medication withdrawal prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi everyone, I need prayer on medication withdrawal. before I was on 1.75mg of a psychiatric medication and was doing fine enough, although I could've done well on a 1mg or less. Then I switched from one medication to another and the one I switched from didn't like that I switched to that medication, started having withdrawal effects from my observation. All I had to do was switch back which I did later and found out that was the solution but I needed a backup quickly so I went from the first medication I talked about from 1.75mg to 7.5mg for a few months before I told my psychiatrist about this problem. Then it made me sleep all day and get headache from bad circulation and I got high cholesterol now. I was told by my psychiatrist that I could try to reduce 0.5mg per week so I don't have to take years to claim my life years back and get back down to 1.75mg but bc of the headache and therefore having bad circulation at 4.5mg I did it for just one day and stuff like that so when I got down to 2.5mg I felt a bit funny. Now I've been starting back up in the 5mg range dose. I feel like doing it very properly from 7.5mg down 0.25 per week go the slowest bc that's how I did it before per month but I didn't have much to go down on before but I feel the bad circulation feeling from sleeping.
I have an appointment tomorrow with my family doctor, she told me she will discuss my blood test results I went to do and hasn't called me herself, I booked the appointment so I don't know if she felt I don't need cholesterol medication as my sister could read blood test results and said that now is the time to discuss cholesterol medication and she doesn't like me to take medication, thanks for reading all this whoever does, thanks please pray God will guide me properly and everything's going to be fine, thanks so much, extraordinarily.

Last edited:

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray to the LORD that He lead you in finding your way regarding your health. May He show you grace and hold you in your times of suffering, if He will, so that your spirit and your soul find nourishment in the glory of God. I pray for your protection from the afflictions of modern-day medication and for your healing through faith. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hi everyone, I need prayer on medication withdrawal. before I was on 1.75mg of a psychiatric medication and was doing fine enough, although I could've done well on a 1mg or less. Then I switched from one medication to another and the one I switched from didn't like that I switched to that medication, started having withdrawal effects from my observation. All I had to do was switch back which I did later and found out that was the solution but I needed a backup quickly so I went from the first medication I talked about from 1.75mg to 7.5mg for a few months before I told my psychiatrist about this problem. Then it made me sleep all day and get headache from bad circulation and I got high cholesterol now. I was told by my psychiatrist that I could try to reduce 0.5mg per week so I don't have to take years to claim my life years back and get back down to 1.75mg but bc of the headache and therefore having bad circulation at 4.5mg I did it for just one day and stuff like that so when I got down to 2.5mg I felt a bit funny. Now I've been starting back up in the 5mg range dose. I feel like doing it very properly from 7.5mg down 0.25 per week go the slowest bc that's how I did it before per month but I didn't have much to go down on before but I feel the bad circulation feeling from sleeping.
I have an appointment tomorrow with my family doctor, she told me she will discuss my blood test results I went to do and hasn't called me herself, I booked the appointment so I don't know if she felt I don't need cholesterol medication as my sister could read blood test results and said that now is the time to discuss cholesterol medication and she doesn't like me to take medication, thanks for reading all this whoever does, thanks please pray God will guide me properly and everything's going to be fine, thanks so much, extraordinarily.

I’m happy to pray for your cholesterol and medication problems to be resolved by the power of the Almighty God, our Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name!

God bless

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I got good news, the doctor said that I don't need cholesterol medication but I need to exercise and have a good diet, she said that even though my LDL (low-density lipoprotein=bad cholesterol) cholesterol is 6.0, they don't count by # but by a calculation of your age, blood pressure and that's all recall about that part and she said that my HDL (high-density lipoprotein=good cholesterol) cholesterol is over 1 and that's very protective she said :) The LDL cholesterol raised bc I increased one medication to 7.5mg when I had a reaction to switching from one medication to another and it didn't like it, it caused me to have extraordinary OCD. All I had to do to get rid of that withdrawal effect was to switch back to the medication I switched from so now my psychiatrist gave me directions on how to lower this medication I took as a backup but didn't need and didn't help (the medication I raised to 7.5mg). I'm on 5.5mg right now and doing fine but previously on 4.5mg I didn't do it as directed, for 1 week, and at 2.5mg I started to feel a bit funny so I hope that doesn't happen again when I do it properly. Thanks everyone who cares to read this and pray for me, thanks so extraordinarily. Thanks for the prayers.

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I got good news, the doctor said that I don't need cholesterol medication but I need to exercise and have a good diet, she said that even though my LDL (low-density lipoprotein=bad cholesterol) cholesterol is 6.0, they don't count by # but by a calculation of your age, blood pressure and that's all recall about that part and she said that my HDL (high-density lipoprotein=good cholesterol) cholesterol is over 1 and that's very protective she said :) The LDL cholesterol raised bc I increased one medication to 7.5mg when I had a reaction to switching from one medication to another and it didn't like it, it caused me to have extraordinary OCD. All I had to do to get rid of that withdrawal effect was to switch back to the medication I switched from so now my psychiatrist gave me directions on how to lower this medication I took as a backup but didn't need and didn't help (the medication I raised to 7.5mg). I'm on 5.5mg right now and doing fine but previously on 4.5mg I didn't do it as directed, for 1 week, and at 2.5mg I started to feel a bit funny so I hope that doesn't happen again when I do it properly. Thanks everyone who cares to read this and pray for me, thanks so extraordinarily. Thanks for the prayers.
hey hey!