Mental Health Revolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Will Psychedelic Therapy Transform Mental Health Care?

i'm not thrilled with the source here, but it suffices.

There is a revolution going on in mental health right now, the old paradigm of "mental illness" is basically melting before care workers' eyes, as natural psychedelics are being utilized to allow people to change their perspectives.

Of course this might seem to be at odds with a believer's convictions, where is the line here?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Probably if I had advanced cancer I would say " Bring it on.."
But personally I hate all drugs....mind altering drugs are very scary territory to play with I think.
But I suppose those poor people need something to help them get through the day.
In some places here they are legalising marijuana...wouldn't that be a safer drug?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In some places here they are legalising marijuana...wouldn't that be a safer drug?
hmm, i would characterize that more as "monetizing marijuana," but i get you, and yes, pot is quite useful for some things, there is no substitute for getting people off of psychotropic drugs imo, or to fill a therapeutic CBD receptor, and some other uses, but for..."facing yourself" i guess psychedelics are hard to beat, you are kind of stripped bare in a sense, and your hypocrisy is revealed to you in a way that you cannot deny, and are not even inclined to resist, in a way that i guess i won't really be able to relate verbally. It is like the info is coming from "you," a part of you that you might normally ignore, only now you can 'hear' it, something like that.

Reactions: Helen

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Will Psychedelic Therapy Transform Mental Health Care?

i'm not thrilled with the source here, but it suffices.

There is a revolution going on in mental health right now, the old paradigm of "mental illness" is basically melting before care workers' eyes, as natural psychedelics are being utilized to allow people to change their perspectives.

Of course this might seem to be at odds with a believer's convictions, where is the line here?[/QUO
Probably if I had advanced cancer I would say " Bring it on.."
But personally I hate all drugs....mind altering drugs are very scary territory to play with I think.
But I suppose those poor people need something to help them get through the day.
I'm for it to a degree. And not just to help with mental health problems......but with many other health problems that are so out of control modern medicine can't control the symptoms. Epilepsy for example. There are medicines on the market today that were simply illegal drugs once upon a time. But now they are only legal if used for medical reasons by trained medical professionals. I've been taking legal medications for sixty two years now. So medications don't scare me despite a few bad experiences due to side effects of certain ones. But I want to have the right to have questions answerred about meds I'M changing to or starting to take. Will mental health victims have those rights respected? Also when discussing mental health we are talking about people with pathological personality disorders who are put in another category of mental health conditions. If you wind up having a couple of bosses with such mental health conditions maybe present views of psychedelic therapy would change. I'm talking from first hand experience. However here in Canada the government has the desire to use medical marijuana. I'm for that as oppossed to leaving victims get their marijuana from drug dealers who are not interested in the health of victims.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"However here in Canada the government has the desire to use medical marijuana."

or at least to tax it @ 100%, ya

"I'm for that as oppossed to leaving victims get their marijuana from drug dealers who are not interested in the health of victims."

you mean like Doctors? Lol. Great, so the pot dealer who has no deaths on his conscience is denigrated, while allopaths dedicated to treating your symptoms with a prescription--known to cause thousands of deaths a year--for a commission are elevated. Ok.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"However here in Canada the government has the desire to use medical marijuana."

or at least to tax it @ 100%, ya

"I'm for that as oppossed to leaving victims get their marijuana from drug dealers who are not interested in the health of victims."

you mean like Doctors? Lol. Great, so the pot dealer who has no deaths on his conscience is denigrated, while allopaths dedicated to treating your symptoms with a prescription--known to cause thousands of deaths a year--for a commission are elevated. Ok.
YUP! Let doctors prescribe medical marijuana for a fee to only those who's medical symptoms can't be controlled by FDA approved medications and denigrate the drug dealer who has no deaths on his concionce due to possibly being a psychopath, unlike the doctors who prescribe medications by means of a prescription. Having taken medications all my life I do have confidence in them. And if I die and become one of those statistics of yours, guess what......I'll be with Jesus for Eternity. What will be the concequences of you dying due to medication prescribed by a doctor?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i don't use, sorry. And i would frame the question differently, to something more like "what would be the consequences of someone suffering from a symptom if they treated the cause rather than seeking palliative care."

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epilepsy symptoms are caused by over activity in the brain. The part(s) of the brain that are overactive define the symptoms the epileptic has. The medications used control those parts of the brain from being overactive. But life causes stress which provoke the symptoms again.lots of things cause stress from childhood abuse to monthly menstrual periods in women. Are you suggesting that younger women cease to have menstrual periods to cure there epilepsy?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
epilepsy seems to be growing in concert with autism and other poorly defined symptoms, likely a result of too heavy a toxic load in vaccines and the environment in general, and pot actually works pretty well for all seizure types.

But imo we should recognize that this is an extreme example anyway, and hardly describes the avg prescription.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A prescription for medication is a prescription for needed medication. Even when that needed medication is.morphine which is used to relieve intense physical pain caused by certain situations but by prescribing morphine,a drug that is also sold by drug pushers and illegal to by from drug pushers are we in a position of defining doctors as victims as would be allegedly the case if doctors were to make prescriptions for.medical marijuana for medical symptoms uncontrolled by FDA approved.medications?

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A prescription for medication is a prescription for needed medication. Even when that needed medication is.morphine which is used to relieve intense physical pain caused by certain situations but by prescribing morphine,a drug that is also sold by drug pushers and illegal to by from drug pushers are we in a position of defining doctors as victims as would be allegedly the case if doctors were to make prescriptions for.medical marijuana for medical symptoms uncontrolled by FDA approved.medications?
Ooopppsss I posted to soon. But in regards to.morphine as.prescribed by doctors for intense pain relief, should that be taxed 100% since it is also sold by drug pushers?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ooopppsss I posted to soon. But in regards to.morphine as.prescribed by doctors for intense pain relief, should that be taxed 100% since it is also sold by drug pushers?
well, the mechanism there is different because the ownership is different. Opium is treated more like gasoline in a sense, because we subsidize it pretty heavily, whereas pot is suppressed and taxed, kratom is suppressed, etc.

As we can see by Afghanistan's rise from 10 to 90% of world opium production since the occupation

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A prescription for medication is a prescription for needed medication.
So you say, but that is because you have been taught to believe that, not because it is true. Iow to treat a symptom, yes. Allopaths steadfastly ignore causes, and treat symptoms, just like the Snake on a Pole did, they even have one on their lapels, see. Remedying causes is much less profitable than treating symptoms.
Even when that needed medication is.morphine which is used to relieve intense physical pain caused by certain situations but by prescribing morphine,a drug that is also sold by drug pushers and illegal to by from drug pushers are we in a position of defining doctors as victims as would be allegedly the case if doctors were to make prescriptions for.medical marijuana for medical symptoms uncontrolled by FDA approved.medications?
doctors are victimized at the same entry point pastors are, by controlling who gets to be a doctor iow, drumming out the good ones in Freshman year, but you would have to rephrase the Q to make it clearer to me at least, sorry.

i hope you get that i am not trying to vilify doctors, nor pastors, we are all deceived.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many are more interested in dealing with symptoms instead of causes. This is an asset in cases where the cause can't be eliminated. Because though it can't be illuminated its misery it causes can be largely if not totally eliminated. This results in a better quality of life for the sufferer those around the sufferer and in the longterm for society as a whole. Denying such betterment by refusing to legalise marijuany for medical use only because it only alleviates the symptoms is nonsensical. People go to doctors to have symptoms.s taken care of because doctors are able to zoom in o n the cause and either illuminate it or control it so that tjr cause has less impact on the victims by reducing the symptoms caused by the cause. That was the line of work the writer of the Gospei of Luke, engaged in as a doctor. And because he and others did this as doctors Jesus, who was the Great physician, stated that it is the sick who need a doctor not the healthy people. So is this about sick people being made well or by feeling good because of being self righteous? I'm not into being self righteous. I have.medical conditions that require the medical care of doctors. But if told the only thing that will take care of the symptoms is.medical marijuana. I could be all for it. I'm the one suffering after all.