Misjudging And Falsely Accusing Other Christians!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been active in churches for over 30 years (I've taught and preached). But I have never experienced false accusations until running into a small group of hyper-Calvies in an online forum years ago.

The reason I bring this up is some seem to believe we are obligated to be honest only within our churches (things like online communities do not count). And to be fair, there seem to be aspects (like church discipline) that relate only within a congregation.

But perhaps the character of a believer is deeper than how we treat one another. Maybe how we treat one another is a manifestation of our spiritual condition.

Reactions: Episkopos

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been on several message boards.
On two of them the moderators themselves,lied,deleted posts,
Edited and rewrote posts so they. could censor those who showed their error.
False witness is a 9th commandment violation.
Those with no shame do not care if they defile themselves in this way.
Such sin shows a heart of unbelief as they do not believe they will be judged for such sin. They are mistaken.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been on several message boards.
On two of them the moderators themselves,lied,deleted posts,
Edited and rewrote posts so they. could censor those who showed their error.
False witness is a 9th commandment violation.
Those with no shame do not care if they defile themselves in this way.
Such sin shows a heart of unbelief as they do not believe they will be judged for such sin. They are mistaken.
I think I may know the board you speak of. I had the same experience. I am not sure the board is still around but it was definitely an ungodly forum.

We cannot say they have unbelieving hearts. Sometimes people are misguided. Often they are simply immature. It is hard to remember there was a time when we also were immature in the faith.

For me, integrity is a strength because it is a virtue I value (as a Christian, a retired soldier, and currently employed in the counter-intelligence/ security arena). So I can be very critical with people who are less than honest.

But there are other virtues just as important in the life of the believer. There is forgiveness, compassion, love, patience, humility....

While integrity is a strength for me compassion often is not and my strength does not outweigh my weaknesses. I have to rest in Christ and trust in Him as I endeavor to be transformed ever increasingly into His image.

It is discipleship. We all have gifts and strengths. And we all have areas that need improvement.

Rather than searching for the splinter in a brother's eye we would often be better served addressing the log in our own.