May I be Bold For A Moment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would happen if we all were to look back over our posts, and then delete every place were we give an unflattering description of someone else?

You're just not . . .

You're too . . .

You always . .

You know.

So that the post . . .

When are you going to try reading your Bible? You just want to stay stupid. John 3:16 says God loves us. You can ignore it if you want. You don't even know the Spirit. You just twist God's words. You should just stop talking.

Becomes . . .

John 3:16 says God loves us.

Any benefit?

Let your gentleness be known to all?

Much love!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What would happen if we all were to look back over our posts, and then deleted every place were we give an unflattering description of someone else?

You're just not . . .

You're to . . .

You always . .

You know.

So that the post . . .

Becomes . . .

Any benefit?

Much love!

Good point and a bit of an OUCH!!

I know that I have some. :oops:
I try to not allow my irritation to show...but I know I do sometime- 'let a person know what I really think'...

...especially if I see them on someone else's case...then I step in to try and show them how unreasonable they are...and I probably fall into the same trap with attitude.

Im happy when a thread is reasonably smooth and polite with it disagreements... but there are always the 'one or two' who tend to 'get nasty'.

Attacks against what a person says, is allowable on the site...but attacks against their character and person is against the rules.
Some people cannot separate the person themselves from what the person believes.

Your Topic..."Can I be bold for a moment"

My answer is ...Mark, you can be bold for as long as you like .
Go for it bro!! :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The thing is, I don't just delete a line or two here and there, I sometimes go back and delete the whole post!

:eek:

Sometimes thinking . . . "I hope no one saw that!"

:oops:

Okay Mr Wisdom... agree you may have done in days gone by...but this has been my issue (in the thread I started in the Help Desk area) named 'POSTINGS'

None of us can access our own history , I have no idea where or when I posted what!!! When we go to our profile pages and click on "postings" we USED to get down a drop menu which , if we are patient, we can scroll back years to our very first post!! But, it has not works for weeks now. And STILL not fixed!!:(

It is very annoying .. @lforrest @Angelina Does the owner need money or what? o_O

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us can access our own history , I have no idea where or when I posted what!!!
Gee, I just tested it, you're right!

That's sure inconvenient!

You can use the search box at the upper right . . .

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gee, I just tested it, you're right!

That's sure inconvenient!

You can use the search box at the upper right . . .

Someone, who is also a member of the owners other site...said the same thing has happened there too.
The Willie T checked both sites out and found the owner had not paid for something or other.

I will be VERY sad if we lose this site...and lose contact with members.

I wont join another site ...I only like this one...been on many over 18 years.
At it's worst....this is the best.
Hope this ship isn't sinking!!!!!! :eek:

( lets wake Jesus up... :) )

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone, who is also a member of the owners other site...said the same thing has happened there too.
The Willie T checked both sites out and found the owner had not paid for something or other.

I will be VERY sad if we lose this site...and lose contact with members.

I wont join another site ...I only like this one...been on many over 18 years.
At it's worst....this is the best.
Hope this ship isn't sinking!!!!!! :eek:

( lets wake Jesus up... :) )

I've been on forums for 20 years or so, and I only do one at time. The first one became so overrun with anger I left. The second one was very active a long time, but in recent years has slid further and further till there are only a few active members.

I'm really hoping to not have to move again. In the kind of wistful, Oh I hope I hope!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello marks,

Or do we show our gentleness and forbearance by forgiving and loving those whose posts irritate us...

Peace be with you!

Did you ever hear Rich Buhler on the radio? He did a radio call in show called Talk from the Heart on a local radio station, KBRT.

He had an incredible ability to sift through the most wild and disjointed ravings - I'd listed to a caller, and wonder, how did this nutter get on the air? Rich would let them go on for a while, and then would reach into the morass, and ask a question, or make a comment, and the next thing you know he's having this deep spiritual discussion, in what I would have thrown in the trash.

He had this real gift to see past all the nonsense that I'd get all distracted by, to find a real gem to build with, and would then edify the caller, and edify me.

I miss him! He went to the Lord in 2012.

much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would happen if we all were to look back over our posts, and then delete every place were we give an unflattering description of someone else?

You're just not . . .

You're too . . .

You always . .

You know.

So that the post . . .

Becomes . . .

Any benefit?

Much love!
Unfortunately, even though your heart is in the right place, much of these conflicts are much like God's plan including the crucifixion of Christ: It's ugly, but the truth manifest unto judgement.

As much as I believe that however, it is better if we try to do good and to avoid conflict...and it is my desire to do so as well.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, even though your heart is in the right place, much of these conflicts are much like God's plan including the crucifixion of Christ: It's ugly, but the truth manifest unto judgement.

As much as I believe that however, it is better if we try to do good and to avoid conflict...and it is my desire to do so as well.
Hi Scott,

I agree that some conflict is good, just the same, we're to be known for our love for each other, and I question whether that is what comes across.

We can have conflict, but do we have to be mean to each other?

But yes I suspect you are right, offenses will come. Just the same . . .

Much love!

Reactions: ScottA