Men's Group

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am attending a Men's group at my church that really works. A group of about 8 to 10 men meet every two weeks and discuss a relevant topic that we are dealing with in our lives. This group includes men who have been in attendance for 20 years - many have been Christians for decades. It is a successful group because it is confidential and accepting of different perspectives. The group is not a 'pancake on Saturdays' men's group - we discuss our lives and how we can make a difference in the church and our city.

Anyone apart of a group in your church that has positively impacted your life and walk with God? What do you enjoy about it? How has it changed you for the better?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i've spent the last few summers volunteering in Flint for Flintopia, a nonprofit promoting permaculture remediation in E Flint. Basically a summer of living like a dog in a food desert and 40 hours a week of community service lol. But it gets me out of S Florida in the summer, and it is a great way to positively impact an ecologically and spiritually damaged area, and it is quite humbling as it turns out. I kind of got talked into it the first year but now it is a kind of sabbatical

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a good experience! I checked out the Facebook page and I am interested.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I volunteer at a local Raptor Rehabilitation center. We care for all types of raptors from golden eagles all the way do to kites. It is a good experience to work with like minded people and get a chance to be up close with birds you rarely have contact with

Reactions: Job and bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think more attention should be given to the salvation of men's souls then the preservation of birds. You could preach at Salvation Army centers or Rescue Mission centers. Giving out the gospel of Jesus Christ. Standing on street corners passing out Christian tracts.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think more attention should be given to the salvation of men's souls then the preservation of birds. You could preach at Salvation Army centers or Rescue Mission centers. Giving out the gospel of Jesus Christ. Standing on street corners passing out Christian tracts.

Stranger

Indeed. If bird conservation was my only contribution, I would be missing out on loving my neighbor. Notice the OP includes this aspect of my life

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Stranger
ha, funny you mention putting Jesus in the streets...anyway, you might see that missions like these are really just a backdrop, the setting or whatever, for the human interactions that take place within them. Sure, you could put Jesus in the streets if that suits you, but you are rarely going to develop any relationships that way.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Promoting the deepest relationship in my life to others, without fostering a relationship with them feels glib to me. It is small wonder that people receiving a religious tract seek out the nearest garbage can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Job and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
lol, yikes! Imo Stranger has changed a lot from a while back

prolly i would only wanna hit him over the head with a board or something now... :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear does bad things to a person.

Reactions: Job

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Promoting the deepest relationship in my life to others, without fostering a relationship with them feels glib to me. It is small wonder that people receiving a religious tract seek out the nearest garbage can.

Well the birds you are so interested in as a Christian ministry, just crap in their nest.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:15
15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

So? What is that supposed to mean? We are a long way from the garden. God closed those doors. But, go ahead. Skip through the garden and nature and pretend all is beautiful. Feed your birds. Watch em crap. All is glorious.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So? What is that supposed to mean? We are a long way from the garden. God closed those doors. But, go ahead. Skip through the garden and nature and pretend all is beautiful. Feed your birds. Watch em crap. All is glorious.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your bitterness is showing again.....

Nothing wrong with conservation and protecting Gods creation - perhaps I should hand them one of your four spiritual law tracts - they would get put to better use than the landfill

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your bitterness is showing again.....

Nothing wrong with conservation and protecting Gods creation - perhaps I should hand them one of your four spiritual law tracts - they would get put to better use than the landfill

Oh, my bitterness is showing. Which makes you appear so sweet and good.

The four spiritual laws would go farther than bird feed. How ridiculous.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
imo working with animals teaches lots of good lessons, because they appreciate anything done for them, yet one gains no obvious advantage from helping them, so it is a labor of love, and you are put in company with like minded people in the process. Plus you are likely to learn to walk more softly, made aware of unconscious sin, and how good you have it too.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I volunteer at a local Raptor Rehabilitation center. We care for all types of raptors from golden eagles all the way do to kites. It is a good experience to work with like minded people and get a chance to be up close with birds you rarely have contact with

That would be so cool. An excellent opportunity to share the wonders of God with those around you. Using birds and other animals to sow the seeds of the Gospel. You can teach the wonders of God without even mentioning God.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and aspen