Meh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
When a Christian tells me that Jesus wants to save me, and from hell itself, I think to myself "Meh"

When a Christian warns or threatens me with eternal damnation, I think to myself "Meh"

The fact that anyone could use what their God said was for his ultimate justice on the wicked, and try to frighten other's with it makes me think to myself "Meh"

Meh indeed.

B

brakelite

Regardless of the lack of discretion and tact in those Christians you have thus far encountered, the truth is that as is common with all men, one day when you least expect it, or desire it, you will die. It is also true that separation from the only source of life, God, can only result in total oblivion. Death, utterly completely, totally dead. It is also true that that is totally avoidable. Avoidable not by anything you can do or accomplish, but simply by accepting what the Son of God accomplished on your behalf as a gift.
The gospel, the plan whereby you are made one with your creator, is actually quite simple. It is your choice whether you want to accept it or not. And blaming Christians for your bad choices, regardless of their bad attitudes, is a very poor defence. It doesn't work.

Reactions: Truth

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Regardless of the lack of discretion and tact in those Christians you have thus far encountered, the truth is that as is common with all men, one day when you least expect it, or desire it, you will die. It is also true that separation from the only source of life, God, can only result in total oblivion. Death, utterly completely, totally dead. It is also true that that is totally avoidable. Avoidable not by anything you can do or accomplish, but simply by accepting what the Son of God accomplished on your behalf as a gift.
The gospel, the plan whereby you are made one with your creator, is actually quite simple. It is your choice whether you want to accept it or not. And blaming Christians for your bad choices, regardless of their bad attitudes, is a very poor defence. It doesn't work.
I don't want to be with your God, he's not as fabulous to me as he is to you.
Frankly I'm sick of all the knee bending, and groveling over my sin's, and having to dress up for church, and worrying about my non believing family & friend's going to hell, and feeling like a I'm never worthy, and (Well you know the rest, you read the Bible) I'm so glad it's over, all that stuff, I don't need to do anything, or believe anything ect ect.

Reactions: mjrhealth
B

brakelite

Frankly I'm sick of all the knee bending, and groveling over my sin's, and having to dress up for church, and worrying about my non believing family & friend's going to hell, and feeling like a I'm never worthy, and (Well you know the rest, you read the Bible) I'm so glad it's over, all that stuff, I don't need to do anything, or believe anything ect ect.
Okay. So first, God is more fabulous than I will ever understand.
Second, knee bending is optional.
Third,, if you didn't sin, grovelling would become moot.
Fourth, I enjoy dressing smart for any occasion. It's a nice change from grubby overalls from the farm.
Fifth. Worrying about unsaved friends and relations is a natural result of your love for them. But Christ promises to take those burdens of fear and worry upon himself. After all, you can't save them, but Jesus loves them a heck of a lot more than you, so you can trust Him to do what ever He can to accomplish what ever is best for them. And you.
Sixth. None of us are worthy. That's why we need Jesus.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Okay. So first, God is more fabulous than I will ever understand.
Second, knee bending is optional.
Third,, if you didn't sin, grovelling would become moot.
Fourth, I enjoy dressing smart for any occasion. It's a nice change from grubby overalls from the farm.
Fifth. Worrying about unsaved friends and relations is a natural result of your love for them. But Christ promises to take those burdens of fear and worry upon himself. After all, you can't save them, but Jesus loves them a heck of a lot more than you, so you can trust Him to do what ever He can to accomplish what ever is best for them. And you.
Sixth. None of us are worthy. That's why we need Jesus.
Oh boy, deary deary me.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
For what purpose? Do you think He made a mistake? If you are so sure you don't want Him, why did you obey His suggestion?
I'm not, it's what Christian's always say. Who knows, maybe Satan sent me, did they ever think that?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same reason Jesus went into all the synagogue's in the land. To put an end to all the hypocrisy, and throw out the money lenders.

What hypocrisy? What money lenders?

You say maybe satan sent you in #9. No doubt. Though you may not know it.

You say in #3 that you don't want to be with God. If you don't want God and Christ, then the Christian doesn't care about being around you.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What has God got to do with religion, you can have Him and Jesus without all the cr;;;p. religion is mans doing, and the evidence is in all the garbage that you read right here. So enjoy Christ without the garbage, He is so much more than mens religions.

B

brakelite

Same reason Jesus went into all the synagogue's in the land. To put an end to all the hypocrisy, and throw out the money lenders.
I grant that there is a great deal of hypocrisy in the church. Tell me though, how do you propose to putting an end to it in here? After all, the only thing you can discern in here is regarding we tell you. How do you know our actions or behavior is not what we profess it to be except in our attitude to you? Is it that by your presence you are therefore exposing our hypocrisy in some way? If so how are you going to stop it? As for the moneylenders in the church, if they are anything like what Jesus threw out of the temple, you can keep them. Haven't seen too many of them in here though.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What hypocrisy? What money lenders?

You say maybe satan sent you in #9. No doubt. Though you may not know it.

You say in #3 that you don't want to be with God. If you don't want God and Christ, then the Christian doesn't care about being around you.

Stranger
No, I'm just telling you the stereotypical reasons Christian's think us non'z come here.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I grant that there is a great deal of hypocrisy in the church. Tell me though, how do you propose to putting an end to it in here? After all, the only thing you can discern in here is regarding we tell you. How do you know our actions or behavior is not what we profess it to be except in our attitude to you? Is it that by your presence you are therefore exposing our hypocrisy in some way? If so how are you going to stop it? As for the moneylenders in the church, if they are anything like what Jesus threw out of the temple, you can keep them. Haven't seen too many of them in here though.
You know that once I actually kicked two JW' s out of the front of a shopping center. I threw all there literature out on the street and told them to sell their lies else where. They came back though, so did the police, but I was long gone.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know that once I actually kicked two JW' s out of the front of a shopping center. I threw all there literature out on the street and told them to sell their lies else where. They came back though, so did the police, but I was long gone.
The religions and those who sell it, of this world, have a lot to answer for, keeping Gods people from God, condemning them selves and teh world with them, but they are Gods problem, not ours. As I said you dont need religion to have Jesus, religion is a man thing, men like to prove to God how good they are and religion is how they do it. To walk with Christ starts with a simple, Hi Jesus, lest do this together, when you wake up in teh morning, than leave the rest to Him. there are 144 000 of Gods people you wont find in church, virgins never being defiled by the Harlot church. As i said before, what has God got to do with religion.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The religions and those who sell it, of this world, have a lot to answer for, keeping Gods people from God, condemning them selves and teh world with them, but they are Gods problem, not ours. As I said you dont need religion to have Jesus, religion is a man thing, men like to prove to God how good they are and religion is how they do it. To walk with Christ starts with a simple, Hi Jesus, lest do this together, when you wake up in teh morning, than leave the rest to Him. there are 144 000 of Gods people you wont find in church, virgins never being defiled by the Harlot church. As i said before, what has God got to do with religion.
It became far too painful to follow Jesus, and my schizophrenia became unmanageable. It's not healthy to return to my belief's, or start talking to something I can't see or hear.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm just telling you the stereotypical reasons Christian's think us non'z come here.

It was asked why you were here. You answered. I questioned your answer. Now you say you really didn't answer. So, you either lied the first time or you lie now.

This seems to me to be a common trait of those who reject Jesus Christ and lean to their own 'reason' and 'science'. They become the biggest liars of all. And, why not, they have bought into the lie of Satan hook, line, and sinker.

Stranger