Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz Questions Whether Worship Is Essential

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz Questions Whether Worship Is Essential
During a recent press conference Democrat Minnesota Governor Tim Walz argued that it’s “up for debate” whether houses of worship should be deemed “essential.”

“I think the case that the president is making and that may be up for debate in this country of deeming houses of worship essential, essential services and that’s one that we take into consideration.” said Walz.

Per Breitbart, during the briefing, in which he was joined by state Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm, Gov. Walz announced new guidelines for religious services, saying he would allow houses of worship to reopen at 25 percent occupancy. [More reading]

At this point I can't help but think God is showing American's who are also Christian exactly what mindset is at the helm of leadership in our respective states.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, America is in a deeper state of cold-warm civil war; visible and essentially played out and instigated by liberal left radical States. This war has been going on since the '80s. Liberal Governors, local city and town mayors, and governing boards cannot help but show their true colors today - evil, hateful, contempt for human life and freedom, contempt for Constitutional law and order, of many atheists, and anti-Christians. Until these people are arrested in their powers and influence on the younger generation this situation can only get worse. Expect more staged and amplified unrest, chaos, driven by evil media outlets and propped-up by several billionaires and foundations - local and international.

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SCOTUS recently reached a 5 to 4 decision that is against a Pentecostal church in California. They sought to lift the Democrat governors limit on church gatherings there. Twenty-five percent of parishioners, or 100 persons, may attend church. No more.
Weeks before this decision there was an article about the churches in California planning to gather tomorrow, Pentecost Sunday. I pray they do so in full.

If hundreds of people can go to a Super Walmart and shop, there is no excuse to limit the number of parishioners in a church. This is the opportunity, as I see it, for the anti-religious Liberal agenda that has been raising its head in America for years now, to openly block religious freedom. Their excuse now being a virus that is being used to instill fear into the entire world so that people concede to whatever their respective government(s) decree, notice it is always limits to liberty, that the people in those countries then feel safe for having lost freedom, for safety.
And those who disagree, are cast as the bad people who are indifferent to the safety of their fellows.

It's an ages old formula that is still being employed in the 21st century.
Simply substitute, "pandemic" for war.

“Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
Hermann Göring

Reactions: APAK