Merry Christ Mas !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory was of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).
Once again it’s Christmas. Long ago, December 25 th was set aside to remember that Christ was born, and there has always been controversy surrounding it. No, it is not the very day He was born, and yes it is the day that a pagan holiday took place. The truth is that we don’t really know the day that Jesus was born, but we do know the importance of the fact that He was born.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Okay, so I'm a day late....I had a lot of company.

But, what the heck...better late than never, yes?

Merry CHRISTmas!

and may the blessings of this wonderful season be yours all through the year to come...

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Better still, why not give thanks to God every day, for His gift of redemption to the world, through Jesus? Why wait until a pagan based day such as Dec 25th?

MsJoy

Jan 5, 2016
I'm new on this site, found you're post, like how you said Merry Christ Mass. You are correct in that Dec 25th is not the
birthday of our Lord. I heard a teaching by a Messanic Rabbi that the sheep in Israel cannot be out in the fields during
Dec because of the extreme cold. There was something else about the length of time the mother sheep carry their
unborn lamb, and the new lambs are born in the Spring. All of this connecting to the birth of Christ, Father God has His
way of keeping things connected. Of course we can celebrate everyday, as we have our Salvation in Christ Jesus.
That is the best gift ever. I'm Thankful. Blessings to you. :)

Eoreris

Jun 22, 2016
The last Christmas will be when the 2 witnesses leave this earth and send their parting (Gifts)

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory was of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).
Once again it’s Christmas. Long ago, December 25 th was set aside to remember that Christ was born, and there has always been controversy surrounding it. No, it is not the very day He was born, and yes it is the day that a pagan holiday took place. The truth is that we don’t really know the day that Jesus was born, but we do know the importance of the fact that He was born.

I know this is an old post but I wanted to respond. It's not true that Christians adopted a pagan holiday to celebrate Jesus' birth. There are written records dating back to 98 B.C. that record Christians observing the "feast of the nativity" as it was originally called, on December 25, almost 200 years before the first record of a pagan Roman holiday on that date.

I have spent almost 40 years studying New Testament history and archaeology, and the truth is there is a vast amount of evidence and it all supports the December 25 date. Conversely, there is no actual historical evidence that supports the many other dates that are suggested as alternatives or the arguments that are put forward against the December date.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer