Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they.

i think there are many truths in the eastern beliefs. these people know all about these things in their belief system yet in the west our bible says nothing of these things. when i mention these things to other Christians they think i am crazy and call this devils work. Tibetan Buddhist devote majority of their lives to spirituality and yet most western main stream Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this is going to get good. Where is popcorn when you need it. Seriously though, how long have you been a Christian? I need to know this before I can even attempt to give you an answer.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Born_Again said:
Well, this is going to get good. Where is popcorn when you need it. Seriously though, how long have you been a Christian? I need to know this before I can even attempt to give you an answer.
i been a Christian since i was a teen, so about 25 yrs maybe. i dont follow how that would affect the answer. is the answer different for a Christian of one year as apposed to a Christian of 50 years?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well Jesus was ,what 9 when he was in the temple questioning teh Pharisees and astounding them with His knowledge.??

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
I can relate to you question. All these things you ask of got to do with the spiritual world. God said do not mix with such things.
“Do not turn to mediums or consult spiritists, or you will be defiled by them; I am Yahweh your God.
- Leviticus 19:31

jaybird said:
why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they.

i think there are many truths in the eastern beliefs. these people know all about these things in their belief system yet in the west our bible says nothing of these things. when i mention these things to other Christians they think i am crazy and call this devils work. Tibetan Buddhist devote majority of their lives to spirituality and yet most western main stream Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me.
Truth? They are not truth. They are works of Satan. If you do such things, you open your body to the spiritual world, this is how people got demon "possessed".

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. - Ephesians 6:12

"Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me."
They are not christian.

B

brakelite

jaybird said:

Because there are "truths" in other religions does not mean they are good. I could relate many stories regarding the customs and traditional beliefs of the native people of my land, the Maori, who either in their own 'tikanga' (customary belief systems) or when they become Christian, are a deep spiritual people. But their tohunga or priests were a powerfully influential group, but not necessarily in any good way. I have personally seen stuff, and have heard first hand accounts by friends and relatives, that would make many peoples hair stand on end. It was 'truth', but not something to meddle with or take lightly, or even remotely consider any of it belonging to the things of God. Which is why when we are ministering to such people, we are to call them to come completely out of the systems they are involved in. leave everything behind and allow God to heal them and establish them in the principles of the kingdom of heaven and be free from the dark practices of the enemy.
Yet the Maori beliefs in many ways parallel the truths of Christianity. That is why they so readily accepted the missionaries when they came, but unfortunately, those missionaries were too tolerant of the old ways, and allowed the two systems to merge. And while it is not as extreme, we have today in some places a composite much like what you have in Haiti...a pseudo Christianity mix with pagan voodoo and witchcraft. When they fully come out though, they can be a wonderful example of the faith, completely free from the superstitions and falsehoods that still encumber their families and tribes elsewhere.
Just stick to the Bible as its written and presented jaybird...keep away from the darkness.

Reactions: marksman and KingJ

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
brakelite said:
Because there are "truths" in other religions does not mean they are good. I could relate many stories regarding the customs and traditional beliefs of the native people of my land, the Maori, who either in their own 'tikanga' (customary belief systems) or when they become Christian, are a deep spiritual people. But their tohunga or priests were a powerfully influential group, but not necessarily in any good way. I have personally seen stuff, and have heard first hand accounts by friends and relatives, that would make many peoples hair stand on end. It was 'truth', but not something to meddle with or take lightly, or even remotely consider any of it belonging to the things of God. Which is why when we are ministering to such people, we are to call them to come completely out of the systems they are involved in. leave everything behind and allow God to heal them and establish them in the principles of the kingdom of heaven and be free from the dark practices of the enemy.
Yet the Maori beliefs in many ways parallel the truths of Christianity. That is why they so readily accepted the missionaries when they came, but unfortunately, those missionaries were too tolerant of the old ways, and allowed the two systems to merge. And while it is not as extreme, we have today in some places a composite much like what you have in Haiti...a pseudo Christianity mix with pagan voodoo and witchcraft. When they fully come out though, they can be a wonderful example of the faith, completely free from the superstitions and falsehoods that still encumber their families and tribes elsewhere.
Just stick to the Bible as its written and presented jaybird...keep away from the darkness.
"Just stick to the Bible as its written and presented"

lets start with this point. there must 50 or more versions of the bible and they all vary, which one is correct? in many of these bible we have examples of words being added and removed. how much has mankind added and removed from our Lords word? we have in the bible warnings to those that would change the words but all the different bible prove mankind is fully capable of changing the words.
i see many Christians put so much faith in books that are "canon" and the counsels of men that decide whats considered canon. the counsels that decide whats part of the canon are they not the same counsels that said the world was flat, we could buy people out of purgatory, that falsely accused people of crimes, had them murdered and confiscated their wealth or kept common people from reading a bible for over one thousand years?
im not sure i would put such faith in counsels that have proven time and again they are corrupt..

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
As Christians, the word of God lives in us. The Holy Spirit guides us. Being Christian is not about being in a religious system. We are not christian by the bible that we read, we are christian by the way we act and by the way we move the power of God abiding in us. We are Christian, by love, not by fear. As Christian, as the disciple, the friend of the living God.

You pore over the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them, yet they testify about Me. - John 5:39

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:

lets start with this point. there must 50 or more versions of the bible and they all vary, which one is correct? in many of these bible we have examples of words being added and removed. how much has mankind added and removed from our Lords word? we have in the bible warnings to those that would change the words but all the different bible prove mankind is fully capable of changing the words.
i see many Christians put so much faith in books that are "canon" and the counsels of men that decide whats considered canon. the counsels that decide whats part of the canon are they not the same counsels that said the world was flat, we could buy people out of purgatory, that falsely accused people of crimes, had them murdered and confiscated their wealth or kept common people from reading a bible for over one thousand years?
im not sure i would put such faith in counsels that have proven time and again they are corrupt..
There are a lot more than 50 versions given all the languages in the world. The point is to find one, and in your case I assume English, and make sure it is one that is functionally equivalent to modern day English. It's not about looking at all the differences that exist in print, but about looking for the majority of the English versions that say the same thing, and they indeed do.
Just because many people do not honor the Bible by doing what it says, does not invalidate the message in the Bible. It points us to Jesus and to the Holy Spirit and to God, and we are to learn what it says by studying it. Simply making big statements about negative issues is not productive at all. If you want to know specifics, then just ask.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
jaybird said:

The different Bible versions don't vary that much in meaning. The words may vary quite legitimately because they are all translations - and there is often more than one correct way of translating a sentence from one language into another.

And no, they were not the same councils. I'm not aware that any council declared the world to be flat (that was just a widespread belief in the Middle Ages), or that common people should not be allowed to read a Bible. Most church traditions established themselves without any help from councils.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i dont mean to suggest the bible we know is wrong. the fundamentals are the same in most the bibles, dont steal, murder, Father sent Jesus, etc. but there are many things that seem to be missing, the fallen ones from gen, when Jesus said we could move a mountain, when our Lord stopped the sun, when Elisha was able to watch his servant with namaan from a far, when the bones of Elijah brought the dead body back to life. i think all these things happened , not metaphors, not fairy tail hyperbole but 100 percent real. i would like to know how.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
jaybird ~ are you a Christian believer and follower of Jesus Christ or do you associate yourself as a Christian through some other way? :huh:

Folks ~Please do not post short meaningless replies as per forum rules. A single smiley post would also be considered as a short reply.

Reactions: marksman

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jaybird said:
i dont mean to suggest the bible we know is wrong. the fundamentals are the same in most the bibles, dont steal, murder, Father sent Jesus, etc. but there are many things that seem to be missing, the fallen ones from gen, when Jesus said we could move a mountain, when our Lord stopped the sun, when Elisha was able to watch his servant with namaan from a far, when the bones of Elijah brought the dead body back to life. i think all these things happened , not metaphors, not fairy tail hyperbole but 100 percent real. i would like to know how.
First, my apologies, Angelina.

Jay, you have a mixture of actual events mixed with parables. For instance, the point of the "move mountains" verse. Matthew 17:20And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you

This simply says even with the tiniest of Faith, nothing is impossible. Faith in Christ. You can then reference Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." It helps if you read the entire chapter surrounding these verses to fully understand them.

Reactions: Angelina

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
jaybird said:
The Bible we know today is twofold, it is a history book and it is a myopic into the nature of God. From your post here it would suggest that you think it is a book of rules, and from that perspective you can not be further from the truth. The Bible is a collective of different God inspired authors from different times in the two covenants God provided to man. The first one, the Old Covenant, was for Israel and its descendants. The second one is for all of mankind and perfects what the first one tried to do. Like any tome of its size, the Bible does not have one single style of literature. It is a combination of literal, metaphorical, hyperbole, parabolic and prophetic style. The style can be garnered from the context of what is read. In your case you seem to feel that none of this is applicable to the Bible and you say it is all 100% real. Yes of course it is 100% real, and inspired / breathed of God, but it contains all those other styles and allegories. You must understand what parables are designed to do, and not label them as fairy tales just because they don't necessarily depict something that actually happened in time.

Reactions: MattMooradian