Mercy Triumphs over Judgment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:13 Lexicon: For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

consider this “Mercy Triumphs over Judgment” with His fear not for I have overcome the world. Consider His Victory, His Triumph, ...in Mercy Triumphs over Judgement. Luke 21:27-28 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. (What power, what glory, what Triumph?) 28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

The passage in James where “mercy Triumphs over Judgment”. I realize it becomes an argument about faith and works. Only want to share a thought on this passage. Can only say what it has said to me in the past while reading it which was either the focus being only on “giving a brother and sister without clothing and daily food their needs” instead of sending them away in peace telling them to be warmed and to be filled and yet you don’t give them what is necessary for [their]body.

The question being “what use (advantage, help) is that?”

consider “in this way”
Likewise as a compassion ...an example of if one of you sends one out to go in peace and does not give them what is necessary...telling them without clothing or daily food to be warmed and filled without help ...what help is that? “In this way” in compassion

...God does not say go in peace without giving those things necessary for His body to Triumph. Having given what is necessary for His body to Triumph in Him.
John 16:6-8 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. [7] Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. [8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

but are you willing to see, you foolish fellow, that Faith without the necessary provision (equipped, prepared) of God —is useless(inactive) yet dead...

it is by His Life we Live. God would not send out His peace saying be filled without providing what is necessary for [His] body to Triumph. James 2:13 Lexicon: For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:13 Lexicon: For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

consider this “Mercy Triumphs over Judgment” with His fear not for I have overcome the world. Consider His Victory, His Triumph, ...in Mercy Triumphs over Judgement. Luke 21:27-28 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. (What power, what glory, what Triumph?) 28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

The passage in James where “mercy Triumphs over Judgment”. I realize it becomes an argument about faith and works. Only want to share a thought on this passage. Can only say what it has said to me in the past while reading it which was either the focus being only on “giving a brother and sister without clothing and daily food their needs” instead of sending them away in peace telling them to be warmed and to be filled and yet you don’t give them what is necessary for [their]body.

The question being “what use (advantage, help) is that?”

consider “in this way”
Likewise as a compassion ...an example of if one of you sends one out to go in peace and does not give them what is necessary...telling them without clothing or daily food to be warmed and filled without help ...what help is that? “In this way” in compassion

...God does not say go in peace without giving those things necessary for His body to Triumph. Having given what is necessary for His body to Triumph in Him.
John 16:6-8 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. [7] Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. [8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

but are you willing to see, you foolish fellow, that Faith without the necessary provision (equipped, prepared) of God —is useless(inactive) yet dead...

it is by His Life we Live. God would not send out His peace saying be filled without providing what is necessary for [His] body to Triumph. James 2:13 Lexicon: For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

Good post!
"The question being “what use (advantage, help) is that?”
I'd say a big fat zero help. Your post reminded me right away of an old Keith Green song:

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, I cut my spiritual teeth on Keith Green back in the late 70's. He and David Wilkerson both influenced my life greatly. They awoke me to my need to follow Him and to obey Him and to this day, I thank God for such faithful men.

But there was a problem in my walk. Being awakened to my need to die to self is one thing. But finding the ability to do it was quite another. Some say Keith preached a subtle form of legalism. The song about the sheep and the goats boiled down to what we did or didn't DO.

And this is true. Fruit must come forth from us, for faith without works is dead. However, I found that a deep desire to obey, to gain victory over sin in my life did not automatically make it so. It simply pointed out through my failures that there was a roadblock to walking in full submission and true obedience. And it left me for many years as the poster boy for Romans 7.

It was not until 2007 that God had mercy upon me and intervened, showing me the missing ingredient that would take me from "to will is present within me, but how to perform I found not", to "God actually causing me "to will AND to do of His good pleasure." Keith had a great purpose and boy, did He fill it, and I cannot listen to His songs without gratitude welling up within me.

But as we approach the final days, God wants His bride to be prepared to meet Him. He does not want us just saved but still bound by sin and self-love. He wants us free indeed.... freed from the grasp of willful sin, freed from our carnal old nature, to the point where the world looks on in amazement just as they did in the book of Acts.

This is the awakening Jesus spoke about. His people HAVE the Spirit within them. But.... they need to light the oil they already possess. And they do that by putting off their old nature, believing that they truly are new inside and can say no to the devil when temptations come... every time! Glory!

blessings to you, Nancy

Gids

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy, I cut my spiritual teeth on Keith Green back in the late 70's. He and David Wilkerson both influenced my life greatly. They awoke me to my need to follow Him and to obey Him and to this day, I thank God for such faithful men.

But there was a problem in my walk. Being awakened to my need to die to self is one thing. But finding the ability to do it was quite another. Some say Keith preached a subtle form of legalism. The song about the sheep and the goats boiled down to what we did or didn't DO.

And this is true. Fruit must come forth from us, for faith without works is dead. However, I found that a deep desire to obey, to gain victory over sin in my life did not automatically make it so. It simply pointed out through my failures that there was a roadblock to walking in full submission and true obedience. And it left me for many years as the poster boy for Romans 7.
Gids

Hello Gidoen!
very nice post and it def speaks to me about the "desire" to be changed by Him. That is what's needed to begin, yes for sure.

There are a couple of Keith's songs that seem legalistic for instance, this one kind of bothers me a bit "If you can't come to me every day, don't bother coming at all". Then, another one say's something like, "When He comes, He'll reward according to "what we have done"...in the body, good or bad...that seems a bit like...oh , look what I've done to attain heaven! Lol...but you and i know what Keith Green was all about and, that is NOT what he meant...remember his album "No Compromise"?
Praying for the fire to re-ignite and passion for Him and pleasing Him are what I pray for and wish that all Christians I know would wake up and stop with all the complaining and un-gratitude. (that a real word??)
Good post bro Gids!
In Him,
nancy

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Nancy. Your posts are always edifying to me, which is rare these days, lol. Thank you for being a part of the forum.

Gids