Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure how I feel about medical marijuana but I have 3 family members (age 24-78) all of which suffered some kind of chronic disease....one of them was taking 5 blood pressure medications and they still couldn't get her blood pressure under control.
She has been taking medical marijuana in a liquid form and her blood pressure has been normal for.the past 8 months......
The other 2 members suffered chronic fibromyalgia and neuropathy......and had to stay on strong pain medication in order to just get around the house.
Now both are off the pain meds and strictly take medical marijuana in gummie form.

I asked God how can something like marijuana cure or treat so many ailments....yet cause so many problems?

Now I am not advocating for anyone to start using it...I am just so naive about it and would like some input.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If it's legal it's all fine :p well ? :oops:.

Well Drugs are drugs regardless if prescribed or not, one must be carful of such things or you can die, my baby brother about 3yo got into my mums medical cabinet and he could of easy died from such and most people do have something in the home that could kill a child.
But if one had a bag of dope sitting about a baby could not die eating it and not could you, my mum and dad never smoked dope but they smoked something much more harmful called Marlboro.

Dope back in the 80's was fine, the only problem was people who may lace it with something other for one and their is a percentage of people who are obsessive compulsive disorder types who should never drink alcohol or any such things ever, then their are people who should never drink Rum because their body can not deal with such, they can drink beer and all is fine.

People take drugs or Alcohol excessively because they have a problem that's truly behind doing such.

The badly drug addicted will claim that they smoke dope, but they will not be so open about all the rest of the total garbage that they take, so dope gets the bad wrap for everything.
People have been smoking dope for thousands of years American Indians and South America etc had it in their cultures I believe.

As to God making plants, well many are toxic but at times of the year you can eat or to eat such you have to know how to as to the does and do not, our Aboriginals had a lot of such things like that so they could survive. they knew when or how to. even some fish we have here you don't eat some types at a time of the year or you can maybe die or you will not be able to eat some foods for years because you ate that fish at the wrong time of the year. Look at the Japs the idiots eat toad fish but just one cutting such 1mm too close will kill whoever eats such and many do die every year even with the best skilled in such dishing it up.
You eat the wrong berry not knowing that another looks just like it and your dead and just like eating mushrooms you have to know what you are truly picking. so if you don't know what you are truly doing you can be in big trouble.

The dope nowadays is rubbish it's to powerful and if it's grown under lights it's a no no as well.

Never try to experiment with drugs is the key to all drugs that have not been tested and understood totally. like the Covid Jab that's insane, because it's a hugely experimental thing that's way out their experimental that's never been done before. it's an all totally new experimental concept, not to mention that such could have the potential to undermine your own natural immunity system.

Dope got a real bad rap due to all the no hoppers layabouts in the 60's and so such put fear into society was going to crash with to many low life.
My children thought that all people in the 60's were smoking dope, due to the schooling system now peddling such rubbish, I said no not at all they were a minority were I come from by far and biggest majority of such were by far TV people, Band's and the media types and layabout lefty's, no one who truly had a moralistic work ethic or was right wing would do dope ever back then, they would want to run such out of town. they lived in fear of such as them degenerates lounging around on the dole squandering off the tax payers. That's Joe Biden's mob, oblivious to reality's.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not sure how I feel about medical marijuana but I have 3 family members (age 24-78) all of which suffered some kind of chronic disease....one of them was taking 5 blood pressure medications and they still couldn't get her blood pressure under control.
She has been taking medical marijuana in a liquid form and her blood pressure has been normal for.the past 8 months......
The other 2 members suffered chronic fibromyalgia and neuropathy......and had to stay on strong pain medication in order to just get around the house.
Now both are off the pain meds and strictly take medical marijuana in gummie form.

I asked God how can something like marijuana cure or treat so many ailments....yet cause so many problems?

Now I am not advocating for anyone to start using it...I am just so naive about it and would like some input.

It is probably one of those things that can be used for good and bad, the dark side of marijuana has definitely received plenty of publicity and has been linked to drug cartels, drug smugglers, crime, gangs, wild nights out, witch doctors have even used it on others while doing their rituals.

I don't think we were ever meant to smoke things.

For medical purposes though, I guess if it can save a live, be used to treat illnesses then it is probably fine.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the 70s, I smoked weed. I wanted it legalized. That was then...this is now.
It is now legal where I live. One is even allowed to grow some for their personal use.
I live with 2 smokers. One uses it instead of opiates and benzodiazepines so I guess that's good.
The other day I stuck my head outside to get some fresh air and all I could smell was weed!
I am sick and tired of weed! Weed this, weed that, weed on bus stops, weed on road signs!
Oh brother! I want to put Jack back in the box, but he just won't fit!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the 70s, I smoked weed. I wanted it legalized. That was then...this is now.
It is now legal where I live. One is even allowed to grow some for their personal use.
I live with 2 smokers. One uses it instead of opiates and benzodiazepines so I guess that's good.
The other day I stuck my head outside to get some fresh air and all I could smell was weed!
I am sick and tired of weed! Weed this, weed that, weed on bus stops, weed on road signs!
Oh brother! I want to put Jack back in the box, but he just won't fit!
LOL... You forgot to mention all the pot shops suddenly opening up... Here in my city... we have
about 8 of them... and 3 on the RESERVE.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bramsterdam is a favorite here. I wish I'd never heard of the stuff.
I'm not anti-pot smokers...it's just that they obsess over a plant.
I call it their precious!
I worship God, not ganja, for crying out loud!
Weed in the grocery store...and beer!
They need to make a mask that filters out weed smoke!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bramsterdam is a favorite here. I wish I'd never heard of the stuff.
I'm not anti-pot smokers...it's just that they obsess over a plant.
I call it their precious!
I worship God, not ganja, for crying out loud!
Weed in the grocery store...and beer!
They need to make a mask that filters out weed smoke!
My niece's husband works at a pot store... and oh my goodness... it's a language all in itself...
I am not a smoker... I have been to places where they do smoke... and I can't stand the smell either...
Thankfully here where I live... no one smokes.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pain med? It's a pain, alright! They probably put it in dog food so the dogs will eat more Lol

Reactions: shortangel

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is probably one of those things that can be used for good and bad, the dark side of marijuana has definitely received plenty of publicity and has been linked to drug cartels, drug smugglers, crime, gangs, wild nights out, witch doctors have even used it on others while doing their rituals.

I don't think we were ever meant to smoke things.

For medical purposes though, I guess if it can save a live, be used to treat illnesses then it is probably fine.
Yes this is what I am trying to work out in how I view it.
To me it shouldn't be both good and bad....but then again food can be both good and bad....hmmmm

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've been following a lot of the research. Over 100 cannabanoids, each of them with multiple benefits to the human body.

It seems the physical negative effects happen to the young, and that use during development is detrimental. But after that, it seems to be an all-around effective medicine.

As far as I can tell, typical drugs work by "tricking" the body into compensating for something. So that when you have high blood pressure because the body's signalling (endocrine) system is malfunctioning (missing transmitters), the doctor gives you a pill that blocks the receipt of a chemical that causes the arteries to constrict, so they don't, and the pressure stays lower. Cannabis works by supplying the endocrine system so it signals correctly. Pressure is regulated at it's source. It seems it does a lot of things like that.

Anti-inflammatories block the inflammation response. Cannabis moderates the inflammation response. And like that.

And as my doctor always says, everything has side effects, you just have to pick the right one with the side effects that you can live with.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been following a lot of the research. Over 100 cannabanoids, each of them with multiple benefits to the human body.

It seems the physical negative effects happen to the young, and that use during development is detrimental. But after that, it seems to be an all-around effective medicine.

As far as I can tell, typical drugs work by "tricking" the body into compensating for something. So that when you have high blood pressure because the body's signalling (endocrine) system is malfunctioning (missing transmitters), the doctor gives you a pill that blocks the receipt of a chemical that causes the arteries to constrict, so they don't, and the pressure stays lower. Cannabis works by supplying the endocrine system so it signals correctly. Pressure is regulated at it's source. It seems it does a lot of things like that.

Anti-inflammatories block the inflammation response. Cannabis moderates the inflammation response. And like that.

And as my doctor always says, everything has side effects, you just have to pick the right one with the side effects that you can live with.

Much love!
Oh that is excellent information! Thank you!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look if you live with terrible chronic pain, ingesting cannabis oil is better than taking doctor prescribed opiates that can ruin your life(in my opinion). That being said God hates it. He told me that. It is a diseased plant. But it’s corruption can help with the effects of the fall. The physical problems that can happen to people. It helps relax muscles and gives cancer patients hunger. One interesting thing I also heard in the spirit is it was called incense. Imagine that. What better way to anger God than to have people smoke his corrupted plants made for incense. The smoke rising to heaven, angering him.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh that is excellent information! Thank you!
If you look up all the strains... and the amazing things they can do by mating certain plants ... it really has become a science...
and there seem to be a lot of medicinal properties... It's quite interesting... I get free lessons when I pay attention to the conversations
at my niece's house... Usually I just get a glazed over look and think about puppies... LOL

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look if you live with terrible chronic pain, ingesting cannabis oil is better than taking doctor prescribed opiates that can ruin your life(in my opinion). That being said God hates it. He told me that. It is a diseased plant. But it’s corruption can help with the effects of the fall. The physical problems that can happen to people. It helps relax muscles and gives cancer patients hunger. One interesting thing I also heard in the spirit is it was called incense. Imagine that. What better way to anger God than to have people smoke his corrupted plants made for incense. The smoke rising to heaven, angering him.
:eek:
That's heavy....lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It just goes on and on and on...
A1-CWBz99LL.jpg