sinful things as not leading us to the light.
Thank our Father in heaven, we are in the same book.. just not the same page.
It's a really good and important ministry, praying for family members...