Modern day miracles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone familiar with the myrrh-streaming icon in Pennsylvania?
This icon has been known to perform miracles and heal people with incurable diseases.
I was lucky to be anointed with the oil from this icon at my local church.
Just wanted to share this news with you and ask if you’ve experienced any modern day miracles.
An Encounter with the Mother of God - Signs In Our Times | Ancient Faith Ministries

Also on the 15th of this month, the most holy ceremony of Virgin Mary takes place in the island of Tinos, Greece where the icon has performed many miracles. It has an amazing history of discovery by a nun.

The Miraculous Icon of Virgin Mary in Tinos island | Greeka

Reactions: dev553344

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This icon has been known to perform miracles and heal people with incurable diseases.
Just wanted to share this news with you and ask if you’ve experienced any modern day miracles.
An Encounter with the Mother of God - Signs In Our Times | Ancient Faith Ministries

Also on the 15th of this month, the most holy ceremony of Virgin Mary takes place in the island of Tinos, Greece where the icon has performed many miracles. It has an amazing history of discovery by a nun.

The Spirit of God abides in no earthly vessel so if anyone did get some "miracle" thingie- it wasn't of God.

Also, God doesn't perform "miracles" through the images of anyone else as He does what He does for his own glory and for his own purpose.

You would benefit by abstaining from this form of idolatry.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of God abides in no earthly vessel so if anyone did get some "miracle" thingie- it wasn't of God.

Also, God doesn't perform "miracles" through the images of anyone else as He does what He does for his own glory and for his own purpose.

Oh wow, so the whole Orthodox Church is idolatry? Catholic Church too for carrying icons?

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow, so the whole Orthodox Church is idolatry? Catholic Church too for carrying icons?

If they met the criteria, yes. Its a one word answer and an absolute.

The ONLY way to the Father is through Jesus (that includes miracles)

Scripture makes it clear that even the "prayers" of the unrighteous are an "abomination" to God.

God doesn't give "miracles" to the masses and certainly not through a man made object.

And not every miracle ( specifically defined as an event beyond the known laws of physics) is of God. Satan and his angels have power there too.

That's why we are to discern because not everything that "appears good" actually is.

Reactions: Stan B

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow I don’t even know what to say.

Well, you will find every word of it true from Scripture regardless of what you or anyone says about it.

There is no "holy object" (anything made of this earth) in Christ and God doesn't perform to the "pleasures or desires" of the general masses.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've been part of healings in Church where the person got ultrasounds and was healed in them. The doctor said it shouldn't have healed on its own. Also I talk to God and he predicts things and I watch them happen. It's usually natural and man made disasters though and not too fun.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not sure it's idolatry he was speaking of, remember the serpent staff of Moses:

Numbers 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure it's idolatry he was speaking of, remember the serpent staff of Moses:

Numbers 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

I'm sure he was, specifically this-

God is not "this icon" and God doesn't work through objects in terms of miracles.

Also God doesn't "dole out" miracles- when He performs one, there is a specific purpose and reason ( and often times they create calamities too)

What you are referencing is God doing the "signpost" or memory stone or representing- that's a totally different subject.

Also, post resurrection, the focus is on Jesus to get to God, not some thing" with no name or power of its own. Be real cautious of anything that claims "God" while doing an end run around Jesus.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If they met the criteria, yes. Its a one word answer and an absolute.

The ONLY way to the Father is through Jesus (that includes miracles)

Scripture makes it clear that even the "prayers" of the unrighteous are an "abomination" to God.

God doesn't give "miracles" to the masses and certainly not through a man made object.

And not every miracle ( specifically defined as an event beyond the known laws of physics) is of God. Satan and his angels have power there too.

That's why we are to discern because not everything that "appears good" actually is.

Well, you will find every word of it true from Scripture regardless of what you or anyone says about it.

There is no "holy object" (anything made of this earth) in Christ and God doesn't perform to the "pleasures or desires" of the general masses.

I'm sure he was, specifically this-

God is not "this icon" and God doesn't work through objects in terms of miracles.

Also God doesn't "dole out" miracles- when He performs one, there is a specific purpose and reason ( and often times they create calamities too)

What you are referencing is God doing the "signpost" or memory stone or representing- that's a totally different subject.

Also, post resurrection, the focus is on Jesus to get to God, not some thing" with no name or power of its own. Be real cautious of anything that claims "God" while doing an end run around Jesus.

Lots of opinions there and not a shred of evidence to support them.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of opinions there and not a shred of evidence to support them.

The statements are the evidence. It might benefit you to do some research and see for yourself.

After all, you have yet to scripturally disprove any of them so if my points are so weak- what does that say about yours since you cant seem to even refute 'nothing"?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The statements are the evidence. It might benefit you to do some research and see for yourself.

It takes a big ego to think that opinions are evidence of anything except a big ego (IMO of course :))

After all, you have yet to scripturally disprove any of them so if my points are so weak- what does that say about yours since you cant seem to even refute 'nothing"?
There is a maxim - That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
You made the claims.
You prove them.

Last edited:

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It takes a big ego to think that opinions are evidence of anything except a big ego (IMO of course :))

Do you have anything of substance or merit to contribute to the discussion?

There is a maxim - That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
You made the claims.
You prove them.

I did as i said earlier. You are simply hiding behind semantics to avoid the inescapable reality when the weakness of your non points is publically exposed.

So, stop waffling and start actually refuting if possible for you

I'll be gentle.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m curious to know if anyone else has experienced any modern-day miracles.
Thank you @devin553344 for mentioning your story and healing by your church priests.

The island of Patmos and the Cave of the Apocalypse where John wrote the the Book of Revelations has been known to perform miracles for pilgrims or local people in the island.

Patmos Cave Of The Apocalypse, Most Spiritual & Miraculous Cave In The World — Greek City Times

I can list a number of miracles performed by the icon in Pennsylvania if anyone is interested.
Thank you.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m curious to know if anyone else has experienced any modern-day miracles.
Thank you @devin553344 for mentioning your story and healing by your church priests.

The island of Patmos and the Cave of the Apocalypse where John wrote the the Book of Revelations has been known to perform miracles for pilgrims or local people in the island.

Patmos Cave Of The Apocalypse, Most Spiritual & Miraculous Cave In The World — Greek City Times

I can list a number of miracles performed by the icon in Pennsylvania if anyone is interested.
Thank you.

OK, define these "miracles" in clear concise detail with detailed information as to who witnessed them, vetted them and where they are so they can be tested and blind verified again. (discerned)

First thing is: Are they actually "miracles" or just claims. Then we must remove any chance of any natural occurence. Then we have to verify all of it.

Thanks

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The miracles of the Virgin Mary icon are listed in the link below and many are not recorded because now in August 15, pilgrims from around the world visit this church and for some, miracles happen. So they don’t publish their personal experiences.

But, some people in Pennsylvania have reported their personal experiences. Here are a few events.

The doctor at the Sloan Kettering Cancer Center tells the woman she has Stage 4 cancer, and there is no treatment that will help her condition. They tell her that they can control her pain, but she has little time to live. With little hope, she leaves the hospital. Yet a friend anoints her with the fragrant myrrh flowing from the Kardiotisa icon. She is miraculously healed. The next time she goes to the doctors and gets checked, they are puzzled and amazed that there is no trace of her cancer.

Over the past three years, these miracles have happened again and again – with people finding healing from prostrate cancer, liver cancer, throat cancer, lung cancer, brain lymphoma, and almost every other form of cancer. There is even one oncologist who now, along with his medical treatment, directs his patients to visit the St. George Orthodox Church in Taylor, PA and be anointed by this miraculous myrrh.

One man had a ruptured brain aneurism. While in the hospital’s ICU, he was in a coma with no hope for recovery. The doctors told the wife and family to say their goodbyes. A friend of the family knew a priest who had seen the Kardiotisa icon and had a cotton swab with the myrrh. He came and anointed the man, and the man awoke from the coma, healed. The doctors couldn’t explain what happened, and said it was truly a miracle.

These are only two testimonies but I have more.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are only two testimonies but I have more.

I didn't ask for stories, testimonies or claims ( you can get plenty of those with aliens, big foot and Nessie sometimes with footprints and fuzzy pictures too), I asked specifically for researched cases with actual evidence vetted by proper authority and published.

Got any of those?

Thanks

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask for stories, testimonies or claims ( you can get plenty of those with aliens, big foot and Nessie sometimes with footprints and fuzzy pictures too), I asked specifically for researched cases with actual evidence vetted by proper authority and published.

Got any of those?

Thanks

Oh I see, I don’t have those, the closest case you’re looking for is probably the Pam Reynolds NDE case ( Pam Reynolds case - Wikipedia ) which was Strictly under a medical setting which raises the questions: What is consciousness? A by-product of the brain or something independent?
But this isn’t the intention of this topic. I’d like to hear more personal testimonies just like when people were inspired to write testimonies of Jesus when he was alive. If you have anything like that, I’m curious to know.

Reactions: amadeus

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see, I don’t have those, the closest case you’re looking for is probably the Pam Reynolds NDE case ( Pam Reynolds case - Wikipedia ) which was Strictly under a medical setting which raises the questions: What is consciousness? A by-product of the brain or something independent?
But this isn’t the intention of this topic. I’d like to hear more personal testimonies just like when people were inspired to write testimonies of Jesus when he was alive. If you have anything like that, I’m curious to know.

Then you are contradicting your own words.

For anything to constitute a "miracle" ( by the correct definition) it must meet certain criteria as established otherwise it isn't a miracle- just a random beating of a long odd. ( regardless of how religious sounding, warm and fuzzy or "beneficial" it may be). Even Satan can violate the laws of physics and produce "miracles" and we wouldn't want to attribute those to God would we?

What you are saying in effect is you want "happy stories" ( which may or may not be true) that can be attributed to God ( not by His act but by man's ego) but for a 'feel good' reaction?

Which one is it? (it cant be both)