Memory Lapses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh Dear! I forgot to make sure our insurance payments would go through on their due date.

Silly thing is I got the invoices earlier in the month and thought, "I will set that up so I don't forget", but that's as far as it went.

Fortunately a quick phone call to our insurance company sorted the oversight out so we are still covered, but I am dismayed at my memory lapse as I like to think I am well organised.

Does this happen to you?

Reactions: marks

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I think it's because our lives are so overrun with electronics and screens. Our brains and eyes are bombarded with blue light and EMF, all sorts of pollutions. I think if we made it a priority to get more sunlight and longer breaks from screens, adequate sleep (after turning off wifi and screens an hour or so before bedtime), we would notice some major improvements in brain function. Also ......more books, less screen.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sometimes I think it's because our lives are so overrun with electronics and screens. Our brains and eyes are bombarded with blue light and EMF, all sorts of pollutions. I think if we made it a priority to get more sunlight and longer breaks from screens, adequate sleep (after turning off wifi and screens an hour or so before bedtime), we would notice some major improvements in brain function. Also ......more books, less screen.
Yes, it would be much worse without the discipline you prescribe. Thanks.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Dear! I forgot to make sure our insurance payments would go through on their due date.

Silly thing is I got the invoices earlier in the month and thought, "I will set that up so I don't forget", but that's as far as it went.

Fortunately a quick phone call to our insurance company sorted the oversight out so we are still covered, but I am dismayed at my memory lapse as I like to think I am well organised.

Does this happen to you?

Happens to everyone, it’s normal and you’re human. Even people with a secretary like the CEO of my company, has made mistakes like these. I know, because he called me (IT guy) thinking that he had a calendar error, but he didn’t.
So, you’re fine and don’t overthink it too much. :)

Reactions: Stumpmaster