Micah 6:8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

scottandtracy

Apr 15, 2007
The 8th Century Prophets go off, I really like the men and respect them highly, my favourite verse in the bible is found in Micah 6:8 and I was wondering if anyone has written a bible study on this passage, or preached a sermon. Have been thinking for a while now of writting an indepth study on the 8th Century prophets looking at them as men and how they lived and thier relationships with those around them, then looking at Micah and writing something about this tying it in to why he wrote this beatiful passage and what it has to say to us today, suppose this would be for fun but I like those guys, they are legends that lived in difficult times

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Let us do discuss this work of Micah and look at te words instead of trying to make the thread writer look like a fool, for they are right about one thing the word of Micah are wonderful words and a warning at the time to Judah, but even today are for us for as Paul wrote in I Corinthians 10:6 the Words given in the "OLD Testament are for us an example.".. today we are the last generation ...the one who will see the return of Antichrist and who will either be taken in to his false religion or we will be counted as those who stand against him and for the true Messiah... the Words of Micah in the 5th chapter fortells us about the coming of Messiah and where he will be born, Bethleham and he was Yahshua The next chapter speaks of a coming battle between the good of the earth and those evil ones...It is an example fo us to be prepared for the time we must stand against the antichrist... I am not a teacher but this morning I listened to this word from a really great teacher http://media1.leseanet.net/ramgen/sc/show3_1_3486.rm he spoke of the words of Micah and I remembered this post ...please take time to listen to this man who knows Greek and Hebrew well enough to study from the original texts...I send this a gift of love to you all.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I also agree. And yea, Our Lord Jesus Christ (or Yahshua for ye Hebrews lovers. XD) was born in Bethlehem.Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.equals toMatthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea... ...Matthew 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.I just love it when New Testament is full of Old Testament quotes.Old Testament is New Testament concealed and New Testament is Old Testament revealed.
happy.gif
God blessed.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Micah said that God does not retain His anger forever “…because He delights in mercy.” This seeming paradox is a wonderful and refreshing . Some see God as one who delights in punishment; Micah saw God as one who delights in mercy! It was this sure knowledge of God’s character that sustained Micah and allowed him to possess hope as well as impart the basis of hope to others. Micah may have been a prophet of doom (at least in one sense of the phrase), but he was certainly not a prophet of gloom.Micah was a balance between the fear of God and the joy that derives from His merciful character. The Psalmist put it this way: “The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear(revere) Him, In those who hope in His mercy.” God delighted in Micah because Micah had hope in God’s mercy. Come to think of it, that is the only hope that we have God’s mercy.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
In Micah 6 when we are we talking of mountains and hills? Are these real mountain and hills? No! the mountains are the nations, and the people in themMicah 6:1 "Hear ye now what the LORD saith; "Arise, contend thou before the mountains, and let the hills hear thy voice."